Menu icon Foundation

My Posts

Replies
  • Foundation 6.4.1 - Add JS files

By Martin

js6.4.1

Hi all,  Ive installed a clean version of 6.4.1 through the CLI. On previous versions I would add a js file into the js folder and it would be compiled into app.js file, just as the foundation docs outline.   I'm unfamiliar with webpack, but ... (continued)

Last Reply by Adam009 21 days ago

• Move / Transfer CLI Project

By Martin

move transfer

Hi, I'm looking to handover a foundation 6 project built with the CLI / Zurb Template. I cant simply zip up the project folder, as there are issues with the file names being too long. Is there an ideal workflow for moving / transferring projects? Is i... (continued)

Last Reply by Dominik Pieper 10 months ago

Replies
  • Dist Assets Folder

By Martin

config.ymlassetsgulp

Hi,    I have a font awesome as a bower component that I would like to include in the build of the dist directory. In the config.yml file I have set the path of the asset, but it will only include the folder name and not the contents.  ... (continued)

Last Reply by Martin over 1 year ago

My Comments

Martin commented on Martin's post 5 months

Im afraid I dont know.
I discovered that when I added a reference to JQuery within the html template that it solved the error. Just like you I assumed JQuery was included in foundation.js.
Can anyone else answer if JQuery is loaded in through webpack and how to check? 

M

Martin commented on Martin's post 5 months

I think this has something to do with JQuery not being loaded. 

Martin commented on Martin's post 10 months

Hi Rafi,
I use GitKraken for init my repository and getting file into BitBucket.
Understandably the .gitignore file restricts the upload of the node_modules, and bower_components folders.

How do you recommend that another use rebuild the same project, without those folders?

Martin commented on Martin's post about 1 year

Hi Joshua, 

I'm using the Foundation 6.2.4 with Zurb Template CLI.
I'm using Chrome Version 54.0.2840.99 m (64-bit).
I've installed it through NPM and referenced the js file in the config.yml.

Thanks for replying.

Martin

Martin commented on Martin's post over 1 year

Hi Rafi, 
Im not quite following you on the "Because it's a Bower package, you wouldn't need to add it to src and you can manage updates easier from there.".

Scenario is that the font awesome bower package is updated. I then update the package.
I now have to go into that bower_components folder and copy and paste the fonts folder and files into my assets folder.
Can i not just copy a folder from bower_components into the assets folder?

Thanks

Martin commented on Martin's post over 1 year

Hi Rafi, 
Thanks for getting back and adding the link.

Following on from the lesson, is there a reason why you would have to manually create the scss file and paste the styles from the bower_components? How does this workflow work when the core scss file is changed on an update? Would i have to go back and paste the styles again?

Ideally, back to my fontawesome issue. I dont want to have to create a fonts folder and files in the src dir manually. I would like for for gulp to get get that folder and put it in my assets folder for me, as it does for js and scss files.

Thanks

Posts Followed

• NEW
  • F6 Compass replacements?

By Tom Belknap

compass

I'm fully onboard with Foundation 6 and really loving what it has to offer (well, minus this irritating bug). But it seems like, in abandoning Compass, Foundation has lost a lot of it's helpful mixins that made life easier writing SASS. I don't need a co... (continued)

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Martin's post 5 months

Im afraid I dont know.
I discovered that when I added a reference to JQuery within the html template that it solved the error. Just like you I assumed JQuery was included in foundation.js.
Can anyone else answer if JQuery is loaded in through webpack and how to check? 

M

You commented on Martin's post 5 months

I think this has something to do with JQuery not being loaded. 

You commented on Martin's post 10 months

Hi Rafi,
I use GitKraken for init my repository and getting file into BitBucket.
Understandably the .gitignore file restricts the upload of the node_modules, and bower_components folders.

How do you recommend that another use rebuild the same project, without those folders?

You commented on Martin's post about 1 year

Hi Joshua, 

I'm using the Foundation 6.2.4 with Zurb Template CLI.
I'm using Chrome Version 54.0.2840.99 m (64-bit).
I've installed it through NPM and referenced the js file in the config.yml.

Thanks for replying.

Martin

You commented on Martin's post over 1 year

Hi Rafi, 
Im not quite following you on the "Because it's a Bower package, you wouldn't need to add it to src and you can manage updates easier from there.".

Scenario is that the font awesome bower package is updated. I then update the package.
I now have to go into that bower_components folder and copy and paste the fonts folder and files into my assets folder.
Can i not just copy a folder from bower_components into the assets folder?

Thanks

You commented on Martin's post over 1 year

Hi Rafi, 
Thanks for getting back and adding the link.

Following on from the lesson, is there a reason why you would have to manually create the scss file and paste the styles from the bower_components? How does this workflow work when the core scss file is changed on an update? Would i have to go back and paste the styles again?

Ideally, back to my fontawesome issue. I dont want to have to create a fonts folder and files in the src dir manually. I would like for for gulp to get get that folder and put it in my assets folder for me, as it does for js and scss files.

Thanks

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers