Menu icon Foundation

Developer

My Posts

• NEW
  • Dropdown Top Right Issue

By Kai Falkowski

dropdown zf6

Hi, I'm facing an issue of the dropdown and I'm not sure if it's a bug or if I'm missing something. When I try to open a dropdown top and right by adding the class 'float-right' it always ignores the top declaration.Opening top left (without specif... (continued)

Replies
  • ZF6 Slider Event Issue

By Kai Falkowski

zf6slider

Hi, I've got a problem with the slider plugin event changed.zf.slider I except this to not get fired until the user actually uses the slider. But on my page it gets fired on document ready without any interaction. Here's a codepen showing the issue:&nb... (continued)

Last Reply by Jacky888 about 1 year ago

• NEW
  • Reveal Open Event Timing - ZF6

By Kai Falkowski

zf6revealjs

Hi, I've got an issue with the reveal event and I'm not sure if it's an issue with the framework or whether I'm doing something wrong. There's a global modal on my page which gets a lot of content/text via ajax. Since there are several links t... (continued)

My Comments

Kai Falkowski commented on Joel van den Hoven's post over 2 years

Hi Joel,
you don't have to write the prefixes by yourself since the autoprefixer does the job for you (and I'm glad such a tool exists :-) )So are you sure you need all the 'missing' prefixes? What browsers do you wanna support?
If you wanna support browsers e.g. older than IE 9, you just need to adjust the autoprefixer configbrowsers: ['last 2 versions', 'ie >= 9']

Kai Falkowski commented on Jason Mann's post over 2 years

Yes, I think bower is much more appropriate since it helps you to manage all the dependencies (jquery etc.) of your code.
Besides your own repo becomes 'cleaner'.

Kai Falkowski commented on Jason Mann's post over 2 years

Hi Jason,
unless you want to work on the framework itself (NOT on a project using it!) you shouldn't fork it.
For a new project I recommend using a package manager such as bower what lets you easily include and update the framework. In your case git should rather be used to version control YOUR code instead of the framework's code.

Kai Falkowski commented on Keith Burgie's post over 2 years

Hi Keith,
it's a cross-browser workaround to keep the content aligned. If your sum is smaller than 12 you can add the class .end to the last column so it doesn't float right.
For further information check the docshttp://foundation.zurb.com/sites/docs/grid.html

Kai Falkowski commented on Andrew Sepic's post almost 3 years

Hi Andrew,
I think you only have to replace $primary with $primary-color

Kai Falkowski commented on Elisandro Martinez's post almost 3 years

Hi Elisandro,
not sure if I got you right but it sounds to me you just need an include via php, don't you?
<?php

include 'header.php';

?>

page specific code here...

<?php

include 'footer.php';

?>

Kai Falkowski commented on Trevor Lavigne's post almost 3 years

Hi Trevor,
you can simply add a custom pattern to the specific input by adding a regex in the attribute:... pattern=".{1,5}$" ... (replace 5 with the desired max value)
But if you only wanna limit the max characters, you can also use the native 'maxlength' attribute:... maxlength="5" ...

Kai Falkowski commented on Julian Warren's post almost 3 years

Yeah, I noticed a spammer these days as well on some posts I'm following.
Maybe a 'report' button at each post/user would be good idea to help spotting these users.Generally I think an advanced software (such as phpBB or vBulletin) with a reasonable category structure & user management would be really useful for all foundation users :-)
Just my thoughts.

Kai Falkowski commented on Adam Sherman's post almost 3 years

You can achieve this using the plugin's option 'data-back-button' that lets you define your custom back button (incl. custom text)

Kai Falkowski commented on Wiechert Hooghwinkel's post almost 3 years

Ok, then talking about transparency confused me since it has been actually an overlay issue.
As you've already found out a relative position on every <p> via your app.css requires to set a z-index for the menu (or rather its wrapper).But it seems you've already remove the relative position?
(would be better to create a codepen next time so the code doesn't change while helping to solve the issue ;) )
Regarding your question about styling the li / adding mobile styles:You can create a custom class for this and use foundation's great breakpoint mixin to limit it to specific breakpoints.
.your-menu {
background-color: red; // mobile

@include breakpoint(large) {
    background-color: yellow; // desktop
}

}

Posts Followed

Replies
  • column:last-child float right. Why?

