Menu icon Foundation

Developer

My Posts

My Comments

Peter Collinson commented on Rafi Benkual's post over 3 years

Foundation sticky basically does 'better scrolling' - the easing is better.

Peter Collinson commented on Rafi Benkual's post over 3 years

Well for me sticky has died with the 6.2 releases - and I am holding back deploying 6.2 JS until I can avoid using sticky - which I've done on one site - OR it gets fixed. So I am now using 6.2 css and 6.1 js on my sites - I really don't want to do this, but it's necessary when something that used to work no longer does.
The page layout is simple:
header
row
main column (sticky anchor)       Menu - sticky container
footer
It seems much the same as the Foundation website except I am not using Magellan.
If I take a working 6.1 js page - actually with 6.2 css - and replace the foundation/sticky code with 6.2 then scrolling of the menu just stops. I have poked at this a lot, and actually I am unconvinced that the 6.2 code is actually getting scrolling events - but I am not entirely sure.
So far, this history of 6... releases are not good. I've stopped using reveal because it is a mess and scrolls stuff off the screen. I've now replaced 'sticky' with jquery-stickykit on one site because sticky has died. Foundation sticky is better than the stickykit solution, but only when it works. PLEASE don't manage to break equalizer. This is all sort of software rot, on each release something else breaks.
Would it not have been somewhat better not to have spent time encrypting your Javascript and instead made sure that it works?

Peter Collinson commented on Peter Collinson's post almost 4 years

See:
http://www.adee.org/about/members-reveal.php

scroll down the page - the flag menu should follow you down. Now click on a flag.
Kill the reveal window and click again - you'll find that the reveal window marches down the page until it hits the bottom.

This version kills and restarts Sticky when the flag is clicked.

It also has some code which matches the size of the sliding area with the size of the main page. This gets called when the modal is killed.

You can see the reason for the resize code in http://www.adee.org/about/members.php - which reloads the page on a flag click. It keeps the page sized so that the slider will fit in and not run off the bottom of the page. (I attempted to post this to the forum - but it was apparently spam so I gave up - it's now out there and I've attempted to correct it - but the forum won't allow me to change code).

Incidentally I am happy to change this page - which isn't in production.

I am very probably doing something dumb here.

Posts Followed

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Rafi Benkual's post over 3 years

Foundation sticky basically does 'better scrolling' - the easing is better.

You commented on Rafi Benkual's post over 3 years

Well for me sticky has died with the 6.2 releases - and I am holding back deploying 6.2 JS until I can avoid using sticky - which I've done on one site - OR it gets fixed. So I am now using 6.2 css and 6.1 js on my sites - I really don't want to do this, but it's necessary when something that used to work no longer does.
The page layout is simple:
header
row
main column (sticky anchor)       Menu - sticky container
footer
It seems much the same as the Foundation website except I am not using Magellan.
If I take a working 6.1 js page - actually with 6.2 css - and replace the foundation/sticky code with 6.2 then scrolling of the menu just stops. I have poked at this a lot, and actually I am unconvinced that the 6.2 code is actually getting scrolling events - but I am not entirely sure.
So far, this history of 6... releases are not good. I've stopped using reveal because it is a mess and scrolls stuff off the screen. I've now replaced 'sticky' with jquery-stickykit on one site because sticky has died. Foundation sticky is better than the stickykit solution, but only when it works. PLEASE don't manage to break equalizer. This is all sort of software rot, on each release something else breaks.
Would it not have been somewhat better not to have spent time encrypting your Javascript and instead made sure that it works?

You commented on Peter Collinson's post almost 4 years

See:
http://www.adee.org/about/members-reveal.php

scroll down the page - the flag menu should follow you down. Now click on a flag.
Kill the reveal window and click again - you'll find that the reveal window marches down the page until it hits the bottom.

This version kills and restarts Sticky when the flag is clicked.

It also has some code which matches the size of the sliding area with the size of the main page. This gets called when the modal is killed.

You can see the reason for the resize code in http://www.adee.org/about/members.php - which reloads the page on a flag click. It keeps the page sized so that the slider will fit in and not run off the bottom of the page. (I attempted to post this to the forum - but it was apparently spam so I gave up - it's now out there and I've attempted to correct it - but the forum won't allow me to change code).

Incidentally I am happy to change this page - which isn't in production.

I am very probably doing something dumb here.

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content