Menu icon Foundation

Designer

My Posts

• NEW
  • Using Fire.app with Foundation

By Paul Vollmar

fire.app

I experimented first with Foundation 3, and then wiped that out with Foundation 4, and I've created two pages that seem to work fine in 4. I'm ready to start the real project now, and want to be ready for upgrades to Foundation, so I created a project usi... (continued)

My Comments

Paul Vollmar commented on James Donnelly's post over 1 year

Pseudo-classes cannot be inlined. The build process inlines your CSS.

Paul Vollmar commented on David Singer's post over 1 year

In MailChimp, if you include the required merge tag |UNSUB| in your Inky code, and then style it as any other item, MailChimp will not insert its own unsubscribe link. Search the MailChimp Help knowledge base for "merge tags" for a discussion of the required tags and how to use them yourself.

Paul Vollmar commented on David Singer's post over 1 year

For MailChimp, I just include the required merge tags in my Inky code:
<row>  <columns>    <div class="footer text-center">            Copyright (C) |CURRENT_YEAR| |LIST:COMPANY| All rights reserved <br />            |LIST:DESCRIPTION| <br /><br />            <a href="|UNSUB|">Unsubscribe |EMAIL| from this list </a><br /><br />            |LIST:ADDRESS| <br /><br />            |REWARDS|    </div>  </columns></row>
Then, I use the class styling in app.scss to control how they look:
.footer{ font-size:11px; font-style:italic; text-align:center; color:gray; margin-top:30px;}.footer a{ color:blue; text-decoration:underline;}
By including the required merge tags, MailChimp will not insert it's own text and links.

Paul Vollmar commented on Paul Vollmar's post almost 4 years

Thank You! That was the problem, caused by two mistakes on my part. First, I had copied the skeleton for that page from a Foundation 5 project I had just finished, so it included the specific initialization script at the bottom. Second, I must have missed the part in the Foundation 6 documentation that noted that app.js included the initialization function. When I downloaded 6, I just copied the files to my server and started coding. I'm waiting for the Foundation 6 migration document to come out -- or did I miss that, too?

Thanks again.

Paul Vollmar commented on Paul Vollmar's post almost 4 years

If you mean the message:

SensorNotRequired: https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/error-messages

that's just a warning; the Google docs say it would not produce an error, and I just tried it after modifying the code and it made no difference.

Paul Vollmar commented on Paul Vollmar's post over 5 years

Thank you. That gets the map modal working. That attribute was missing from the sample code on the example page, too, so I'm curious why that page worked and mine didn't.

The obvious problem with the "tabs" was that it was using sections, which I understand is deprecated in F5, so I probably didn't have the write setup for that. Converting the code to use tabs looks like it will work. Thanks again!

Posts Followed

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on James Donnelly's post over 1 year

Pseudo-classes cannot be inlined. The build process inlines your CSS.

You commented on David Singer's post over 1 year

In MailChimp, if you include the required merge tag |UNSUB| in your Inky code, and then style it as any other item, MailChimp will not insert its own unsubscribe link. Search the MailChimp Help knowledge base for "merge tags" for a discussion of the required tags and how to use them yourself.

You commented on David Singer's post over 1 year

For MailChimp, I just include the required merge tags in my Inky code:
<row>  <columns>    <div class="footer text-center">            Copyright (C) |CURRENT_YEAR| |LIST:COMPANY| All rights reserved <br />            |LIST:DESCRIPTION| <br /><br />            <a href="|UNSUB|">Unsubscribe |EMAIL| from this list </a><br /><br />            |LIST:ADDRESS| <br /><br />            |REWARDS|    </div>  </columns></row>
Then, I use the class styling in app.scss to control how they look:
.footer{ font-size:11px; font-style:italic; text-align:center; color:gray; margin-top:30px;}.footer a{ color:blue; text-decoration:underline;}
By including the required merge tags, MailChimp will not insert it's own text and links.

You commented on Paul Vollmar's post almost 4 years

Thank You! That was the problem, caused by two mistakes on my part. First, I had copied the skeleton for that page from a Foundation 5 project I had just finished, so it included the specific initialization script at the bottom. Second, I must have missed the part in the Foundation 6 documentation that noted that app.js included the initialization function. When I downloaded 6, I just copied the files to my server and started coding. I'm waiting for the Foundation 6 migration document to come out -- or did I miss that, too?

Thanks again.

You commented on Paul Vollmar's post almost 4 years

If you mean the message:

SensorNotRequired: https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/error-messages

that's just a warning; the Google docs say it would not produce an error, and I just tried it after modifying the code and it made no difference.

You commented on Paul Vollmar's post over 5 years

Thank you. That gets the map modal working. That attribute was missing from the sample code on the example page, too, so I'm curious why that page worked and mine didn't.

The obvious problem with the "tabs" was that it was using sections, which I understand is deprecated in F5, so I probably didn't have the write setup for that. Converting the code to use tabs looks like it will work. Thanks again!

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers