Menu icon Foundation

My Posts

Replies
  • Shortcode for columns/rows in WP

By Otti Ott

wordpressShortcode

Hi all,Wordpress I'm looking for a user-friendly way to use columns and rows of the Foundation grid inside Wordpress (using FoundationPress at the moment). Is there any current (not outdated) shortcode available or any other method I'm overlooking? Many... (continued)

Last Reply by Aryan 4 days ago

My Comments

Otti Ott commented on Doug Biggerstaff's post about 2 months

Hi Doug,
Thanks for you response again. I agree on all points with you and it confirms my workflow too. Good to hear others using the same setup and update scenarios.
Many thanks again
Otti

Otti Ott commented on Otti Ott's post about 2 months

Hi Dream League,

I had this plugin already installed, but it is not user-friendly enough for my clients.
But thanks anyway for your reply.
Best regards

Otti Ott commented on Doug Biggerstaff's post 2 months

Hi Doug,
Thank you very much for your reply - much appreciated.
The Node Version Manager sounds Like the way to go. I will try it later today, but firstly need to sort out what will happen when I'm updating the CLI. According to the installation instructions on the Foundation website I need to update the CLI.
How do you handle the automated updates through git? So far, I have disconnected from git versioning after I had downloaded the repository and checked everything. Do you leave the connection to the repository and if so, do you get "undesired" updates?
Cheers
Otti

Otti Ott commented on Doug Biggerstaff's post 2 months

Hi Doug,

Just came across your post here and was wondering how are managing older and newer projects in Foundation.
I have some older projects using an old CLI and early versions of Foundation 6. The projects load fine at the moment, but I'm also afraid of getting errors when I upgrade to a newer CLI.
Many thanks for your help.
otti

Otti Ott commented on Otti Ott's post over 2 years

Thanks Brandon for your reply. I think it is not necessary to document this as one can clearly see the different file structure - a bit of documentation about Panini and the combination of default and index would help though.
I wasn't aware that I should set the paths to the output directory, but will try.

Otti Ott commented on Jay Kardong's post over 2 years

Hi Jay,
You are more than welcome.
I think the Foundation community is good, but could do with a bit more support throughout from all users.
Believe me, I'm as happy as you are to have found a fix.

Cheers
otti

Hi Jay,

I just found the solution which solved it for me.
I installed everything as per documentation, but bower -v did also get me the permission error as the one you describe above (and I also had). I finally found the permission fix here:
https://github.com/bower/bower/issues/1607
Scroll down to 11 May and see the solution from Angel-Gonzalez:
sudo chown -R [user name] ~/.config

Use it with your username (obviously no square brackets) and see if this helps.
When I use it and then bower -v I get the proper version and the installation of bower etc works fine. I now have a perfect project.

Let me know how you go.

Cheers
otti

Hi Jay,

I'm receiving the exact same error message. I agree this is very frustrating and almost puts me off the whole Sass thing.
Did you find a solution in the meantime?

otti

Posts Followed

Replies
  • SASS Install Failure

By Jay Kardong

Sasscliinstallfails

Hello All, I'm trying to install Foundation with SASS following the instructions at http://foundation.zurb.com/docs/sass.html. All went well, and tried to create a new project using "foundation new FOO --libsass" command, which creates the "FOO" direct... (continued)

Last Reply by Otti Ott over 2 years ago

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Doug Biggerstaff's post about 2 months

Hi Doug,
Thanks for you response again. I agree on all points with you and it confirms my workflow too. Good to hear others using the same setup and update scenarios.
Many thanks again
Otti

You commented on Otti Ott's post about 2 months

Hi Dream League,

I had this plugin already installed, but it is not user-friendly enough for my clients.
But thanks anyway for your reply.
Best regards

You commented on Doug Biggerstaff's post 2 months

Hi Doug,
Thank you very much for your reply - much appreciated.
The Node Version Manager sounds Like the way to go. I will try it later today, but firstly need to sort out what will happen when I'm updating the CLI. According to the installation instructions on the Foundation website I need to update the CLI.
How do you handle the automated updates through git? So far, I have disconnected from git versioning after I had downloaded the repository and checked everything. Do you leave the connection to the repository and if so, do you get "undesired" updates?
Cheers
Otti

You commented on Doug Biggerstaff's post 2 months

Hi Doug,

Just came across your post here and was wondering how are managing older and newer projects in Foundation.
I have some older projects using an old CLI and early versions of Foundation 6. The projects load fine at the moment, but I'm also afraid of getting errors when I upgrade to a newer CLI.
Many thanks for your help.
otti

You commented on Otti Ott's post over 2 years

Thanks Brandon for your reply. I think it is not necessary to document this as one can clearly see the different file structure - a bit of documentation about Panini and the combination of default and index would help though.
I wasn't aware that I should set the paths to the output directory, but will try.

You commented on Jay Kardong's post over 2 years

Hi Jay,
You are more than welcome.
I think the Foundation community is good, but could do with a bit more support throughout from all users.
Believe me, I'm as happy as you are to have found a fix.

Cheers
otti

Hi Jay,

I just found the solution which solved it for me.
I installed everything as per documentation, but bower -v did also get me the permission error as the one you describe above (and I also had). I finally found the permission fix here:
https://github.com/bower/bower/issues/1607
Scroll down to 11 May and see the solution from Angel-Gonzalez:

Use it with your username (obviously no square brackets) and see if this helps.
When I use it and then bower -v I get the proper version and the installation of bower etc works fine. I now have a perfect project.

Let me know how you go.

Cheers
otti

Hi Jay,

I'm receiving the exact same error message. I agree this is very frustrating and almost puts me off the whole Sass thing.
Did you find a solution in the meantime?

otti

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content