Menu icon Foundation

Designer

My Posts

• NEW
  • Error: don't appear to be in Foundation folder

By Tonybyte

F5 SASS

Running SASS. Went into an old project, looks like V 5.5.3, and ran foundation watch in the command prompt. I get "You don't appear to be in a Foundation project folder". I see my bower_components folder with the bower and package files. My app.js, app.s... (continued)

Replies
  • F6.3 centered top bar?

By Tonybyte

top-barF6foundation 6

How do you center the top bar links in Foundation 6? I can only find info for Foundation 5 and asked before about 6 but haven't received a response. Anyone know how to do this please? :)   Foundation 5 is something like: nav.top-bar { text-align:... (continued)

Last Reply by Tonybyte 8 months ago

Replies
  • F6 doc menu example not working

By Tonybyte

F6Responsivemenu

This code is from the doc. If I'm not mistaken, it should be a drilldown menu on mobile and a dropdown on medium and larger. I get a drilldown menu at every size and it appears that way on the documentation page as well.   <ul class="vertical me... (continued)

Last Reply by Tonybyte over 1 year ago

Replies
  • Foundation 6 filenames too long

By Tonybyte

filenames

I upgraded to Foundation 6 sites (SASS). If I sync folders, move anything, or try to delete folders, I keep getting Windows 7 problems of "filenames are too long" in the "node_modules" folder. I've rarely had this issue in the past with anything. To d... (continued)

Last Reply by Tonybyte 9 months ago

Replies
  • Empty _settings.scss

By Tonybyte

Foundation 5bowerscss

Is the _settings.scss in the scss folder supposed to be empty on a new install now? I can easily copy from https://github.com/zurb/bower-foundation/blob/master/scss/foundation/_settings.scss or from the bower_components folder I'm just curious since... (continued)

Last Reply by Tonybyte almost 3 years ago

My Comments

Tonybyte commented on Tonybyte's post 5 months

Thanks Robert. Unfortunately, I still haven't resolved this.

Tonybyte commented on Tonybyte's post 5 months

Thanks Robert but what exactly do I type? bower update -g ? That updated packages but didnt resolve this for me. :(

bower version is 1.8.0
npm version 3.3.12

Tonybyte commented on Tonybyte's post 8 months

Wow, thanks so much. I was looking for something like that in the top-bar section, oops. :)

6.3 is amazing and I'm loving the building blocks even though I don't use Panini. Also, all of the YouTube videos have been extremely helpful and fun. So, just squeezing in a huge thank you to you and your team for all that you do!

Tonybyte commented on Tonybyte's post 9 months

Just got another notice for here. No, long path tool is a company full of spammers who go to forums with fake accounts and recommend it. Dishonest, annoying practices like this make me avoid such a company. 
7-zip worked awesome but I can't get it to do this for me anymore.
rimraf looks like a great free solution. This is what I will try the next time.
I thought I updated NODEJS before and still have the problem.

Thanks for the great replies. To the spammers: **** off. I'd like to leave this helpful thread here. We get it. You want us to buy Long Path Tool.

Tonybyte commented on Tonybyte's post 11 months

Yes. Yes. Sorry about that. A new install is working fine for me now. The bower.json says 6.3

I'm understanding you guys now. I can take this 6.3 new install and make comparisons to edit any 6.3 updates I have made to make them complete. :) The ~6.3 bower.json file edit was the trick for updating! Thanks to both of you!

Tonybyte commented on Tonybyte's post 11 months

Yes, I believe another user deleted their post I responded on. I appreciate your attempt to help.

Yes, I meant Update. Thanks, i will try this!
Also, I am starting 2 new projects. I can start from scratch with a 6.3 install instead of an update? How do I do that?

Tonybyte commented on jeiel's post 11 months

Was this released? How can I upgrade? I see your YouTube videos celebrating, people asking questions about components they are using, etc. However the CLI doesn't upgrade for me and others are asking how to upgrade as well. I can't find answers.
It looks fantastic. What's the current upgrade procedure? Thanks.

Tonybyte commented on jinch's post 11 months

Reading GitHub. Oh, it's a beta and I would have to make that big list of #49 edits? hmmmm. Those features look amazing. It sucks to be starting 2 new sites at this time but i may wait for the official release and the CLI to work.

