Menu icon Foundation

My Posts

• NEW
  • F6 - Syntax errors in IE9-11

By Mike Wojcik

F6syntax errorIE

Getting syntax errors that break javascript functionality when included some individual foundation "util" libraries. It seems to only happen in IE browsers. To reproduce: Include the foundation.util.mediaQuery.js file in your project. Open up fo... (continued)

My Comments

Mike Wojcik commented on Mehdi T's post about 3 years

I have this exact same issue. It's frustrating as it causes an error and makes other javascript functionality on the site stop working. It only happens in IE browsers.
To reproduce:

Include the foundation.util.mediaQuery.js file in your project.
Open up for your site in Internet Explorer
Open the browser's console and you'll see an error similar to SCRIPT1003: Expected ':'

If you click on the error, you'll be taken to the line in the code that is causing the issue, which is the "_init() {" line in the code below:
var MediaQuery = {
queries: [],

current: '',

/**
* Initializes the media query helper, by extracting the breakpoint list from the CSS and activating the breakpoint watcher.
* @function
* @private
*/
_init() {

Posts Followed

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Mehdi T's post about 3 years

I have this exact same issue. It's frustrating as it causes an error and makes other javascript functionality on the site stop working. It only happens in IE browsers.
To reproduce:

Include the foundation.util.mediaQuery.js file in your project.
Open up for your site in Internet Explorer
Open the browser's console and you'll see an error similar to SCRIPT1003: Expected ':'

If you click on the error, you'll be taken to the line in the code that is causing the issue, which is the "_init() {" line in the code below:
var MediaQuery = {
queries: [],

current: '',

/**
* Initializes the media query helper, by extracting the breakpoint list from the CSS and activating the breakpoint watcher.
* @function
* @private
*/
_init() {

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content