forms/
grid/
settings/
typography/
util/
vendor/
_global.scss
foundation.scss

foundation.scss imports _global.scss to get settings. However, _global.scss has some, but not all, of the variables found in _settings.scss.

I just checked Foundation's github repo and it has this same structure.

Ron Wade commented on Ron Wade's post almost 4 years

Hi Jordan,

Yes, I am familiar with Sass.

You don't have to apologize - it's better to assume that someone is a novice when you are helping them.

There is no app.scss present in my installation. Maybe because I installed via NPM and you are using one of the starter templates?

I expected _settings.scss to be imported into foundation.scss but it isn't.

I'm not really having a problem because of my workflow. I put whatever _settings.scss variables I want to override my own _global.scss file outside of the Foundation directory. Then I import my _global.scss after Foundation's _global.scss in foundation.scss.

it just looks odd that the _settings.scss file isn't being imported anywhere.

In a related note, _settings.scss has no effect on my Foundation 6 styles. I created a new post about that here: http://foundation.zurb.com/forum/posts/36688-

So I had to drop the $global-width override in my own _global.scss file which I described above (which is what I prefer to do anyway).

Thanks James,

I was hoping that Foundation provided a shortcut mixin for that, as I described above. That is how it's done in bootstrap 3 or 4 (don't remember which) and it's really handy.

But adding the styles manually won't be too much trouble, since I'm using flex-grid, I assume.

Posts Followed

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Ron Wade's post almost 4 years

The scss directory looks like this:

components/
forms/
grid/
settings/
typography/
util/
vendor/
_global.scss
foundation.scss

foundation.scss imports _global.scss to get settings. However, _global.scss has some, but not all, of the variables found in _settings.scss.

I just checked Foundation's github repo and it has this same structure.

Hi Jordan,

Yes, I am familiar with Sass.

You don't have to apologize - it's better to assume that someone is a novice when you are helping them.

There is no app.scss present in my installation. Maybe because I installed via NPM and you are using one of the starter templates?

I expected _settings.scss to be imported into foundation.scss but it isn't.

I'm not really having a problem because of my workflow. I put whatever _settings.scss variables I want to override my own _global.scss file outside of the Foundation directory. Then I import my _global.scss after Foundation's _global.scss in foundation.scss.

it just looks odd that the _settings.scss file isn't being imported anywhere.

In a related note, _settings.scss has no effect on my Foundation 6 styles. I created a new post about that here: http://foundation.zurb.com/forum/posts/36688-

So I had to drop the $global-width override in my own _global.scss file which I described above (which is what I prefer to do anyway).

Thanks James,

I was hoping that Foundation provided a shortcut mixin for that, as I described above. That is how it's done in bootstrap 3 or 4 (don't remember which) and it's really handy.

But adding the styles manually won't be too much trouble, since I'm using flex-grid, I assume.

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content