Menu icon Foundation

My Posts

My Comments

Nick Chambers commented on Nick Chambers's post almost 3 years

Hi Val,Ahh, I completely understand what you're saying now, that's an excellent solution.I'm going to try that.Thank you so much again for your help, you really are very helpful and kind.Thank you again Val.

Hi Val,
I really appreciate your help, and it's extremely kind of you.
Within your example, say you had pages specifically for 'Africa' and 'America'. The user cannot navigate to those pages, because clicking 'Africa' or 'America' only slides that section down to reveal the sub-nav options for the selected top-nav option.
The only way I can think of overcoming that is to repeat the top-nav option as the first sub-nav, as shown below.
<ul class="vertical menu" data-accordion-menu id="container" data-multi-open="false">
<li>
<a href="" class="level_one">Africa</a>
<ul class="menu vertical nested">
<li><a href="africa-page.html">Africa</a></li>
<li><a href="#">Algeria</a></li>
<li><a href="#">Benin</a></li>
<li><a href="#">Cameroon</a></li>
<li><a href="#">Ethiopia</a></li>
<li><a href="#">Madagascar</a></li>
</ul>
</li>
</ul>

Thanks very much for your reply Val.
I've now switched to using the Accordion-menu, but it still has the same problem. i.e. in your example, clicking 'America' only opens that section and doesn't allow the user to navigate straight to the page for 'America'.
I've used Carol's suggestion of repeating each top-level item as the first sub-nav option which overcomes the problem, but looks a little strange.
Thanks again Val.

Hi Carol,
Thanks. I think that's the only way to do it and then hide those duplicated links for Medium and up.

Anyone, please ?

I've just noticed that someone else is experiencing the exact same problem as myself.

See https://github.com/zurb/foundation-sites/issues/7821

Actually Rafi, even if I only have one instance of the menu, it still encloses it with a div that has min-height set to a very high value. This causes the user to have to scroll through lots of white space before they get to see the content below the menu, in Mobile view.

Hi Rafi,
It's a holiday accommodation site and the left-hand margin has a Locations cascading menu, followed by a heading, followed by a Categories cascading menu.

Posts Followed

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Nick Chambers's post almost 3 years

Hi Val,Ahh, I completely understand what you're saying now, that's an excellent solution.I'm going to try that.Thank you so much again for your help, you really are very helpful and kind.Thank you again Val.

Hi Val,
I really appreciate your help, and it's extremely kind of you.
Within your example, say you had pages specifically for 'Africa' and 'America'. The user cannot navigate to those pages, because clicking 'Africa' or 'America' only slides that section down to reveal the sub-nav options for the selected top-nav option.
The only way I can think of overcoming that is to repeat the top-nav option as the first sub-nav, as shown below.
<ul class="vertical menu" data-accordion-menu id="container" data-multi-open="false">
<li>
<a href="" class="level_one">Africa</a>
<ul class="menu vertical nested">
<li><a href="africa-page.html">Africa</a></li>
<li><a href="#">Algeria</a></li>
<li><a href="#">Benin</a></li>
<li><a href="#">Cameroon</a></li>
<li><a href="#">Ethiopia</a></li>
<li><a href="#">Madagascar</a></li>
</ul>
</li>
</ul>

Thanks very much for your reply Val.
I've now switched to using the Accordion-menu, but it still has the same problem. i.e. in your example, clicking 'America' only opens that section and doesn't allow the user to navigate straight to the page for 'America'.
I've used Carol's suggestion of repeating each top-level item as the first sub-nav option which overcomes the problem, but looks a little strange.
Thanks again Val.

Hi Carol,
Thanks. I think that's the only way to do it and then hide those duplicated links for Medium and up.

Anyone, please ?

I've just noticed that someone else is experiencing the exact same problem as myself.

See https://github.com/zurb/foundation-sites/issues/7821

Actually Rafi, even if I only have one instance of the menu, it still encloses it with a div that has min-height set to a very high value. This causes the user to have to scroll through lots of white space before they get to see the content below the menu, in Mobile view.

Hi Rafi,
It's a holiday accommodation site and the left-hand margin has a Locations cascading menu, followed by a heading, followed by a Categories cascading menu.

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content