Menu icon Foundation

Designer | Waltham, MA

designer, developer, dad.

My Posts

My Comments

Stuart McCoy commented on Eric Tirado's post over 3 years

This a thousand times yes. I have a workflow whereby I organize ~/sites by client and within each client I have a project folder because I might do 10-15 emails for a single client or I might have 3 or 4 web sites for another client. If any of these sites require a CMS, I run my preferred two above root so I need to setup the folder something like this, "~/sites/acme_widgets/roadrunner_trap_x5000/dev/". Within the dev folder I have a /cms folder and a /html folder which mirrors the live server's structure somewhat. I can modify my workflow some and let Yeti Launch install into my /dev folder but I'd need to cahnge the project folder each time I start a new project. I'm back to Codekit and MAMP Pro (which I'd still need anyway to develop CMS based sites) for the time being but I'll take a look at Yeti Launch every now and then to see if this issue is resolved.

Posts Followed

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Eric Tirado's post over 3 years

This a thousand times yes. I have a workflow whereby I organize ~/sites by client and within each client I have a project folder because I might do 10-15 emails for a single client or I might have 3 or 4 web sites for another client. If any of these sites require a CMS, I run my preferred two above root so I need to setup the folder something like this, "~/sites/acme_widgets/roadrunner_trap_x5000/dev/". Within the dev folder I have a /cms folder and a /html folder which mirrors the live server's structure somewhat. I can modify my workflow some and let Yeti Launch install into my /dev folder but I'd need to cahnge the project folder each time I start a new project. I'm back to Codekit and MAMP Pro (which I'd still need anyway to develop CMS based sites) for the time being but I'll take a look at Yeti Launch every now and then to see if this issue is resolved.

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content