Menu icon Foundation

My Posts

• NEW
  • IE 11 and Off-Canvas

By andrew

off-canvasie 11F6

Hey All. So I went live with a site refresh this morning and it works perfectly (from what I've seen) on all browsers that I've tested sans IE 11. Even on IE 11, it works almost perfectly. The only issue that I have is when the browser window is pulled in... (continued)

• Parallax Header

By andrew

foundation 6parallax headerscss

Hello All. I was wondering if there is any way to create a parallax header that will still be responsive within the foundation 6 framework. I am not looking for a scrolling effect rather a layered div(s) that move horizontally with mouse movement. I'm ... (continued)

Last Reply by Rafi Benkual almost 4 years ago

My Comments

andrew commented on andrew's post almost 4 years

Also, I apologize but I just realized that the variables I was trying to change weren't $topbar-padding and $topbar-background as they changed with no issue. It was actually the off-canvas variables that won't change.

Tried both suggestions and no change unfortunately. I used Yeti Launch to create the project and my imports look just like yours.

npm i returned a value of:

[email protected] requires a peer of [email protected]1.4.6 but none was installed.

Hey Rafi–thanks for responding!

I was actually trying to change $topbar-padding and $topbar-background though I tried changing a few other variables just to see what would happen. Some responded to change and some didn't. I have been working with the _settings file in the folder that you mentioned. I can remove the borders but only by disabling the outlines with CSS. Not too sure why the variables aren't working. It's quite curious.

Regarding your second suggestion, it would seem that all is well in my gulp file yet the what-input JS won't load. Actually, it doesn't seem like any of the JS files referenced in gulp are loading, at least that's what it looks like. I tried commenting out the whole lot of them and then reloaded the page and nothing changed, which would imply that they are not loading to begin with. Though I could be wrong.

I have no idea what's going on. I'm going to try to create another site with Yeti and see if it experiences the same issues. I've included the output from the npm-debug log as there are some errors in there and perhaps that might have something to do with it.

Anyway, I really appreciate you taking the time to help me out. Thanks, brother!

0 info it worked if it ends with ok
1 verbose cli [ '/usr/local/bin/node', '/usr/local/bin/npm', 'start' ]
2 info using [email protected]
3 info using [email protected]
4 verbose run-script [ 'prestart', 'start', 'poststart' ]
5 info lifecycle [email protected]~prestart: [email protected]
6 silly lifecycle [email protected]~prestart: no script for prestart, continuing
7 info lifecycle [email protected]~start: [email protected]
8 verbose lifecycle [email protected]~start: unsafe-perm in lifecycle true
9 verbose lifecycle [email protected]~start: PATH: /usr/local/lib/node_modules/npm/bin/node-gyp-bin:/Users/afau/Desktop/Fau_Associates/node_modules/.bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin
10 verbose lifecycle [email protected]~start: CWD: /Users/afau/Desktop/Fau_Associates
11 silly lifecycle [email protected]~start: Args: [ '-c', 'gulp' ]
12 silly lifecycle [email protected]~start: Returned: code: 1 signal: null
13 info lifecycle [email protected]~start: Failed to exec start script
14 verbose stack Error: [email protected] start: gulp
14 verbose stack Exit status 1
14 verbose stack at EventEmitter. (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/npm/lib/utils/lifecycle.js:232:16)
14 verbose stack at emitTwo (events.js:100:13)
14 verbose stack at EventEmitter.emit (events.js:185:7)
14 verbose stack at ChildProcess. (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/npm/lib/utils/spawn.js:24:14)
14 verbose stack at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:185:7)
14 verbose stack at maybeClose (internal/child_process.js:821:16)
14 verbose stack at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:211:5)
15 verbose pkgid [email protected]
16 verbose cwd /Users/afau/Desktop/Fau_Associates
17 error Darwin 15.2.0
18 error argv "/usr/local/bin/node" "/usr/local/bin/npm" "start"
19 error node v5.5.0
20 error npm v3.3.12
21 error code ELIFECYCLE
22 error [email protected] start: gulp
22 error Exit status 1
23 error Failed at the [email protected] start script 'gulp'.
23 error Make sure you have the latest version of node.js and npm installed.
23 error If you do, this is most likely a problem with the foundation-zurb-template package,
23 error not with npm itself.
23 error Tell the author that this fails on your system:
23 error gulp
23 error You can get their info via:
23 error npm owner ls foundation-zurb-template
23 error There is likely additional logging output above.
24 verbose exit [ 1, true ]

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on andrew's post almost 4 years

Also, I apologize but I just realized that the variables I was trying to change weren't $topbar-padding and $topbar-background as they changed with no issue. It was actually the off-canvas variables that won't change.

