Menu icon Foundation

Coder

markham.will@gmail.com

My Posts

My Comments

Will commented on Will's post about 3 years

I have solved this problem, for a certain definition of solved.
Basically, I gave in and perfored a Windows 10 refresh - fresh install of Windows with my files saved.

I have reinstalled node, git and foundation and now everything works like it should.

It seems that I had messed up something within my Windows installation that was having a knock-on effect.

Thanks to all who contributed to this thread with suggestions.

Matthew, thanks for suggesting that. Unfortunately I have already installed gulp globally and still have the same problem.

For reference, I have also started a github issue @ https://github.com/zurb/foundation-sites/issues/8573

@Arkarys No worries mate, thanks for trying.
I've set up a quick linux installation on hyper-v, foundation is working flawlessly on there. It's not ideal for development though.

Oddly enough when I edit the gulpfile, removing server from the default task, the watch task appears to be running fine. So it would seem that browser-sync is to blame at this point.

I'm going to repost this issue on the github

Quick update,
I believe the problem is not with browser-sync, as the 'server' process in gulp starts and finishes without errors.
The process that errors is 'watch', and by extension 'default' does not finish.

Ok, Still not working...

I've completely wiped node, npm, git, ruby from my system. Purged the registry of any values I could find relating to them. I have reinstalled the latest versions of node and git. I have updated to the latest version of npm.
As far as I can tell, this should be a completely fresh install completely free from any previous installations or dependancies.
@Arkarys, thanks for your continued suggestions. However, I have never had Foundation 5 on my system. Foundation 6 is my first foray into frameworks.

I have tried an alternative route, cloning from git and then running 'npm install' and 'bower install'. Starting the process with 'npm start'.
This gives exactly the same end result as using fodation-cli.

Working on the assumption that browser-sync might be the problem, I checked for Windows-Related browser-sync problems. Apparently, according to https://www.browsersync.io/docs/#installation, Windows users might wish to install the latest Visual Studio. I have also done this. No difference.

I have copied the verbose error log to pastebin. I'll be honest, I don't know enough to work out how to fix these errors.

As before, any suggestions, or indeed solutions, would be greatly appreciated!

@Arkarys, thanks for the suggestions.
I've reinstalled node and git (belt and braces). On uninstalling I made sure to wipe all traces from the computer.
I've updated npm, cleaned the cache. I've made sure gulp is the latest version, and installed globally.
Unfortunately, it has made no difference. I am in exactly the same position as I was before.

Will commented on G W's post about 3 years

@Rafi, not wishing to hijack Curtis' thread but one issue some windows users (i.e me) are experiencing is detailed in my thread on the forum.

http://foundation.zurb.com/forum/posts/39391-foundation-watch-fails-windows

I would really appreciate any input you might have.

I've seen a fair bit about node, npm and nested node_modules written around. As far as I can work out, this shouldn't be an issue.

I've run 'npm dedupe', no difference made. So I think we can probably rule out nested folders as a cause of this problem.
I've also run 'bower update', just to make sure.

I'm still making no headway with this problem.

Hi Arkarys,
Thanks for replying.
In hindsight, the second screenshot is slightly misleading. I couldn't fit the whole output into the screenshot, so that second image shows the output after 'foundation watch' is run.
As I understand it, 'foundation watch' effectively runs 'npm start', which in turn runs 'gulp'.
Here is the output from running 'npm start':

And the output from running 'gulp':

I am running fresh installs of the latest versions of both node (5.10.1) and npm (3.8.3).
 e

Ah, at least I'm not on my own with this issue then!

I still can't work out what might be causing this, although I can't claim to be an expert on node, gulp etc.
I'm going to try a linux virtual machine, see if I can get this working...

Posts Followed

Replies
  • Yeti Launch for Windows

By G W

yetiwindows

I've been using Foundation 5 for a while now but I've been waiting for Yeti Launch for Windows before using version 6. I've previously tried installing the Sass version on 5 with no success. Is there an expected release date for the new windows instal... (continued)

Last Reply by vondes vondes 9 months ago

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Will's post about 3 years

I have solved this problem, for a certain definition of solved.
Basically, I gave in and perfored a Windows 10 refresh - fresh install of Windows with my files saved.

I have reinstalled node, git and foundation and now everything works like it should.

It seems that I had messed up something within my Windows installation that was having a knock-on effect.

Thanks to all who contributed to this thread with suggestions.

Matthew, thanks for suggesting that. Unfortunately I have already installed gulp globally and still have the same problem.

For reference, I have also started a github issue @ https://github.com/zurb/foundation-sites/issues/8573

@Arkarys No worries mate, thanks for trying.
I've set up a quick linux installation on hyper-v, foundation is working flawlessly on there. It's not ideal for development though.

Oddly enough when I edit the gulpfile, removing server from the default task, the watch task appears to be running fine. So it would seem that browser-sync is to blame at this point.

I'm going to repost this issue on the github

Quick update,
I believe the problem is not with browser-sync, as the 'server' process in gulp starts and finishes without errors.
The process that errors is 'watch', and by extension 'default' does not finish.

Ok, Still not working...

I've completely wiped node, npm, git, ruby from my system. Purged the registry of any values I could find relating to them. I have reinstalled the latest versions of node and git. I have updated to the latest version of npm.
As far as I can tell, this should be a completely fresh install completely free from any previous installations or dependancies.
@Arkarys, thanks for your continued suggestions. However, I have never had Foundation 5 on my system. Foundation 6 is my first foray into frameworks.

I have tried an alternative route, cloning from git and then running 'npm install' and 'bower install'. Starting the process with 'npm start'.
This gives exactly the same end result as using fodation-cli.

Working on the assumption that browser-sync might be the problem, I checked for Windows-Related browser-sync problems. Apparently, according to https://www.browsersync.io/docs/#installation, Windows users might wish to install the latest Visual Studio. I have also done this. No difference.

I have copied the verbose error log to pastebin. I'll be honest, I don't know enough to work out how to fix these errors.

As before, any suggestions, or indeed solutions, would be greatly appreciated!

@Arkarys, thanks for the suggestions.
I've reinstalled node and git (belt and braces). On uninstalling I made sure to wipe all traces from the computer.
I've updated npm, cleaned the cache. I've made sure gulp is the latest version, and installed globally.
Unfortunately, it has made no difference. I am in exactly the same position as I was before.

You commented on G W's post about 3 years

@Rafi, not wishing to hijack Curtis' thread but one issue some windows users (i.e me) are experiencing is detailed in my thread on the forum.

http://foundation.zurb.com/forum/posts/39391-foundation-watch-fails-windows

I would really appreciate any input you might have.

I've seen a fair bit about node, npm and nested node_modules written around. As far as I can work out, this shouldn't be an issue.

I've run 'npm dedupe', no difference made. So I think we can probably rule out nested folders as a cause of this problem.
I've also run 'bower update', just to make sure.

I'm still making no headway with this problem.

Hi Arkarys,
Thanks for replying.
In hindsight, the second screenshot is slightly misleading. I couldn't fit the whole output into the screenshot, so that second image shows the output after 'foundation watch' is run.
As I understand it, 'foundation watch' effectively runs 'npm start', which in turn runs 'gulp'.
Here is the output from running 'npm start':

And the output from running 'gulp':

I am running fresh installs of the latest versions of both node (5.10.1) and npm (3.8.3).
 e

Ah, at least I'm not on my own with this issue then!

I still can't work out what might be causing this, although I can't claim to be an expert on node, gulp etc.
I'm going to try a linux virtual machine, see if I can get this working...

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content