Menu icon Foundation

My Posts

No Content

My Comments

Ryan Hamlyn commented on Rafi Benkual's post about 3 years

Version 6.2 fixed a lot of issues that I was having, primarily with Android Chrome. But, I'm still running into the following:

1. Use of other JavaScript plugins within a Reveal modal generally does not work, I believe due to initialization happening while display: none. Specifically I have tried both Equalizer and Sticky with no luck. Sticky also has the additional problem of never sticking due to scrolling being faked via changing the top position of the element (in other words, window.pageYOffset never changes when scrolling a reveal modal, so _setSticky is never invoked).

2. I'm also having Reveal modal scrolling issues on iPad (Safari). Touching and dragging the content scrolls the main page, not the modal. Touching and dragging the overlay scrolls the modal, but then the modal closes when the touch is released. A partial work-around might be to use data-close-on-click=false, but that's not a long-term solution. Setting the modal to full might also work (since the same issue does not occur on iPhone, which does that by default), but is not really desirable from an aesthetic point of view.

Ryan Hamlyn commented on Rafi Benkual's post about 3 years

6.2 fixed a bunch of issues with Reveal for me (specifically on Android Chrome), but I'm also running into some new ones! Here are the top 2 issues I'm having with Reveal modal:

1. Scrolling on iPad (Safari) is broken. Scrolls the page instead of the modal. Can work-around by grabbing the overlay instead of the modal content, but then the modal exits as soon as the touch is released. I guess you could work-around by setting data-close-on-click=false, but that's not really viable as a long-term solution.

2. Anything that requires initialization (basically most other JS plugins) does not work with Reveal due to the display: none property being active when initialization happens. Specifically I have tried to use Equalizer and Sticky with no luck. Sticky also suffers from the issue of never sticking since the modal position is used to fake scrolling -- or in other words, window.pageYOffset never changes.

Thanks!

Posts Followed

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

No Content

My Comments

You commented on Rafi Benkual's post about 3 years

Version 6.2 fixed a lot of issues that I was having, primarily with Android Chrome. But, I'm still running into the following:

1. Use of other JavaScript plugins within a Reveal modal generally does not work, I believe due to initialization happening while display: none. Specifically I have tried both Equalizer and Sticky with no luck. Sticky also has the additional problem of never sticking due to scrolling being faked via changing the top position of the element (in other words, window.pageYOffset never changes when scrolling a reveal modal, so _setSticky is never invoked).

2. I'm also having Reveal modal scrolling issues on iPad (Safari). Touching and dragging the content scrolls the main page, not the modal. Touching and dragging the overlay scrolls the modal, but then the modal closes when the touch is released. A partial work-around might be to use data-close-on-click=false, but that's not a long-term solution. Setting the modal to full might also work (since the same issue does not occur on iPhone, which does that by default), but is not really desirable from an aesthetic point of view.

You commented on Rafi Benkual's post about 3 years

6.2 fixed a bunch of issues with Reveal for me (specifically on Android Chrome), but I'm also running into some new ones! Here are the top 2 issues I'm having with Reveal modal:

1. Scrolling on iPad (Safari) is broken. Scrolls the page instead of the modal. Can work-around by grabbing the overlay instead of the modal content, but then the modal exits as soon as the touch is released. I guess you could work-around by setting data-close-on-click=false, but that's not really viable as a long-term solution.

2. Anything that requires initialization (basically most other JS plugins) does not work with Reveal due to the display: none property being active when initialization happens. Specifically I have tried to use Equalizer and Sticky with no luck. Sticky also suffers from the issue of never sticking since the modal position is used to fake scrolling -- or in other words, window.pageYOffset never changes.

Thanks!

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content