Tried both suggestions and no change unfortunately. I used Yeti Launch to create the project and my imports look just like yours.

npm i returned a value of:

[email protected] requires a peer of [email protected]1.4.6 but none was installed.

Hey Rafi–thanks for responding!

I was actually trying to change $topbar-padding and $topbar-background though I tried changing a few other variables just to see what would happen. Some responded to change and some didn't. I have been working with the _settings file in the folder that you mentioned. I can remove the borders but only by disabling the outlines with CSS. Not too sure why the variables aren't working. It's quite curious.

Regarding your second suggestion, it would seem that all is well in my gulp file yet the what-input JS won't load. Actually, it doesn't seem like any of the JS files referenced in gulp are loading, at least that's what it looks like. I tried commenting out the whole lot of them and then reloaded the page and nothing changed, which would imply that they are not loading to begin with. Though I could be wrong.

I have no idea what's going on. I'm going to try to create another site with Yeti and see if it experiences the same issues. I've included the output from the npm-debug log as there are some errors in there and perhaps that might have something to do with it.

Anyway, I really appreciate you taking the time to help me out. Thanks, brother!

0 info it worked if it ends with ok
1 verbose cli [ '/usr/local/bin/node', '/usr/local/bin/npm', 'start' ]
2 info using [email protected]
3 info using [email protected]
4 verbose run-script [ 'prestart', 'start', 'poststart' ]
5 info lifecycle [email protected]~prestart: [email protected]
6 silly lifecycle [email protected]~prestart: no script for prestart, continuing
7 info lifecycle [email protected]~start: [email protected]
8 verbose lifecycle [email protected]~start: unsafe-perm in lifecycle true
9 verbose lifecycle [email protected]~start: PATH: /usr/local/lib/node_modules/npm/bin/node-gyp-bin:/Users/afau/Desktop/Fau_Associates/node_modules/.bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin
10 verbose lifecycle [email protected]~start: CWD: /Users/afau/Desktop/Fau_Associates
11 silly lifecycle [email protected]~start: Args: [ '-c', 'gulp' ]
12 silly lifecycle [email protected]~start: Returned: code: 1 signal: null
13 info lifecycle [email protected]~start: Failed to exec start script
14 verbose stack Error: [email protected] start: gulp
14 verbose stack Exit status 1
14 verbose stack at EventEmitter. (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/npm/lib/utils/lifecycle.js:232:16)
14 verbose stack at EventEmitter.emit (events.js:185:7)
14 verbose stack at ChildProcess. (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/npm/lib/utils/spawn.js:24:14)
14 verbose stack at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:185:7)
14 verbose stack at maybeClose (internal/child_process.js:821:16)
14 verbose stack at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:211:5)
15 verbose pkgid [email protected]
16 verbose cwd /Users/afau/Desktop/Fau_Associates
17 error Darwin 15.2.0
18 error argv "/usr/local/bin/node" "/usr/local/bin/npm" "start"
19 error node v5.5.0
20 error npm v3.3.12
21 error code ELIFECYCLE
22 error [email protected] start: gulp
22 error Exit status 1
23 error Failed at the [email protected] start script 'gulp'.
23 error Make sure you have the latest version of node.js and npm installed.
23 error If you do, this is most likely a problem with the foundation-zurb-template package,
23 error not with npm itself.
23 error Tell the author that this fails on your system:
23 error gulp
23 error You can get their info via:
23 error npm owner ls foundation-zurb-template
23 error There is likely additional logging output above.
24 verbose exit [ 1, true ]

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content