Menu icon Foundation

Designer | San Antonio, Texas

My Posts

• Typey Integration Issue

By Frank Wronson

F6sites6.3

When looking at the new vertical rhythm (_vertical-rhythm.scss) update I was happy to see the recommendation to use Typey, however when I went to include and use it I got the following error repeating over and over WARNING: strip-unit() is depreciated. P... (continued)

Last Reply by Frank Wronson over 2 years ago

My Comments

Frank Wronson commented on Jay Thatcher's post over 2 years

You will need to create the same class in your files to overwrite the 'color' property for .button.accent. The button mixin uses the check contrast function and returns a color that passes accessibility guidelines. In your case #768591 with #ffffff does have meet the needed contrast ratio so #0a0a0a is served up instead.
You can use this link http://webaim.org/resources/contrastchecker/ to check contrast ratios ahead of time.

Frank Wronson commented on Frank Wronson's post over 2 years

I moved the import before @import 'util/util' and it seems to work now.

Frank Wronson commented on Frank Wronson's post over 3 years

Hi Rafi,

Thanks for your help. The more I thought about it the more I realized I was just trying to force foundation to fit the structure that I wanted instead of sticking with what they had already developed. 
I was trying to rework the _settings file to only hold global variables and global maps (like font-size or color etc..) that could be reused throughout my project. I then wanted to move the existing foundation variables (and any custom variables) to the top of the related component files. 
In the past I've tried to use the INUITCSS structure (Settings, Tools, Objects etc...) to organize my files so foundations set-up was a slight change. And, to be honest that wall of variables just felt excessive all on one page :). 

Posts Followed

Replies
  • Modularize Settings?

By Frank Wronson

Foundation 6.2

I'd like to split the setting variables up so I can have a few global settings in the "_settings.scss" file but put the more the specific settings such as "$header-font-family" to the top of my of the appropriate file, such as "_base.headings.scss" f... (continued)

Last Reply by Frank Wronson over 3 years ago

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Jay Thatcher's post over 2 years

You will need to create the same class in your files to overwrite the 'color' property for .button.accent. The button mixin uses the check contrast function and returns a color that passes accessibility guidelines. In your case #768591 with #ffffff does have meet the needed contrast ratio so #0a0a0a is served up instead.
You can use this link http://webaim.org/resources/contrastchecker/ to check contrast ratios ahead of time.

You commented on Frank Wronson's post over 2 years

I moved the import before @import 'util/util' and it seems to work now.

You commented on Frank Wronson's post over 3 years

Hi Rafi,

Thanks for your help. The more I thought about it the more I realized I was just trying to force foundation to fit the structure that I wanted instead of sticking with what they had already developed. 
I was trying to rework the _settings file to only hold global variables and global maps (like font-size or color etc..) that could be reused throughout my project. I then wanted to move the existing foundation variables (and any custom variables) to the top of the related component files. 
In the past I've tried to use the INUITCSS structure (Settings, Tools, Objects etc...) to organize my files so foundations set-up was a slight change. And, to be honest that wall of variables just felt excessive all on one page :). 

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers