Menu icon Foundation

Developer | Friday Harbor, WA

Stay frosty.

My Posts

My Comments

Wes Mann commented on Wes Mann's post about 4 years

Rafi; thanks so much for the tip.... I was hoping it would be something simple :)

Wes Mann commented on Bryan Thrasher's post about 5 years

Bryan, thanks for taking the time to write that up! I had already followed these instructions
http://foundation.zurb.com/forum/posts/241-foundation-5-and-ie8 and got the layout appearance working "decent" .... but I'm still getting js errors in ie8. Did you find a solution for these errors? If you have a site online where you used this trick please share the url if you can.

Thanks very much.

Wes Mann commented on Tristan Gemus's post about 5 years

The block grid lets you use just one layout.... it scales the layout down or up depending on screen size. http://foundation.zurb.com/docs/components/block_grid.html

That might work for you.

Wes Mann commented on Wes Mann's post about 5 years

I'm trying out "jetmenu" at the moment.... it seems to play well with foundation however I've not using the native foundation menu.

Cool... it would be nice if they just had an image class for that too. Thanks very much for your input.

Thanks for your ideas guys.

Brandon, I looked at that pen and it works great! Are their any hacks to get this working in ie8? We've still got 10% of our customers using ie8!

Or maybe if they are on ie 8 we can link them to a page with the content of the modal instead of a modal. hmmmm

Thanks again...

Thanks very much guys... trying these out now!

Thanks for responding.... I figured it out.... I didn't have a height set on the footer.... as soon as I added some height the color showed up. :)

Posts Followed

Replies
  • Foundation 5 and IE8

By James Cocker

ie8Foundation 5usage

Firstly, I know, I know, IE8 is nearly dead and the recommended way to use Foundation on it is to stick with version 3. However, I have a new site build coming up which unfortunately requires IE8 support, and I'd really like to use the new Foundation 5 wi... (continued)

Last Reply by manav singh 5 months ago

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Wes Mann's post about 4 years

Rafi; thanks so much for the tip.... I was hoping it would be something simple :)

You commented on Bryan Thrasher's post about 5 years

Bryan, thanks for taking the time to write that up! I had already followed these instructions
http://foundation.zurb.com/forum/posts/241-foundation-5-and-ie8 and got the layout appearance working "decent" .... but I'm still getting js errors in ie8. Did you find a solution for these errors? If you have a site online where you used this trick please share the url if you can.

Thanks very much.

You commented on Tristan Gemus's post about 5 years

The block grid lets you use just one layout.... it scales the layout down or up depending on screen size. http://foundation.zurb.com/docs/components/block_grid.html

That might work for you.

You commented on Wes Mann's post about 5 years

I'm trying out "jetmenu" at the moment.... it seems to play well with foundation however I've not using the native foundation menu.

Cool... it would be nice if they just had an image class for that too. Thanks very much for your input.

Thanks for your ideas guys.

Brandon, I looked at that pen and it works great! Are their any hacks to get this working in ie8? We've still got 10% of our customers using ie8!

Or maybe if they are on ie 8 we can link them to a page with the content of the modal instead of a modal. hmmmm

Thanks again...

Thanks very much guys... trying these out now!

Thanks for responding.... I figured it out.... I didn't have a height set on the footer.... as soon as I added some height the color showed up. :)

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content