Menu icon Foundation

My Posts

My Comments

Aron Patterson commented on Iain MacDonald's post almost 2 years

I can't really explain the Yeti Launcher (it hasn't launched for Windows yet). However, I can enlighten you a bit on the different folders.

/src/ is usually the local, uncompressed copy of a website, while /dist/ is usually the distributed/production-ready copy of a website. So the /dist/ is your uglified/minified code when you do a gulp build:prod.

Aron Patterson commented on JE's post almost 2 years

Can you provide more details on how you downloaded the complete package? Was it through command prompt/npm/bower? Did you copy the files from Git?

Aron Patterson commented on sten's post almost 2 years

Keep in mind that having AngularJS is an advantage for Apps - Angular is amazing. And at the same time, Apps doesn't have to pay as much attention to whether or not it works in the different browsers (see: the eternal torment of IE), and thus can leave out excess compatibility coding and updates in favor of using the latest and greatest features that the web has to offer.

Apps is made to be leaner and more focused on its namesake, so it will always be superior to FS6 for app development.

(That isn't to say FS6 isn't amazing.)

Aron Patterson commented on Sergey Estrin's post almost 2 years

I agree with Raul, it sounds like an override issue - another stylesheet is trying to change the font size on the small breakpoint.

I recommend you open it up in Chrome, minimize your screen, right click the header, and Inspect Element to see what CSS element is currently being treated with priority. That can at least narrow down the problem.

Posts Followed

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Iain MacDonald's post almost 2 years

I can't really explain the Yeti Launcher (it hasn't launched for Windows yet). However, I can enlighten you a bit on the different folders.

/src/ is usually the local, uncompressed copy of a website, while /dist/ is usually the distributed/production-ready copy of a website. So the /dist/ is your uglified/minified code when you do a gulp build:prod.

You commented on JE's post almost 2 years

Can you provide more details on how you downloaded the complete package? Was it through command prompt/npm/bower? Did you copy the files from Git?

You commented on sten's post almost 2 years

Keep in mind that having AngularJS is an advantage for Apps - Angular is amazing. And at the same time, Apps doesn't have to pay as much attention to whether or not it works in the different browsers (see: the eternal torment of IE), and thus can leave out excess compatibility coding and updates in favor of using the latest and greatest features that the web has to offer.

Apps is made to be leaner and more focused on its namesake, so it will always be superior to FS6 for app development.

(That isn't to say FS6 isn't amazing.)

You commented on Sergey Estrin's post almost 2 years

I agree with Raul, it sounds like an override issue - another stylesheet is trying to change the font size on the small breakpoint.

I recommend you open it up in Chrome, minimize your screen, right click the header, and Inspect Element to see what CSS element is currently being treated with priority. That can at least narrow down the problem.

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content