Menu icon Foundation

Designer | Colorado Springs, CO

Designer/Developer trying to learn Foundation 6 and overall Foundation

My Posts

Replies
  • Voo-doo Magic?

By Scott Koons

email

Ok, I have a question about the voo-doo magic that the Foundation website seems to use.  On the Foundation e-commerce page there is no re-captcha or anything that seems to be filtering spam.  Is there a spam filter in place?  If so, how? &n... (continued)

Last Reply by Scott Koons 4 months ago

Replies
  • Bug in Top-bar?

By Scott Koons

topbar

I have recently been pounding my head against the wall with trying to add a simple image logo to the top-bar code -  <div class="top-bar-title"> <span data-responsive-toggle="topbar-responsive" data-hide-for="medium"> <but... (continued)

Last Reply by Wendt Lloydd 5 months ago

Replies
  • Changing hidden properties

By Scott Koons

Hi, I'm trying to change some of the auto classes that get added on to tags when they have certain classes applied. Specifically, I want to change some of the properties in the menu drop down function. I have inspected the html with Chrome and I ge... (continued)

Last Reply by Scott Koons over 1 year ago

My Comments

Scott Koons commented on Scott Koons's post 4 months

Hey Rafi,

I'm looking at your various form (like the one at the bottom of this page).  Are you employing some type of honeypot to weed out spam, or do you have another device that you employ?
Thanks.
-Scott

Scott Koons commented on Zurb Rules's post 4 months

I just recently attended the basic course last week and advanced class this week.  If you are fairly competent in Foundation and the web, then the first one may be a bit basic.  However, I did learn some interesting tricks that I had not used before.  Also, it was great interacting with the whole Zurb team!
This past Tues (18th) I attended the advanced class and this was amazing!  I definitely learned a TON.  If you are using the Zurb template and SASS then I highly recommend that you attend.  I'm not a JS pro, so I struggled to keep up with K-Ball's presentation, but I still learned a lot of new js tricks with 6.41.
I was on the fence for a long time on whether to attend one of these classes.  $300 is a lot, but I can easily see making this up in future projects.  Plus you get to know the Foundation staff a bit, so you can ask questions directly (although I'm sure Rafi just wants me to post to the forum instead:).
Final thoughts... do it.
-Scott

Scott Koons commented on Dale Dietrich's post 7 months

I recently used partials to accomplish this task.  I created a partial called nav_links.html.  
<li><a href="#">beer</a></li>
<li><a href="#">food</a></li>
<li><a href="#">locations</a></li>
<li><a href="#">store</a></li>
<li><a href="#">banquets</a></li>
<li><a href="#">reservations</a></li>
then, I added the partial into various nav elements.  This way I only have to update, add, delete, and etc through one file.  Works great for needing variations based upon breakpoints.

Scott Koons commented on George Bratsos's post over 1 year

Very awesome!!!  Thanks for the work George!

Scott Koons commented on Scott Koons's post over 1 year

Brilliant Robert!  I was so much in the mindset of using the top-bar I completely overlooked the tab concept.  Thanks for the help.  It's much appreciated!

-Scott

Hi Robbert. Thank you so much for taking the time to review and respond to my post. Here is a link to an older website created in F5: http://cmb-nov15.yetignome.com/beer/regular-house-beers

Take a look at the nav bar and this is the desired effect.

Thank you for your help.

-Scott

@James Stone I love your site! I'm having a hard time changing out the hover pseudo classes for the hover event. Can you point me to where you made the changes for your top-bar menu?

Thanks James.

-Scott

Awesome sites! Keep 'em coming.

Will do. I'll also post the code when it is complete.

Thanks guys. I was able to get into the JS and make the needed changes. Still working on some layout issues, but @Robbert Stapel had the right answer!

-Scott

Posts Followed

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Scott Koons's post 4 months

Hey Rafi,

I'm looking at your various form (like the one at the bottom of this page).  Are you employing some type of honeypot to weed out spam, or do you have another device that you employ?
Thanks.
-Scott

You commented on Zurb Rules's post 4 months

I just recently attended the basic course last week and advanced class this week.  If you are fairly competent in Foundation and the web, then the first one may be a bit basic.  However, I did learn some interesting tricks that I had not used before.  Also, it was great interacting with the whole Zurb team!
This past Tues (18th) I attended the advanced class and this was amazing!  I definitely learned a TON.  If you are using the Zurb template and SASS then I highly recommend that you attend.  I'm not a JS pro, so I struggled to keep up with K-Ball's presentation, but I still learned a lot of new js tricks with 6.41.
I was on the fence for a long time on whether to attend one of these classes.  $300 is a lot, but I can easily see making this up in future projects.  Plus you get to know the Foundation staff a bit, so you can ask questions directly (although I'm sure Rafi just wants me to post to the forum instead:).
Final thoughts... do it.
-Scott

You commented on Dale Dietrich's post 7 months

I recently used partials to accomplish this task.  I created a partial called nav_links.html.  
<li><a href="#">beer</a></li>
<li><a href="#">food</a></li>
<li><a href="#">locations</a></li>
<li><a href="#">store</a></li>
<li><a href="#">banquets</a></li>
<li><a href="#">reservations</a></li>
then, I added the partial into various nav elements.  This way I only have to update, add, delete, and etc through one file.  Works great for needing variations based upon breakpoints.

You commented on George Bratsos's post over 1 year

Very awesome!!!  Thanks for the work George!

You commented on Scott Koons's post over 1 year

Brilliant Robert!  I was so much in the mindset of using the top-bar I completely overlooked the tab concept.  Thanks for the help.  It's much appreciated!

-Scott

Hi Robbert. Thank you so much for taking the time to review and respond to my post. Here is a link to an older website created in F5: http://cmb-nov15.yetignome.com/beer/regular-house-beers

Take a look at the nav bar and this is the desired effect.

Thank you for your help.

-Scott

@James Stone I love your site! I'm having a hard time changing out the hover pseudo classes for the hover event. Can you point me to where you made the changes for your top-bar menu?

Thanks James.

-Scott

Awesome sites! Keep 'em coming.

Will do. I'll also post the code when it is complete.

Thanks guys. I was able to get into the JS and make the needed changes. Still working on some layout issues, but @Robbert Stapel had the right answer!

-Scott

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers