Menu icon Foundation

My Posts

• Make compass compile .scss

By ayezee

SassFoundationoutput

Got myself all confused. Totally spaced it and was running the sass ---watch . command in my file and not compass watch. Then I got the bright idea of moving things around without backing anything up. Got frustrated and downloaded a fresh install and ... (continued)

Last Reply by Rafi Benkual almost 4 years ago

My Comments

ayezee commented on ayezee's post almost 4 years

Hey Rafi, thanks for the reply...I was working on your example just a little bit and was struggling to get text into the image...

In other words if that image was the hero section with a H1 and subheadline in there.

Any thoughts?

ayezee commented on Alex's post almost 4 years

Are you getting any errors in the command line when running compass watch?

ayezee commented on ayezee's post over 4 years

Thanks @Rafi,

yeah I knew that is what F5 suggested. I left it alone for a while and came back and when I refreshed it, it works. I noticed the more changes I make (and refresh) the longer it takes to see the changes. No biggie but I am all sorted out. Could be my computer though

Thanks,

ayezee commented on Evan Sparkman's post over 4 years

Been searching for a while, finally found this. Awesome. Thanks

ayezee commented on ayezee's post over 4 years

I'm bummed because I have been waiting for a while to tune one of these up. I am curious what is going on because I got my Mac out and fired everything up and got errors when trying to launch gulp.

I am running WAMP on my desktop and wondering if that is messing with Gulp. I looked through my npm-error.log file but am not a programmer by any means

ayezee commented on ayezee's post almost 5 years

Sigh, as with all things in life, a little more googling and I found what I needed

Download this and link it up

https://mixitup.kunkalabs.com/

ayezee commented on Think Privacy's post almost 5 years

Also check which files are being loaded in the browsers in which order. Right click and inspect element to see if the other stylesheet is showing.

ayezee commented on Giorgos Grispos's post almost 5 years

Found it.

You have your dl class="accordion" data-accoridan=""

It should ready

dl class="accordion" data-accordion

I just tried that and it worked for me.

ayezee commented on Giorgos Grispos's post almost 5 years

I have a feeling I know what the problem is. Can either of you post your source code?

ayezee commented on Bridget's post almost 5 years

If you right click and inspect element it will tell you the size of the div.

For a example a 12-grid column is 62.5 em or 1000px, so if you wanted a full size image anything at least 1000px would do the trick. You technically could have a much bigger image but remember you will want to optimize the picture for the web so it doesn't slow down page load.

To find the other columns either use inspect element or divide 62.5 by the column and convert the em to px or whatever you are comfortable with.

Posts Followed

Replies
  • Compass - Changing Body Styles

By Alex

compass

Hello, none of the styles that I've applied to the body background-color, body font-family, or body font color seem to be making it to the app.css file. I don't get any errors, but the app.css does not reflect the changes that I've made to the _settings.s... (continued)

Last Reply by Jacky888 9 months ago

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on ayezee's post almost 4 years

Hey Rafi, thanks for the reply...I was working on your example just a little bit and was struggling to get text into the image...

In other words if that image was the hero section with a H1 and subheadline in there.

Any thoughts?

You commented on Alex's post almost 4 years

Are you getting any errors in the command line when running compass watch?

You commented on ayezee's post over 4 years

Thanks @Rafi,

yeah I knew that is what F5 suggested. I left it alone for a while and came back and when I refreshed it, it works. I noticed the more changes I make (and refresh) the longer it takes to see the changes. No biggie but I am all sorted out. Could be my computer though

Thanks,

You commented on Evan Sparkman's post over 4 years

Been searching for a while, finally found this. Awesome. Thanks

You commented on ayezee's post over 4 years

I'm bummed because I have been waiting for a while to tune one of these up. I am curious what is going on because I got my Mac out and fired everything up and got errors when trying to launch gulp.

I am running WAMP on my desktop and wondering if that is messing with Gulp. I looked through my npm-error.log file but am not a programmer by any means

You commented on ayezee's post almost 5 years

Sigh, as with all things in life, a little more googling and I found what I needed

Download this and link it up

https://mixitup.kunkalabs.com/

You commented on Think Privacy's post almost 5 years

Also check which files are being loaded in the browsers in which order. Right click and inspect element to see if the other stylesheet is showing.

You commented on Giorgos Grispos's post almost 5 years

Found it.

You have your dl class="accordion" data-accoridan=""

It should ready

dl class="accordion" data-accordion

I just tried that and it worked for me.

You commented on Giorgos Grispos's post almost 5 years

I have a feeling I know what the problem is. Can either of you post your source code?

You commented on Bridget's post almost 5 years

If you right click and inspect element it will tell you the size of the div.

For a example a 12-grid column is 62.5 em or 1000px, so if you wanted a full size image anything at least 1000px would do the trick. You technically could have a much bigger image but remember you will want to optimize the picture for the web so it doesn't slow down page load.

To find the other columns either use inspect element or divide 62.5 by the column and convert the em to px or whatever you are comfortable with.

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content