Menu icon Foundation

Coder

My Posts

Replies
  • Foundation 6 Frustrations

By Paper9oll

foundation 6

Hi All, I just started transiting and i find out that foundation 6 does changes a lot as in the _settings.scss no longer features a lot of variables (as ZURB developer says the code-base is now smaller in size) as i previous use the variables in my per... (continued)

Last Reply by Antonio Gallo almost 3 years ago

My Comments

Paper9oll commented on Paper9oll's post almost 3 years

@Irene Soler what does your app.js consists of? My setup is the same as yours hence not sure why your one not working.

@Tharaka De Silva thanks you for the help I have found the workaround for flex grid. By using Responsive Adjustments found in Flex Grid docs ... you get almost the small behaviour as block grids.

Paper9oll commented on Jamie Totten's post almost 3 years

@Jamie Totten this is a bug that only exists in v6.0.6. What you can do now is reinstall foundation using this command:

bower uninstall foundation-sites --save
bower install foundation-sites#6.0.5 --save

you can use --save if you like. For more information about this bugs or issue refer to here: https://github.com/zurb/foundation-sites/issues/7622

Paper9oll commented on Ryan W's post almost 3 years

@Ryan W looks like this is a bug that only affect users using projects created via Yeti Launch, i have reproduce through Atom editor like what you say ... it not working, but when i reproduce through non-Yeti Launch projects which is via packages manager way (bower, npm and gulp) of installation, it is able to work without needing to cut and paste the @include in app.scss.

@Rafi Benkual I installed foundation through bower.

My Steps:

1. open terminal
  2. cd my foundation site directory
  3. bower init and npm init
  4. bower install foundation-sites --save
  5. bower install font-awesome --save
  6. npm install gulp --save
  7. npm install gulp-sass --save
  8. npm install gulp-concat --save
  9. npm install gulp-minify-css --save
  10. npm install gulp-uglify --save
  11. npm install gulp-autoprefixer --save
  12. create gulpfile.js
  13. run gulp command through terminal
  14. everything generate into build (public folder) without errors
  15. test website
  16. javascript components such as off-canvas, callout, tabs (sometimes) not working.

Anyway this is not important anymore as its working ... I changed the way i include the javascript files by splitting up the files into individual ones like foundation.js, app.js (initialisation) and vendor.js (jquery.js and what-input.js) is a single file respectively.

Not sure why Foundation v6 won't work when i joined all the files into a single app.js through gulp ... this does not happen in Foundation v5 ... probably a bug.

Anyway ... Cheers

@Jonas Marlo Loerken my website is currently not yet ready for production hence is there any other way

@Jonas Marlo Loerken sry, what do you mean by populate a link

@Robert Lewis thanks you didn't know it changed to navigation.

@James Stone thanks you for the help, i do agree it bring some great functionality and i hope it get better by the day as we will be more use to it.

Posts Followed

Replies
  • F6 - _scss settings not updating

By Ryan W

F6_scss

Hello, I am running a fresh install of f6 and launching with yeti (zurb template) and editing in adobe brackets. Everything seems to be working except certain settings won't update from the _scss file in the src folder. For example, when edit... (continued)

Last Reply by Ryan W almost 3 years ago

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Paper9oll's post almost 3 years

@Irene Soler what does your app.js consists of? My setup is the same as yours hence not sure why your one not working.

@Tharaka De Silva thanks you for the help I have found the workaround for flex grid. By using Responsive Adjustments found in Flex Grid docs ... you get almost the small behaviour as block grids.

You commented on Jamie Totten's post almost 3 years

@Jamie Totten this is a bug that only exists in v6.0.6. What you can do now is reinstall foundation using this command:

bower uninstall foundation-sites --save
bower install foundation-sites#6.0.5 --save

you can use --save if you like. For more information about this bugs or issue refer to here: https://github.com/zurb/foundation-sites/issues/7622

You commented on Ryan W's post almost 3 years

@Ryan W looks like this is a bug that only affect users using projects created via Yeti Launch, i have reproduce through Atom editor like what you say ... it not working, but when i reproduce through non-Yeti Launch projects which is via packages manager way (bower, npm and gulp) of installation, it is able to work without needing to cut and paste the @include in app.scss.

@Rafi Benkual I installed foundation through bower.

My Steps:

1. open terminal
  2. cd my foundation site directory
  3. bower init and npm init
  4. bower install foundation-sites --save
  5. bower install font-awesome --save
  6. npm install gulp --save
  7. npm install gulp-sass --save
  8. npm install gulp-concat --save
  9. npm install gulp-minify-css --save
  10. npm install gulp-uglify --save
  11. npm install gulp-autoprefixer --save
  12. create gulpfile.js
  13. run gulp command through terminal
  14. everything generate into build (public folder) without errors
  15. test website
  16. javascript components such as off-canvas, callout, tabs (sometimes) not working.

Anyway this is not important anymore as its working ... I changed the way i include the javascript files by splitting up the files into individual ones like foundation.js, app.js (initialisation) and vendor.js (jquery.js and what-input.js) is a single file respectively.

Not sure why Foundation v6 won't work when i joined all the files into a single app.js through gulp ... this does not happen in Foundation v5 ... probably a bug.

Anyway ... Cheers

@Jonas Marlo Loerken my website is currently not yet ready for production hence is there any other way

@Jonas Marlo Loerken sry, what do you mean by populate a link

@Robert Lewis thanks you didn't know it changed to navigation.

@James Stone thanks you for the help, i do agree it bring some great functionality and i hope it get better by the day as we will be more use to it.

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content