By Keith Burgie

grid

This has always struck me as a pretty opinionated style and I'm wondering if there's a practical reason for it. I often end up fighting against it. Why is the last column floated right by default, and what would be a best practice for a column layout that... (continued)

Last Reply by ritariya over 1 year ago

Replies
  • PHP Include

By Elisandro Martinez

PHP

I need to put the top navigation including logo and entire footer into PHP files so that they can be edited once without having to edit every page of the website. &nbsp;I am having difficulty accomplishing this. &nbsp;Can some one please help me? http://... (continued)

Last Reply by Harman S Manchanda almost 3 years ago

Replies
  • Tennis Spam

By Julian Warren

spamtennis

I was looking forward, in vain, to reading the replies to my two recent posts:&nbsp;"Spacers in Outlook and Rows" &nbsp;and &nbsp;"Spacers = Outlook Trouble" Sadly, the replies were from a spammer inviting me to view the Australian Tennis on some, presum... (continued)

Last Reply by Corey Schaaf almost 3 years ago

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Joel van den Hoven's post over 2 years

Hi Joel,
you don't have to write the prefixes by yourself since the autoprefixer does the job for you (and I'm glad such a tool exists :-) )So are you sure you need all the 'missing' prefixes? What browsers do you wanna support?
If you wanna support browsers e.g. older than IE 9, you just need to adjust the autoprefixer configbrowsers: ['last 2 versions', 'ie >= 9']

You commented on Jason Mann's post over 2 years

Yes, I think bower is much more appropriate since it helps you to manage all the dependencies (jquery etc.) of your code.
Besides your own repo becomes 'cleaner'.

You commented on Jason Mann's post over 2 years

Hi Jason,
unless you want to work on the framework itself (NOT on a project using it!) you shouldn't fork it.
For a new project I recommend using a package manager such as bower what lets you easily include and update the framework. In your case git should rather be used to version control YOUR code instead of the framework's code.

You commented on Keith Burgie's post over 2 years

Hi Keith,
it's a cross-browser workaround to keep the content aligned. If your sum is smaller than 12 you can add the class .end to the last column so it doesn't float right.
For further information check the docshttp://foundation.zurb.com/sites/docs/grid.html

You commented on Andrew Sepic's post almost 3 years

Hi Andrew,
I think you only have to replace $primary with $primary-color

You commented on Elisandro Martinez's post almost 3 years

Hi Elisandro,
not sure if I got you right but it sounds to me you just need an include via php, don't you?
<?php

include 'header.php';

?>

page specific code here...

<?php

include 'footer.php';

?>

You commented on Trevor Lavigne's post almost 3 years

Hi Trevor,
you can simply add a custom pattern to the specific input by adding a regex in the attribute:... pattern=".{1,5}$" ... (replace 5 with the desired max value)
But if you only wanna limit the max characters, you can also use the native 'maxlength' attribute:... maxlength="5" ...

You commented on Julian Warren's post almost 3 years

Yeah, I noticed a spammer these days as well on some posts I'm following.
Maybe a 'report' button at each post/user would be good idea to help spotting these users.Generally I think an advanced software (such as phpBB or vBulletin) with a reasonable category structure & user management would be really useful for all foundation users :-)
Just my thoughts.

You commented on Adam Sherman's post almost 3 years

You can achieve this using the plugin's option 'data-back-button' that lets you define your custom back button (incl. custom text)

You commented on Wiechert Hooghwinkel's post almost 3 years

Ok, then talking about transparency confused me since it has been actually an overlay issue.
As you've already found out a relative position on every <p> via your app.css requires to set a z-index for the menu (or rather its wrapper).But it seems you've already remove the relative position?
(would be better to create a codepen next time so the code doesn't change while helping to solve the issue ;) )
Regarding your question about styling the li / adding mobile styles:You can create a custom class for this and use foundation's great breakpoint mixin to limit it to specific breakpoints.
.your-menu {
background-color: red; // mobile

@include breakpoint(large) {
    background-color: yellow; // desktop
}

}

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content