Menu icon Foundation

My Posts

My Comments

Albert Delorenzi commented on Bill Sholar's post over 2 years

The Documentation shows <div class="column row">
See if that makes a difference.

Albert Delorenzi commented on Elisandro Martinez's post over 2 years

Elisandro,
The way Wordpress works, CMS, it constructs each page dynamically. If you access the "pages" within Wordpress with the Editor there is an option to view HTML. This will only show you the HMTL on the specific content you are viewing in the editor.
This may be an option for you. You will have to construct the Header, Menus and Footer separately.

Hope this answers your question.

Albert Delorenzi commented on Elisandro Martinez's post over 2 years

Hi Elisandro,

I have converted several Wordpress sites for clients. As Roy stated it is not easy and depends on your knowledge level. I have a few suggestions for you.
First Foundation is very good out of the box and depending on your skill level , easily customizable. You should spend some time getting familiar with it. There are many very good resources on this website.
Second with the current website you should download all the image files in their current folders. You will need FTP access to the website to do this. By retaining the existing folders you can retain the image links that are currently in the wordpress html. There does not seem to be a lot of images on your site so this may not be necessary in your case.
Third, I found that the easiest way to capture the wordpress content is to view the source in a browser and copy the html portions you need into the new Foundation web page. Using the existing website layout may or may not be the best option for a responsive website. You may need to make some changes to improve the displays on small screens.

It will be time consuming as there is a lot of back and forth. I have not found an easier way to do this.
Hope this helps.

Albert Delorenzi commented on Jarryd Fillmore's post over 2 years

The change that may affect your html is Block Grid. In Foundation 6 it uses a div structure where as, Foundation 5 uses a ul structure.

Posts Followed

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Bill Sholar's post over 2 years

The Documentation shows <div class="column row">
See if that makes a difference.

You commented on Elisandro Martinez's post over 2 years

Elisandro,
The way Wordpress works, CMS, it constructs each page dynamically. If you access the "pages" within Wordpress with the Editor there is an option to view HTML. This will only show you the HMTL on the specific content you are viewing in the editor.
This may be an option for you. You will have to construct the Header, Menus and Footer separately.

Hope this answers your question.

You commented on Elisandro Martinez's post over 2 years

Hi Elisandro,

I have converted several Wordpress sites for clients. As Roy stated it is not easy and depends on your knowledge level. I have a few suggestions for you.
First Foundation is very good out of the box and depending on your skill level , easily customizable. You should spend some time getting familiar with it. There are many very good resources on this website.
Second with the current website you should download all the image files in their current folders. You will need FTP access to the website to do this. By retaining the existing folders you can retain the image links that are currently in the wordpress html. There does not seem to be a lot of images on your site so this may not be necessary in your case.
Third, I found that the easiest way to capture the wordpress content is to view the source in a browser and copy the html portions you need into the new Foundation web page. Using the existing website layout may or may not be the best option for a responsive website. You may need to make some changes to improve the displays on small screens.

It will be time consuming as there is a lot of back and forth. I have not found an easier way to do this.
Hope this helps.

You commented on Jarryd Fillmore's post over 2 years

The change that may affect your html is Block Grid. In Foundation 6 it uses a div structure where as, Foundation 5 uses a ul structure.

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content