Menu icon Foundation

Developer | Maidenhead, UK

General do-all dogsbody...

My Posts

My Comments

Gavin Lawrie commented on pixelup's post almost 3 years

Good to hear you are having a go with Foundations for Emails.  Hope it goes well for you.
The behaviour you noticed with visibility classes in Gmail (and some other web based email systems) is noted in the documentation - specifically this comment at foot of the page on Visibility Classes:
note - .hide-for-large is not supported on Gmail and Yahoo email clients.
Hope this clarifies things for you.
The online documentation for Foundation for Emails is pretty good - and well worth consulting if you are going to be developing things using the system.

Gavin Lawrie commented on Gavin Lawrie's post over 3 years

Hi Corey
Weird - it still doesn't work here.  Here is what I get:

I'm using the vanilla Foundation for Email 2.1 install - and the default template.
But thanks for the great information / advice.  
I've been following the (limited) documentation for Email 2.1 closely (and noticed that there is none for the <menu> tag).
The idea of looking at the HTML rather than the INKY code is not lost on me - I've been trying to debug this using regular developer / inspector mode - and it is helpful to see what is going on - but it is not at all clear how to target particular constructs via CSS when the constructs are automatically generated (and may change).  The INKY classes appear to be scattered somewhat through the HTML code - part of the challenge is digging through all the recursively generated tables it creates to work out what it is trying to do.
Which is a bit of a blow - we already have serviceable hand-coded HTML templates that are just as complicated.  The hope with INKY is that we can create / modify these email designs more easily.  Partly this is true (though I wonder a bit about the efficiency of the INKY code generator - it does seem to generate a lot of code...) - but I guess it is early days yet.  Maybe as Foundation for Email evolves it will get better / more capable.  Right now not being able to right justify a button seems like a fairly major gap in capabilities.
Anyhow - I'll keep at it and see if I can get some work-around to go.
Cheers
Gavin

Hi Corey
Thanks for the suggestion - but doesn't appear to work.  I'm not sure if there is something missing from your explanation - but I am guessing you meant to say to add "set-right-justified" to the button class not "align-right".
Also - do buttons in inky automatically get the class 'button'?  (implied by your suggestion, but not sure about this).
Anyhow - thanks anyhow for the idea.  Helpful.

Thanks Corey - worked like a charm.  
Not sure what you did different to me - that's what I tried to do initially - but I guess I messed it up somewhat... :)
Your help is very much appreciated - Thanks!

Posts Followed

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on pixelup's post almost 3 years

Good to hear you are having a go with Foundations for Emails.  Hope it goes well for you.
The behaviour you noticed with visibility classes in Gmail (and some other web based email systems) is noted in the documentation - specifically this comment at foot of the page on Visibility Classes:
note - .hide-for-large is not supported on Gmail and Yahoo email clients.
Hope this clarifies things for you.
The online documentation for Foundation for Emails is pretty good - and well worth consulting if you are going to be developing things using the system.

You commented on Gavin Lawrie's post over 3 years

Hi Corey
Weird - it still doesn't work here.  Here is what I get:

I'm using the vanilla Foundation for Email 2.1 install - and the default template.
But thanks for the great information / advice.  
I've been following the (limited) documentation for Email 2.1 closely (and noticed that there is none for the <menu> tag).
The idea of looking at the HTML rather than the INKY code is not lost on me - I've been trying to debug this using regular developer / inspector mode - and it is helpful to see what is going on - but it is not at all clear how to target particular constructs via CSS when the constructs are automatically generated (and may change).  The INKY classes appear to be scattered somewhat through the HTML code - part of the challenge is digging through all the recursively generated tables it creates to work out what it is trying to do.
Which is a bit of a blow - we already have serviceable hand-coded HTML templates that are just as complicated.  The hope with INKY is that we can create / modify these email designs more easily.  Partly this is true (though I wonder a bit about the efficiency of the INKY code generator - it does seem to generate a lot of code...) - but I guess it is early days yet.  Maybe as Foundation for Email evolves it will get better / more capable.  Right now not being able to right justify a button seems like a fairly major gap in capabilities.
Anyhow - I'll keep at it and see if I can get some work-around to go.
Cheers
Gavin

Hi Corey
Thanks for the suggestion - but doesn't appear to work.  I'm not sure if there is something missing from your explanation - but I am guessing you meant to say to add "set-right-justified" to the button class not "align-right".
Also - do buttons in inky automatically get the class 'button'?  (implied by your suggestion, but not sure about this).
Anyhow - thanks anyhow for the idea.  Helpful.

Thanks Corey - worked like a charm.  
Not sure what you did different to me - that's what I tried to do initially - but I guess I messed it up somewhat... :)
Your help is very much appreciated - Thanks!

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content