Menu icon Foundation

My Posts

• app.scss not importing

By Patrick Turner

scss

Hi, my app.scss does not seem to want to import any of the foundation files. I use mixture so that I don't have to deal with the command line (I know, I know). I just opened my project after about a month hiatus, as I was working on other things. Sud... (continued)

Last Reply by Rafi Benkual over 4 years ago

• isosceles triangles

By Patrick Turner

css-triangle

Hi, I'm trying to create an isosceles triangle, and even though the global mixins say it makes an isosceles, it actually makes an equilateral triangle. Does anyone know how I could add the second dimension so that it has a different width and height?

Last Reply by Rafi Benkual about 5 years ago

My Comments

Patrick Turner commented on Ben de Castro's post over 3 years

Well, I've tried the manual bower install, still no luck. I guess I'm just going to give up on this.

Hi Rafi, thanks for the response. What is the 'foundation watch' command for? I'm not using gulp or npm start, I was actually using koala to compile.

Either way though, do I run the bower install within the project? I should be able to override any permissions issue with sudo, shouldn't I?

Maybe I should just buy a Mac :)

So, I'm having this same issue (just using the foundation CLI). Shouldn't the Foundation CLI compile on its own? I haven't added anything to the project, it just doesn't seem to find the 'util/util'. I can't use Yeti because I'm on Linux.

Patrick Turner commented on Patrick Turner's post almost 5 years

Thanks Jeff, I noticed this as well. My plan (when I have the time) is to just import the liquid files into a new project, and simply update the paths as you did. I feel that there should be a better way, but that's up to mixture, and not foundation.

Thanks!

Patrick Turner commented on Patrick Turner's post almost 5 years

Thank you, but currently there is no bower-foundation folder. If you have the time, can you give me a bit more info? I tried installing bower in the directory with the command line but it doesn't look as though anything happened.

*** I've just tried making a new project, and the directory structure is different than what mixture used to install. The old projects didn't have the bower_components ***

Patrick Turner commented on Patrick Turner's post over 5 years

Thank you for your replies. I followed the directions in that video already... this is why I'm confused.
Here's the run down, maybe one of you can spot something I missed.

I'm on windows 8.1, if that matters.

I installed git, ruby (1.9.3) and then NodeJS (I'm still not sure why I needed NodeJS)

I first installed compass with: gem install compass

Then I installed bower with: install -g bower grunt-cli (as is instructed on the above link)

Then: gem install foundation

I created a brand new project in an empty test folder

I used the command foundation new test-project

I even tried updating that new test project, but it didn't seem to change anything.

Patrick Turner commented on Patrick Turner's post over 5 years

When I create a new project it makes an index.html with some basic elements.
The styles and classes are not the new ones from foundation 5.

Looking at the scss it doesn't look like any of the new stuff is in there.

Posts Followed

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Ben de Castro's post over 3 years

Well, I've tried the manual bower install, still no luck. I guess I'm just going to give up on this.

Hi Rafi, thanks for the response. What is the 'foundation watch' command for? I'm not using gulp or npm start, I was actually using koala to compile.

Either way though, do I run the bower install within the project? I should be able to override any permissions issue with sudo, shouldn't I?

Maybe I should just buy a Mac :)

So, I'm having this same issue (just using the foundation CLI). Shouldn't the Foundation CLI compile on its own? I haven't added anything to the project, it just doesn't seem to find the 'util/util'. I can't use Yeti because I'm on Linux.

You commented on Patrick Turner's post almost 5 years

Thanks Jeff, I noticed this as well. My plan (when I have the time) is to just import the liquid files into a new project, and simply update the paths as you did. I feel that there should be a better way, but that's up to mixture, and not foundation.

Thanks!

You commented on Patrick Turner's post almost 5 years

Thank you, but currently there is no bower-foundation folder. If you have the time, can you give me a bit more info? I tried installing bower in the directory with the command line but it doesn't look as though anything happened.

*** I've just tried making a new project, and the directory structure is different than what mixture used to install. The old projects didn't have the bower_components ***

You commented on Patrick Turner's post over 5 years

Thank you for your replies. I followed the directions in that video already... this is why I'm confused.
Here's the run down, maybe one of you can spot something I missed.

I'm on windows 8.1, if that matters.

I installed git, ruby (1.9.3) and then NodeJS (I'm still not sure why I needed NodeJS)

I first installed compass with: gem install compass

Then I installed bower with: install -g bower grunt-cli (as is instructed on the above link)

Then: gem install foundation

I created a brand new project in an empty test folder

I used the command foundation new test-project

I even tried updating that new test project, but it didn't seem to change anything.

You commented on Patrick Turner's post over 5 years

When I create a new project it makes an index.html with some basic elements.
The styles and classes are not the new ones from foundation 5.

Looking at the scss it doesn't look like any of the new stuff is in there.

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content