Menu icon Foundation

My Posts

• NEW
  • 6.4.x - Sticky Problem

By Peter Bourne

Hi, Not sure the sticky functionality is workig in the latest versions... 6.4.0 or 6.4.1 My code, that was working, is: <div id="stickynavanchor"> <div data-sticky-container> <div class="full-width menu-bg sticky" data-stic... (continued)

My Comments

Peter Bourne commented on Peter Bourne's post 9 months

Problem still exists in 6.3 (different site I'm working on - but same issue).
Same workaround works though.

Peter Bourne commented on Peter Bourne's post 9 months

Steve,
Agreed (on the workaround vs fix)... and here's hoping to the fix in 6.3....
Thanks,
Peter

Peter Bourne commented on Peter Bourne's post 10 months

Steve,
You've got it! Thank you. Or at least you've got a working solution.
You're right more investigation is needed - I've used a similar construction on other sites without issue - I went to check once this issue was highlighted to me.... worried that other recent sites were affected too. They weren't. Which points to difference in code - positioning of elements (absolute|relative etc)... but the actual menu is pretty much identical on other sites... it may just be sitting in a different type of container/page construction.

Anyway - adding
data-close-on-click-inside="false"
to the ul with that contains the menu, thus:
<ul class="menu dropdown" id="top-menu" data-dropdown-menu data-close-on-click-inside="false">
fixed it!

Many thanks,

Peter

Peter Bourne commented on Peter Bourne's post 11 months

Thanks again Rafi....
$('#admin-tabs').on('change.zf.tabs', function() {
Foundation.reInit('slider');
});
Sorted it for me!

Peter Bourne commented on Peter Bourne's post 11 months

Thanks Rafi,
Attached is a screenshot of what it looks like (desktop) - you're right on mobile its going to be a bit weird - tabs need to be resized - but still will collapse on top of it each other... However, actually - these tabs are only for site administrators who are going to be a small band of desktop-based users. These are not customer-facing screens. But I take your point... and will look at improving it for mobile!
I'll give the re-initialisation on tab change approach a go...
Let you know how I get on....
Thanks,
Peter

Peter Bourne commented on Peter Bourne's post over 1 year

Many thanks for the comment. Was hoping to avoid so much overriding with the SASS way of working.

Not to worry.

Many thanks,

Peter

Great thanks - shame there's no mixin or variable I can add the gradient too though.. was hoping to get away from so much overriding with the sass version of Foundation!
Thanks for reply.

I took the plunge with SASS - and won't look back.
Shame no one form the Foundation team has commented on this though....

Follow-up: The issue with Drop Down menu items not being clickable is also apparent in this version of the CSS.

But when I link to the CDN version - all is well and my dropdown works. I don't think the CSS downloads have been updated fully.... but I'm not sure i want to take the plunge into Gulp-based builds on this project!

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Peter Bourne's post 9 months

Problem still exists in 6.3 (different site I'm working on - but same issue).
Same workaround works though.

You commented on Peter Bourne's post 9 months

Steve,
Agreed (on the workaround vs fix)... and here's hoping to the fix in 6.3....
Thanks,
Peter

You commented on Peter Bourne's post 10 months

Steve,
You've got it! Thank you. Or at least you've got a working solution.
You're right more investigation is needed - I've used a similar construction on other sites without issue - I went to check once this issue was highlighted to me.... worried that other recent sites were affected too. They weren't. Which points to difference in code - positioning of elements (absolute|relative etc)... but the actual menu is pretty much identical on other sites... it may just be sitting in a different type of container/page construction.

Anyway - adding
data-close-on-click-inside="false"
to the ul with that contains the menu, thus:
<ul class="menu dropdown" id="top-menu" data-dropdown-menu data-close-on-click-inside="false">
fixed it!

Many thanks,

Peter

You commented on Peter Bourne's post 11 months

Thanks again Rafi....
$('#admin-tabs').on('change.zf.tabs', function() {
Foundation.reInit('slider');
});
Sorted it for me!

You commented on Peter Bourne's post 11 months

Thanks Rafi,
Attached is a screenshot of what it looks like (desktop) - you're right on mobile its going to be a bit weird - tabs need to be resized - but still will collapse on top of it each other... However, actually - these tabs are only for site administrators who are going to be a small band of desktop-based users. These are not customer-facing screens. But I take your point... and will look at improving it for mobile!
I'll give the re-initialisation on tab change approach a go...
Let you know how I get on....
Thanks,
Peter

You commented on Peter Bourne's post over 1 year

Many thanks for the comment. Was hoping to avoid so much overriding with the SASS way of working.

Not to worry.

Many thanks,

Peter

Great thanks - shame there's no mixin or variable I can add the gradient too though.. was hoping to get away from so much overriding with the sass version of Foundation!
Thanks for reply.

I took the plunge with SASS - and won't look back.
Shame no one form the Foundation team has commented on this though....

Follow-up: The issue with Drop Down menu items not being clickable is also apparent in this version of the CSS.

But when I link to the CDN version - all is well and my dropdown works. I don't think the CSS downloads have been updated fully.... but I'm not sure i want to take the plunge into Gulp-based builds on this project!

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content