Menu icon Foundation

My Posts

My Comments

Lars commented on Lars's post over 3 years

That's what I want to achieve Rafi, yes. The benefit would be time saving doing this again and again - e.g. during testing changes of the email layout and how it would look like the final system with dynamic content inserted in the <!-- content --> area.
As Corey stated correctly the breaking apart is just temporarily - the shop system put the pieces together with different content sections. This means there is no problem about broken relationshop between media queries and inline styles.
I believe there are a lot of systems (crm, cms, blog, shop, etc.) that use the approach of global header and footer with a dynamic or interchangeable content section for sending emails.
The issue with special characters (", ', &) in my case) that get replaced during the build process is something I noticed, too. I would like to see a setting for excluding certain special characters but that's another issue I think :)

Lars commented on Lars's post over 3 years

Hi Rafi,
thank you for the answer. I just started to use foundation for emails for producing new mail templates. I don't have any special build system so far, just the gulp workflow shipped with the zurb stack. I thought about extending that process with some kind of automatic splitting of the final template files. For this purpose I added some html comments in my source files, e.g.
<!-- <header> -->...<!-- </header> -->
Now I just needed some kind okf gulp task that can extract this sections out of the compiled file into new ones. I guess there is no such task in the zurb stack but maybe it would be a good extension for other users, too.

Posts Followed

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Lars's post over 3 years

That's what I want to achieve Rafi, yes. The benefit would be time saving doing this again and again - e.g. during testing changes of the email layout and how it would look like the final system with dynamic content inserted in the <!-- content --> area.
As Corey stated correctly the breaking apart is just temporarily - the shop system put the pieces together with different content sections. This means there is no problem about broken relationshop between media queries and inline styles.
I believe there are a lot of systems (crm, cms, blog, shop, etc.) that use the approach of global header and footer with a dynamic or interchangeable content section for sending emails.
The issue with special characters (", ', &) in my case) that get replaced during the build process is something I noticed, too. I would like to see a setting for excluding certain special characters but that's another issue I think :)

You commented on Lars's post over 3 years

Hi Rafi,
thank you for the answer. I just started to use foundation for emails for producing new mail templates. I don't have any special build system so far, just the gulp workflow shipped with the zurb stack. I thought about extending that process with some kind of automatic splitting of the final template files. For this purpose I added some html comments in my source files, e.g.
<!-- <header> -->...<!-- </header> -->
Now I just needed some kind okf gulp task that can extract this sections out of the compiled file into new ones. I guess there is no such task in the zurb stack but maybe it would be a good extension for other users, too.

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content