Menu icon Foundation

My Posts

No Content

My Comments

Elliott Regan commented on Kevin Ball's post over 3 years

Corey, 
I'm using @2x sized images, and depending on the browser/email client, the images will either blow up to 100% width (thanks for _normalize.scss) or respect the width attribute that I need to manually add. Since I need to manually set the width attribute on images so they don't display at 2x their intended size, I can't change the size of the image at different breakpoints. I would love to see how you handle @2x images in your emails using Foundation, and hopefully I am just going about it all wrong.

As for the buttons, Outlook does all sorts of stuff with them. I'm OK with border-radius getting dropped on some clients, but the padding around the text gets dropped on Outlook.com.

Can you use special unicode characters? Apostrophes get converted to ' which is just all sorts of wrong. Any other non-alphanumeric character gets the same treatment, so I need to manually replace every instance after building. 

Elliott Regan commented on Kevin Ball's post over 3 years

Mark, a grid using calc() is too much for email clients to handle. 
Colaborati, this post is about Foundation for Emails, not Sites. Even so, I agree with everything you said. Foundation for Emails is full of show-stopping bugs that need to be fixed before any new features get implemented.

Kevin, just fix the bugs before adding new languages or whatever. Currently I can't use any special unicode characters (like apostrophes or ©), buttons don't always retain their shape, and there is no clear way to handle responsive images. 

Posts Followed

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

No Content

My Comments

You commented on Kevin Ball's post over 3 years

Corey, 
I'm using @2x sized images, and depending on the browser/email client, the images will either blow up to 100% width (thanks for _normalize.scss) or respect the width attribute that I need to manually add. Since I need to manually set the width attribute on images so they don't display at 2x their intended size, I can't change the size of the image at different breakpoints. I would love to see how you handle @2x images in your emails using Foundation, and hopefully I am just going about it all wrong.

As for the buttons, Outlook does all sorts of stuff with them. I'm OK with border-radius getting dropped on some clients, but the padding around the text gets dropped on Outlook.com.

Can you use special unicode characters? Apostrophes get converted to ' which is just all sorts of wrong. Any other non-alphanumeric character gets the same treatment, so I need to manually replace every instance after building. 

You commented on Kevin Ball's post over 3 years

Mark, a grid using calc() is too much for email clients to handle. 
Colaborati, this post is about Foundation for Emails, not Sites. Even so, I agree with everything you said. Foundation for Emails is full of show-stopping bugs that need to be fixed before any new features get implemented.

Kevin, just fix the bugs before adding new languages or whatever. Currently I can't use any special unicode characters (like apostrophes or ©), buttons don't always retain their shape, and there is no clear way to handle responsive images. 

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content