Menu icon Foundation

Developer | Capitola, CA

Front end web developer focusing on Fast, Functional, & Mobile Friendly using Responsive Web Design. That's what I do!

My Posts

Replies
  • Orbit - stretch an image to full width

By Daren Barry

Orbit

Is there a way to stretch an image to full width? I already have the row expanded, the issue is, my image height is 1080px, so foundation seems to INJECT style="height: 1080px;" into the <ul class="orbit-container"> which in turn limits the ima... (continued)

Last Reply by bomay 12 months ago

• NEW
  • Top-bar vs hamburger set point

By Daren Barry

tob-barmenuhamburger

I've been using Foundation for a few years now (started at 5, and now have used several versions of 6). One thing that continues to frustrate me is the transition point from the top-bar menu going to the hamburger. ( I want to be able to set when the hamb... (continued)

My Comments

Daren Barry commented on Erik's post about 2 years

Ironically Foundation just launched a new set of docs... but I can't seem to find the answer to this anywhere

Daren Barry commented on Jonathan Ireland's post about 2 years

Hey Rob - unfortunately No. No one at Foundation seems to be addressing this. This continues to be passed off as a NON-issue - which CLEARLY it IS STILL AN ISSUE. I'd really like to see this resolved. Using SCSS makes developing super efficient and effective but... as stated before, so far there is no cure for this while using Foundation. Web 4U Inc

Daren Barry commented on Shawn Jones's post over 2 years

I just use _settings.scss to do it. I use SASS more and more - I've actually gone back to older projects and reduced my "additional" CSS file by 75% by using SASS more effectively. www.web4uinc.com

Daren Barry commented on Rob Gilhuly's post over 2 years

Ever used Web Inspector? Look me up if you need help using it. Web 4U Inc www.web4uinc.com

Daren Barry commented on Rob Gilhuly's post over 2 years

Hey Rob, have you ever used a web inspector tool? Using this tool (if you're on PC using Chrome, hit Ctrl + Shift + i ) and the inspector will appear. This tool will help you greatly!  Web 4U Inc

Daren Barry commented on Steven Muncy's post over 2 years

I'm not sure I completely understand what you're trying to determine. when I upgrade from an older Foundation version to a newer one, I Remove and Replace all the CSS and JS files accordingly. I use SASS a lot which will mean using the newer version of SASS (settings & foundation) which will obviously result in a new Foundation.css file. So - aside from that - what are you wondering?  - when you say "manually" I assume you mean you're not commandlining the Foundation files ( I drag and drop via FTP ) 

Daren Barry commented on Michael Barthel's post over 2 years

To some degree, how often you're using "row" is a personal preference. I know some developers that use row every time there's a clearing of a horizontal row. I tend to use it in sections to make sure things clear (at a minimum header, main, footer) - this of course depends on how much content you have. 

Daren Barry commented on Just Clint's post over 2 years

Do you have a link to the site? I always code like this:
<div class="row">
<div class="columns">

<div class="small-12 medium-6 large-3 columns">
</div>
</div>
</div>

</div>
</div>
Obviously adjust the -# to what ever suits your project

Daren Barry commented on Erwin0Maleki's post over 2 years

Do you have a link to the site?

Daren Barry commented on Jeff Darst's post over 2 years

FYI when I viewed source and clicked on <script src="foundation/js/vendor/foundation.topbar.js" type="text/javascript"></script> I got a 404. you also have the non minified version of Foundation and then the minified version of Foundation right after that. You might start there.

Posts Followed

• Accordion arrows

By Shawn Jones

accordions

Is there a data-option to turn off or on accordion arrows? I know I can change it globally in the _settings.scss file. I know can also override it in my scss. It would be nice if I could add data-accordion-arrows="false" to the accordion itself.

Last Reply by Daren Barry over 2 years ago

Replies
  • Updating to 6.3.1

By Steven Muncy

updatesF6workflow

I have an existing project that uses F6.1.1. Bower should take care of the update for most of the files. I know settings.scss does not get overwritten. Are there other files that need manually updated? Are there any best practices for keeping Foundation current? Thanks.

Last Reply by Rebecca Chimenti about 2 years ago

Replies
  • How do I make my menu on mobile vertical?

By AJ

p

&lt;div class="row"&gt; &lt;div class="title-bar" data-responsive-toggle="menu" data-hide-for="medium"&gt; &lt;button class="menu-icon" type="button" data-toggle="menu"&gt;&lt;/button&gt; &lt;div class="title-bar-title"&gt;Menu&lt;/div&gt; &nbsp; &lt;... (continued)

Last Reply by AJ over 2 years ago

• menu dropdown not working

By Erwin0Maleki

menudropdown

hey, I have problem with dropdown menu in &nbsp;Foundation&nbsp;6. It's not working&nbsp;! &lt;!DOCTYPE html&gt; &lt;html lang="fa" dir="rtl"&gt; &lt;head&gt; &lt;meta charset="UTF-8"&gt; &lt;meta http-equiv="x-ua-compatible" content="ie=e... (continued)

Last Reply by Daren Barry over 2 years ago

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Erik's post about 2 years

Ironically Foundation just launched a new set of docs... but I can't seem to find the answer to this anywhere

You commented on Jonathan Ireland's post about 2 years

Hey Rob - unfortunately No. No one at Foundation seems to be addressing this. This continues to be passed off as a NON-issue - which CLEARLY it IS STILL AN ISSUE. I'd really like to see this resolved. Using SCSS makes developing super efficient and effective but... as stated before, so far there is no cure for this while using Foundation. Web 4U Inc

You commented on Shawn Jones's post over 2 years

I just use _settings.scss to do it. I use SASS more and more - I've actually gone back to older projects and reduced my "additional" CSS file by 75% by using SASS more effectively. www.web4uinc.com

You commented on Rob Gilhuly's post over 2 years

Ever used Web Inspector? Look me up if you need help using it. Web 4U Inc www.web4uinc.com

You commented on Rob Gilhuly's post over 2 years

Hey Rob, have you ever used a web inspector tool? Using this tool (if you're on PC using Chrome, hit Ctrl + Shift + i ) and the inspector will appear. This tool will help you greatly!  Web 4U Inc

You commented on Steven Muncy's post over 2 years

I'm not sure I completely understand what you're trying to determine. when I upgrade from an older Foundation version to a newer one, I Remove and Replace all the CSS and JS files accordingly. I use SASS a lot which will mean using the newer version of SASS (settings & foundation) which will obviously result in a new Foundation.css file. So - aside from that - what are you wondering?  - when you say "manually" I assume you mean you're not commandlining the Foundation files ( I drag and drop via FTP ) 

You commented on Michael Barthel's post over 2 years

To some degree, how often you're using "row" is a personal preference. I know some developers that use row every time there's a clearing of a horizontal row. I tend to use it in sections to make sure things clear (at a minimum header, main, footer) - this of course depends on how much content you have. 

You commented on Just Clint's post over 2 years

Do you have a link to the site? I always code like this:
<div class="row">
<div class="columns">

</div>
</div>
</div>

</div>
</div>
Obviously adjust the -# to what ever suits your project

You commented on Erwin0Maleki's post over 2 years

Do you have a link to the site?

You commented on Jeff Darst's post over 2 years

FYI when I viewed source and clicked on <script src="foundation/js/vendor/foundation.topbar.js" type="text/javascript"></script> I got a 404. you also have the non minified version of Foundation and then the minified version of Foundation right after that. You might start there.

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content