Menu icon Foundation

My Posts

Replies
  • Automate emails from a template

By Niall

automate

I've got a number of emails that I want to put different data into. At the moment, I'm generating the email with placeholder text and then replacing them with my node app before I send them. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for how I should go ab... (continued)

Last Reply by Niall over 2 years ago

My Comments

Niall commented on Niall's post over 2 years

Hi Corey,
I'm using a json file.
I managed to get where I want by followings the build process in the gulpfile.babel.js.
Then I worked out there was an easier way by prefixing my handlebars stuff with \ before I did the build. So now I can just use the normal method for creating the email, then run the output through handlebars with my data.
Thanks for the reply though,
niall

Niall commented on Jim Jam's post over 3 years

I'm struggling a bit with the best practise for adding images as well.
I noticed that it does copy the images to the /dist folder if you run
npm run build
instead of 
foundation watch
However the images are obviously not going to be accessible in an email.
Is the recommendation to replace the image links with cid:image.png and include the files?
Or is it best to replace the links and host the images on an external web server?
A recommendation would be good, also is there an option for the foundation tools to replace the image links automatically with external references or cid?
thanks,

Posts Followed

Replies
  • Image path explanation needed

By Jim Jam

images

First of all, congratulations to the Zurb team. You are really helping to make an obscure and occasionally painful task more sane. I am using the new Zurb Foundation for Emails. Installed and running fine. In the '/src' folder there is '/assets/img'. If... (continued)

Last Reply by Jim Jam over 3 years ago

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Niall's post over 2 years

Hi Corey,
I'm using a json file.
I managed to get where I want by followings the build process in the gulpfile.babel.js.
Then I worked out there was an easier way by prefixing my handlebars stuff with \ before I did the build. So now I can just use the normal method for creating the email, then run the output through handlebars with my data.
Thanks for the reply though,
niall

You commented on Jim Jam's post over 3 years

I'm struggling a bit with the best practise for adding images as well.
I noticed that it does copy the images to the /dist folder if you run
npm run build
instead of 
foundation watch
However the images are obviously not going to be accessible in an email.
Is the recommendation to replace the image links with cid:image.png and include the files?
Or is it best to replace the links and host the images on an external web server?
A recommendation would be good, also is there an option for the foundation tools to replace the image links automatically with external references or cid?
thanks,

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content