Menu icon Foundation

My Posts

Replies
  • How should I create row borders?

By Pedr

gridrowborder

New to Foundation and wondering what I'm missing. If I add a border to the bottom of of a row, it extends out past the edges of the column content due to the columns' use of padding. If I add a border to the bottom of each column I end up with breaks i... (continued)

Last Reply by Rafi Benkual almost 6 years ago

My Comments

Pedr commented on Pedr's post over 5 years

Yep. That's a fair point.

I think the Foundation grid system is fine up to a point, but then something more sophisticated is needed. I also find it strange that there is no support for vertical rhythm baked in. I haven't used Foundation on anything public-facing for these two reasons, but it has been great for admin interfaces and prototyping.

But I guess you're right. If I'm going to rip out the grid and replace it with Susy, why not rip out the breakpoints and replace them with Breakpoint etc.

Pedr commented on Pedr's post almost 6 years

Hi Rafi,

The whole purpose of my question is to find a way to add a bottom border that extends to the width of the row content, not the row. Each column has left and right padding, meaning that that any border on the bottom of a row extends past the edges of the left and right-most columns by the column padding.

See my Code Pen (based on yours) here: http://codepen.io/anon/pen/raDxh

As you can see, the blue bottom border extends past the paragraph edges. I am looking for an efficient way to add a border that runs the width of the column content, now the row.

Posts Followed

Replies
  • How should I create row borders?

By Pedr

gridrowborder

New to Foundation and wondering what I'm missing. If I add a border to the bottom of of a row, it extends out past the edges of the column content due to the columns' use of padding. If I add a border to the bottom of each column I end up with breaks i... (continued)

Last Reply by Rafi Benkual almost 6 years ago

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Pedr's post over 5 years

Yep. That's a fair point.

I think the Foundation grid system is fine up to a point, but then something more sophisticated is needed. I also find it strange that there is no support for vertical rhythm baked in. I haven't used Foundation on anything public-facing for these two reasons, but it has been great for admin interfaces and prototyping.

But I guess you're right. If I'm going to rip out the grid and replace it with Susy, why not rip out the breakpoints and replace them with Breakpoint etc.

You commented on Pedr's post almost 6 years

Hi Rafi,

The whole purpose of my question is to find a way to add a bottom border that extends to the width of the row content, not the row. Each column has left and right padding, meaning that that any border on the bottom of a row extends past the edges of the left and right-most columns by the column padding.

See my Code Pen (based on yours) here: http://codepen.io/anon/pen/raDxh

As you can see, the blue bottom border extends past the paragraph edges. I am looking for an efficient way to add a border that runs the width of the column content, now the row.

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers