Menu icon Foundation

My Posts

Replies
  • Best way to style buttons?

By Digi Wolf

buttonsstyling buttons

So using the default buttons in foundation while handy with the different classes for tony-small-medium etc I find they arent the most functional design wise. Depending on the length of text the buttons then have a certain amount of 'button' for want of ... (continued)

Last Reply by Digi Wolf over 3 years ago

My Comments

Digi Wolf commented on Digi Wolf's post over 3 years

Hi thanks for your reply.
Your example shows what i mean - the button you have wrapped in a column adjusts is height based on the amount of text - the class of button uses padding to contain it within the column.
If you were to have another column the same width beside it with a button with just a single word then there is no consistency between the two buttons. They are the same width but height wise they will be totally different and from a design point of view it looks bad.
So whats the best solution - or one people use? Is it to have buttons based on widths and have a button thats 25%, 50% and 75% of the column widths or use some other method?

Digi Wolf commented on Digi Wolf's post over 3 years

Thanks for the response, I need to look into SASS more maybe and see if that's a fix. Do let me know if you find a good working solution and will keep you posted if I find a tweak that works!

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Digi Wolf's post over 3 years

Hi thanks for your reply.
Your example shows what i mean - the button you have wrapped in a column adjusts is height based on the amount of text - the class of button uses padding to contain it within the column.
If you were to have another column the same width beside it with a button with just a single word then there is no consistency between the two buttons. They are the same width but height wise they will be totally different and from a design point of view it looks bad.
So whats the best solution - or one people use? Is it to have buttons based on widths and have a button thats 25%, 50% and 75% of the column widths or use some other method?

You commented on Digi Wolf's post over 3 years

Thanks for the response, I need to look into SASS more maybe and see if that's a fix. Do let me know if you find a good working solution and will keep you posted if I find a tweak that works!

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content