Menu icon Foundation

Coder | Singapore

I love front-end development and foundation framework

My Posts

My Comments

Donovan Ng commented on Donovan Ng's post about 5 years

so my understanding would be that:
$(document).foundation() before tag is sufficient for initialization and then followed by respective jquery coding in app.js?

Example from above:

$(document).ready(function() //this line is no longer needed in app.js?
{
...jquery code here...
}
);

Donovan Ng commented on Logan Shire's post about 5 years

what do you mean? it does come with app.css, it is the basic setup for any foundation projects.

did you create a new project?

Donovan Ng commented on Ryan 's post about 5 years

my understanding is that you are using "h1" and foundation has presets for it.
please read this link on how to make changes to your h1 type: http://foundation.zurb.com/docs/components/typography.html

you can customise your h1 - with line-height/font-size. play around with it

Donovan Ng commented on Charlie Hinojosa's post about 5 years

same here, no issues with your website. check your console when you are running. possible some processes failed or dropped out upon running, or not cached. This can happen whenever a rollout happens. Refresh and rerun your browser.

Donovan Ng commented on Chris's post about 5 years

"div" basically is a block object itself. go to inspect element of chrome/ firebug for firefox and hover over the html code and you will see that all elements will be highlighted in rectangles - aka blocks.

do when you remove div from your html code, it collapses.

you can find out more on CSS-TRICKS: http://css-tricks.com/search-results/?q=div+blocks

Foundation has presets for columns. basically 12 columns in total. this is common understanding among all front-end developers. please read under the section of "Docs" for more understanding.

Donovan Ng commented on Donovan Ng's post over 5 years

Actually I have already installed meteorite which is a package for foundation. What I would like to understand is how Foundation can now be incorporated into Meteor? Such as SASS coding for any web apps.

Donovan Ng commented on Donovan Ng's post over 5 years

I don't think you understood the issue I am facing currently. Let me re-explain with a picture.

Scenario: The password is stored inside mysql. I would like to have the password-field checking with mysql database. Is it possible with data-abide feature?

As the picture shows, it keeps throwing an error even when I typed in the correct password. Does this mean 'data-abide' does not respond with database at all? I am not clear on this part.

Could anyone guide me? thanks.

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Donovan Ng's post about 5 years

so my understanding would be that:
$(document).foundation() before tag is sufficient for initialization and then followed by respective jquery coding in app.js?

Example from above:

$(document).ready(function() //this line is no longer needed in app.js?
{
...jquery code here...
}
);

You commented on Logan Shire's post about 5 years

what do you mean? it does come with app.css, it is the basic setup for any foundation projects.

did you create a new project?

You commented on Ryan 's post about 5 years

my understanding is that you are using "h1" and foundation has presets for it.
please read this link on how to make changes to your h1 type: http://foundation.zurb.com/docs/components/typography.html

you can customise your h1 - with line-height/font-size. play around with it

You commented on Charlie Hinojosa's post about 5 years

same here, no issues with your website. check your console when you are running. possible some processes failed or dropped out upon running, or not cached. This can happen whenever a rollout happens. Refresh and rerun your browser.

You commented on Chris's post about 5 years

"div" basically is a block object itself. go to inspect element of chrome/ firebug for firefox and hover over the html code and you will see that all elements will be highlighted in rectangles - aka blocks.

do when you remove div from your html code, it collapses.

you can find out more on CSS-TRICKS: http://css-tricks.com/search-results/?q=div+blocks

Foundation has presets for columns. basically 12 columns in total. this is common understanding among all front-end developers. please read under the section of "Docs" for more understanding.

You commented on Donovan Ng's post over 5 years

Actually I have already installed meteorite which is a package for foundation. What I would like to understand is how Foundation can now be incorporated into Meteor? Such as SASS coding for any web apps.

You commented on Donovan Ng's post over 5 years

I don't think you understood the issue I am facing currently. Let me re-explain with a picture.

Scenario: The password is stored inside mysql. I would like to have the password-field checking with mysql database. Is it possible with data-abide feature?

As the picture shows, it keeps throwing an error even when I typed in the correct password. Does this mean 'data-abide' does not respond with database at all? I am not clear on this part.

Could anyone guide me? thanks.

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content