Menu icon Foundation

My Posts

My Comments

bofa commented on Tom Ta's post almost 6 years

Works beautifully! It is jumpy if class.active is preset on one of the panels on page load, but simply removing the active class allows the smooth functioning that a visitor would like. Very pleasing! Cheers!

bofa commented on Tom Ta's post almost 6 years

Thank you @Nemanja - excellent fix.

The class "active" remains on the last clicked dd. Any way to remove the class with a second click?

bofa commented on bofa's post almost 6 years

Yes, the behaviour in your CodePen demonstrates what I am experiencing, thank you. When you narrow the window to trigger the mobile "menu" layout the parent link is only capable of drilling down to the child link; its own link is rendered unusable.

In case I'm not being fully understood here's what I require from the menu:
Link 1 > goes to > page 1
Link 2 Parent > goes to > page 2
subLink 2 child > goes to > page 3
Link 3 > goes to > page 4

When using full menu with mouse:
Link 2 parent:
- on hover drops menu down
- on click goes to page 2
subLink 2 child:

- on hover does nothing
- on click goes to page 3

When using the full menu with touch device:
Link 2 parent:
- on first tap drops menu down
- on second tap goes to page 2
subLink 2 child:
- is displayed after tap on parent link
- on first tap goes to page 3

When using the mobile menu with any device:
Link 2 parent:
- on first tap/click drops menu down/accordians menu out
- while remaining clickable a second tap goes to page 2
subLink 2 child:
- is displayed after tap/click on parent link
- on first tap/click goes to page 3

I am seeing, as I describe this, that the current set-up prevents the desired behaviour; this functions in this way by design. So, again I wonder what other people have done to work around this issue.

I can avoid links in top-level menu items where a dropdown is used. This will work around it sufficiently, but it will cause my menu to function differently than I would prefer. Any other ideas or solutions out there? Thanks again!

bofa commented on bofa's post almost 6 years

Is it possible that this is how it has been designed? In the documentation it appears to function as I am experiencing, rendering the top-level links inaccessible in mobile format. How have you overcome this in your projects?

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Tom Ta's post almost 6 years

Works beautifully! It is jumpy if class.active is preset on one of the panels on page load, but simply removing the active class allows the smooth functioning that a visitor would like. Very pleasing! Cheers!

You commented on Tom Ta's post almost 6 years

Thank you @Nemanja - excellent fix.

The class "active" remains on the last clicked dd. Any way to remove the class with a second click?

You commented on bofa's post almost 6 years

Yes, the behaviour in your CodePen demonstrates what I am experiencing, thank you. When you narrow the window to trigger the mobile "menu" layout the parent link is only capable of drilling down to the child link; its own link is rendered unusable.

In case I'm not being fully understood here's what I require from the menu:
Link 1 > goes to > page 1
Link 2 Parent > goes to > page 2
subLink 2 child > goes to > page 3
Link 3 > goes to > page 4

When using full menu with mouse:
Link 2 parent:
- on hover drops menu down
- on click goes to page 2
subLink 2 child:

- on hover does nothing
- on click goes to page 3

When using the full menu with touch device:
Link 2 parent:
- on first tap drops menu down
- on second tap goes to page 2
subLink 2 child:
- is displayed after tap on parent link
- on first tap goes to page 3

When using the mobile menu with any device:
Link 2 parent:
- on first tap/click drops menu down/accordians menu out
- while remaining clickable a second tap goes to page 2
subLink 2 child:
- is displayed after tap/click on parent link
- on first tap/click goes to page 3

I am seeing, as I describe this, that the current set-up prevents the desired behaviour; this functions in this way by design. So, again I wonder what other people have done to work around this issue.

I can avoid links in top-level menu items where a dropdown is used. This will work around it sufficiently, but it will cause my menu to function differently than I would prefer. Any other ideas or solutions out there? Thanks again!

You commented on bofa's post almost 6 years

Is it possible that this is how it has been designed? In the documentation it appears to function as I am experiencing, rendering the top-level links inaccessible in mobile format. How have you overcome this in your projects?

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content