Tonybyte commented on jinch's post 11 months

Hello all. Is this still the smoothest way that you know to upgrade? My "Foundation Update" isn't working either. bower.json says 6.2.4. Trying to upgrade gives, "Nothing to Update. You are good to go!" I've been confused without time to dig deeper for days and just found this informative thread.

Tonybyte commented on icekomo 's post 11 months

Hi. I am having a hard time getting this done with F6. I keep finding F5 here with top-bar-section or more complicated ways of doing this. How do you easily do this with the docs example top-bar of F6:
Thanks!
<div class="top-bar">
<div class="top-bar-left">
<ul class="dropdown menu" data-dropdown-menu>
<li class="menu-text">Site Title</li>
<li>
<a href="#">One</a>
<ul class="menu vertical">
<li><a href="#">One</a></li>
<li><a href="#">Two</a></li>
<li><a href="#">Three</a></li>
</ul>
</li>
</ul>
</div>
<div class="top-bar-right">
<ul class="menu">
<li><input type="search" placeholder="Search"></li>
<li><button type="button" class="button">Search</button></li>
</ul>
</div>
</div>

Posts Followed

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Tonybyte's post 5 months

Thanks Robert. Unfortunately, I still haven't resolved this.

You commented on Tonybyte's post 5 months

Thanks Robert but what exactly do I type? bower update -g ? That updated packages but didnt resolve this for me. :(

bower version is 1.8.0
npm version 3.3.12

You commented on Tonybyte's post 8 months

Wow, thanks so much. I was looking for something like that in the top-bar section, oops. :)

6.3 is amazing and I'm loving the building blocks even though I don't use Panini. Also, all of the YouTube videos have been extremely helpful and fun. So, just squeezing in a huge thank you to you and your team for all that you do!

You commented on Tonybyte's post 9 months

Just got another notice for here. No, long path tool is a company full of spammers who go to forums with fake accounts and recommend it. Dishonest, annoying practices like this make me avoid such a company. 
7-zip worked awesome but I can't get it to do this for me anymore.
rimraf looks like a great free solution. This is what I will try the next time.
I thought I updated NODEJS before and still have the problem.

Thanks for the great replies. To the spammers: **** off. I'd like to leave this helpful thread here. We get it. You want us to buy Long Path Tool.

You commented on Tonybyte's post 11 months

Yes. Yes. Sorry about that. A new install is working fine for me now. The bower.json says 6.3

I'm understanding you guys now. I can take this 6.3 new install and make comparisons to edit any 6.3 updates I have made to make them complete. :) The ~6.3 bower.json file edit was the trick for updating! Thanks to both of you!

You commented on Tonybyte's post 11 months

Yes, I believe another user deleted their post I responded on. I appreciate your attempt to help.

Yes, I meant Update. Thanks, i will try this!
Also, I am starting 2 new projects. I can start from scratch with a 6.3 install instead of an update? How do I do that?

You commented on jeiel's post 11 months

Was this released? How can I upgrade? I see your YouTube videos celebrating, people asking questions about components they are using, etc. However the CLI doesn't upgrade for me and others are asking how to upgrade as well. I can't find answers.
It looks fantastic. What's the current upgrade procedure? Thanks.

You commented on jinch's post 11 months

Reading GitHub. Oh, it's a beta and I would have to make that big list of #49 edits? hmmmm. Those features look amazing. It sucks to be starting 2 new sites at this time but i may wait for the official release and the CLI to work.

You commented on jinch's post 11 months

Hello all. Is this still the smoothest way that you know to upgrade? My "Foundation Update" isn't working either. bower.json says 6.2.4. Trying to upgrade gives, "Nothing to Update. You are good to go!" I've been confused without time to dig deeper for days and just found this informative thread.

You commented on icekomo 's post 11 months

Hi. I am having a hard time getting this done with F6. I keep finding F5 here with top-bar-section or more complicated ways of doing this. How do you easily do this with the docs example top-bar of F6:
Thanks!
<div class="top-bar">
<div class="top-bar-left">
<ul class="dropdown menu" data-dropdown-menu>
<li class="menu-text">Site Title</li>
<li>
<a href="#">One</a>
<ul class="menu vertical">
<li><a href="#">One</a></li>
</ul>