Menu icon Foundation

My Posts

My Comments

Julie Lewis commented on Rebecca Y's post 29 days

This is n older post, so I hope you got an answer.

I think if you want everything flush to the sides of the container, you use just grid-x and omit grid-padding-x and grid-margin-x.  

Julie Lewis commented on Julie Lewis's post almost 3 years

Yes this is deep linking.
We are using accordions extensively on our site - it's under development, so I can't send links.
We have a page that has several accordions - one is a list of taxes that must be filed electronically - one is a list of taxes that must paid electronically.   They are long lists and we need to link to them from a number of different pages.
We would like to be able to link from "Who files electronically?" on another page and have that accordion open on the page - and the same with "Who pays electronically?"

We have figured out a javascript to do this, but if F6 has a built-in function, we'd prefer to use that.

As an aside - it would be really helpful to sort the forum posts by version. Especially since the syntax for accordion seems to change significantly with every release.

Julie Lewis commented on Julie Lewis's post over 3 years

Thanks Rafi. I'm not editing _settings.scss in the bower_components folder. I made a copy of it and put it in my main directory.

My colleague started development using 6.0.0-alpha and didn't have the files in a bower_components directory, so I'm trying to manually update everything she did and merge it with the current bower setup.

So this is an error in the docs - instead of describing them as "default" and "large", it should be "small (default)" and "medium and up".

And as I don't see the rem-calc() function used directly in settings the way it used to be in F5 - I am assuming that the numbers in the settings file are somehow compiled using rem-calc somewhere else in the process. Am I correct?

Julie Lewis commented on Julie Lewis's post over 3 years

Thanks Rafi

Select "Create Post".

Then click on "Add Text" (Add Image and Add Code does the same thing).

Then you get a text window as you would expect.

And immediately below the text window on the left hand side is a DELETE button. Exactly where the "Reply" button is on this page.

If you click on that button it deletes the whole text window and everything you just wrote - no "are you sure?" or anything.

I'm sure I'm not the only person to accidentally delete their post when they thought they were hitting "Send".

Julie Lewis commented on Julian Ćwirko's post over 3 years

What I would really like is information on how to remove handlebars/panini from the equation.

I love SASS and I'd love a turnkey way to do a production deployment that automatically adds UNCSS and Uglify.js to the mix.

But I really don't see how forcing our devs to learn markdown and handlebars, then do a gulp compile, helps us do static html pages. They already know how to insert HTML into PHP templates.

I just don't get the benefit of a "static site compiler", and I'd rather not have all the extra cruft in my file structure.

Posts Followed

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Rebecca Y's post 29 days

This is n older post, so I hope you got an answer.

I think if you want everything flush to the sides of the container, you use just grid-x and omit grid-padding-x and grid-margin-x.  

You commented on Julie Lewis's post almost 3 years

Yes this is deep linking.
We are using accordions extensively on our site - it's under development, so I can't send links.
We have a page that has several accordions - one is a list of taxes that must be filed electronically - one is a list of taxes that must paid electronically.   They are long lists and we need to link to them from a number of different pages.
We would like to be able to link from "Who files electronically?" on another page and have that accordion open on the page - and the same with "Who pays electronically?"

We have figured out a javascript to do this, but if F6 has a built-in function, we'd prefer to use that.

As an aside - it would be really helpful to sort the forum posts by version. Especially since the syntax for accordion seems to change significantly with every release.

You commented on Julie Lewis's post over 3 years

Thanks Rafi. I'm not editing _settings.scss in the bower_components folder. I made a copy of it and put it in my main directory.

My colleague started development using 6.0.0-alpha and didn't have the files in a bower_components directory, so I'm trying to manually update everything she did and merge it with the current bower setup.

So this is an error in the docs - instead of describing them as "default" and "large", it should be "small (default)" and "medium and up".

And as I don't see the rem-calc() function used directly in settings the way it used to be in F5 - I am assuming that the numbers in the settings file are somehow compiled using rem-calc somewhere else in the process. Am I correct?

You commented on Julie Lewis's post over 3 years

Thanks Rafi

Select "Create Post".

Then click on "Add Text" (Add Image and Add Code does the same thing).

Then you get a text window as you would expect.

And immediately below the text window on the left hand side is a DELETE button. Exactly where the "Reply" button is on this page.

If you click on that button it deletes the whole text window and everything you just wrote - no "are you sure?" or anything.

I'm sure I'm not the only person to accidentally delete their post when they thought they were hitting "Send".

You commented on Julian Ćwirko's post over 3 years

What I would really like is information on how to remove handlebars/panini from the equation.

I love SASS and I'd love a turnkey way to do a production deployment that automatically adds UNCSS and Uglify.js to the mix.

But I really don't see how forcing our devs to learn markdown and handlebars, then do a gulp compile, helps us do static html pages. They already know how to insert HTML into PHP templates.

I just don't get the benefit of a "static site compiler", and I'd rather not have all the extra cruft in my file structure.

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content