Menu icon Foundation

My Posts

My Comments

Don Vanboom commented on Marv Steigman's post over 5 years

Imho it's deprecated because the folks at Foundation don't want to support it.... because it is a wreck. I have had endless issues with it... it's the first thing to break in my apps when I upgrade to the latest Foundation, and the most costly to debug when it does. I've tried to become an expert in the Orbit javascript... thinking I could help give a little back to the community, but it's way over my head. Good riddance Orbit! Either support it or get rid of it.

And yes, it's not working again for me as I upgrade from 5.1.1 to 5.2.3... not auto-sizing in height properly to fit the content within.

Don Vanboom commented on Luca Spanò's post almost 6 years

I've created a pull request... removing one line of code disabled the auto advance next on click feature.

https://github.com/zurb/foundation-rails/pull/76

Don Vanboom commented on Murphy Randle's post almost 6 years

This worked... put a manual window resize trigger after the foundation() call...

$(function(){ 
  $(document).foundation(); 
  $(window).trigger("resize"); 
});

Don Vanboom commented on Murphy Randle's post almost 6 years

Same behavior is happening in my application after upgrading to 5.1.1. $(window).trigger('resize'); does not work. The Orbit is only properly sized after resizing the browser window.

My app was working in 5.0.3, so possibly this is a bug in 5.1.1?

Don Vanboom commented on Maximilien Lavallée's post almost 6 years

Deleted .sass-cache and the sass directories from my Rails application root directory and now 5.1.1 appears to be getting loaded. Hope this helps.

Don Vanboom commented on Maximilien Lavallée's post almost 6 years

For those of us developing in Ruby on Rails and using the foundation-rails gem, I have updated the gem to 5.1.1, but a View Source on my application page shows that _global.css.scss is still at 5.0.3. This may be the cause of the Javascript issue...need to dig further. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Don Vanboom commented on Pooria Khodaveissi's post almost 6 years

Removing data-orbit-slide from the element also appears to disable the auto next on click behavior. That removes the ability to queue the Orbit from javascript elsewhere though.

Don Vanboom commented on Viet Hoang's post almost 6 years

Same here after upgrading from 5.0.3.1 to 5.1.1.0....Javascript error that keeps foundation from running.

Posts Followed

Replies
  • F5 Accordion arrows

By Shawn Jones

accordion

I think past version of the accordion had up and down arrows depending on id the accordion was open or closed. I was going to try to add it, but there is no class that is added to the Thanks! Shawn

Last Reply by Amir over 4 years ago

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Marv Steigman's post over 5 years

Imho it's deprecated because the folks at Foundation don't want to support it.... because it is a wreck. I have had endless issues with it... it's the first thing to break in my apps when I upgrade to the latest Foundation, and the most costly to debug when it does. I've tried to become an expert in the Orbit javascript... thinking I could help give a little back to the community, but it's way over my head. Good riddance Orbit! Either support it or get rid of it.

And yes, it's not working again for me as I upgrade from 5.1.1 to 5.2.3... not auto-sizing in height properly to fit the content within.

You commented on Luca Spanò's post almost 6 years

I've created a pull request... removing one line of code disabled the auto advance next on click feature.

https://github.com/zurb/foundation-rails/pull/76

You commented on Murphy Randle's post almost 6 years

This worked... put a manual window resize trigger after the foundation() call...

$(function(){ 
  $(document).foundation(); 
  $(window).trigger("resize"); 
});

You commented on Murphy Randle's post almost 6 years

Same behavior is happening in my application after upgrading to 5.1.1. $(window).trigger('resize'); does not work. The Orbit is only properly sized after resizing the browser window.

My app was working in 5.0.3, so possibly this is a bug in 5.1.1?

You commented on Maximilien Lavallée's post almost 6 years

Deleted .sass-cache and the sass directories from my Rails application root directory and now 5.1.1 appears to be getting loaded. Hope this helps.

You commented on Maximilien Lavallée's post almost 6 years

For those of us developing in Ruby on Rails and using the foundation-rails gem, I have updated the gem to 5.1.1, but a View Source on my application page shows that _global.css.scss is still at 5.0.3. This may be the cause of the Javascript issue...need to dig further. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

You commented on Pooria Khodaveissi's post almost 6 years

Removing data-orbit-slide from the element also appears to disable the auto next on click behavior. That removes the ability to queue the Orbit from javascript elsewhere though.

You commented on Viet Hoang's post almost 6 years

Same here after upgrading from 5.0.3.1 to 5.1.1.0....Javascript error that keeps foundation from running.

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content