Menu icon Foundation

Developer

My Posts

My Comments

Lisa Lisa commented on Lisa Lisa's post over 1 year

I commented out the entire line .pipe and now it doesn't use the uncss at all. That's an OK solution but would rather be able to tell it to ignore the code in the pages? For now I'll not worry about it and move to other last minute issues. Thanks for your help.

Lisa Lisa commented on Shane Sheppard's post over 1 year

Shane - I would also like to see that sort of menu work with Foundation 6. Does anyone have any working code they can share?

Jayson,

Not sure if this will help you but I found this on the Foundation Github site. I can't quite understand what they are saying here but perhaps you will.

https://github.com/zurb/foundation-sites-6/issues/304

I'm just trying to have a setting so I can do the following:

http://www.mywebsite.com/thepage.html#mytab1

But I think maybe this article is suggesting another way to implement it? If you can understand what they are suggesting and how to get it working, please let me know.

Thanks so much. I will read that over tomorrow.

• Lisa

Rafi - Any help with the menu opening off screen on right top bar menus? Is there something I need to set differently?

• Lisa

Rafi,

Thanks for the link. I haven't used codepen before - pretty slick! Makes it much easier to test things and I don't have to break my real code. :D

I was able to get the sublevel menu working but still have the following issues.

1) From the top bar the menu on the right opens so that the edge of the dropdown menu aligns with the left side of the description. See "Community" menu item and how the very right of the sub menu gets cut off.

2) The sub menu under Support > By Product starts to open to the right but then it figures out there isn't room and bounces to the left. Would like to just tell it to start at the left instead of that? Also on the same issue - is there a variable to have the arrow in front of the description since the 3rd level menu items are opening to the left. For example

Support
        < By Product

OK thanks for clarifying. I have been just starting Gulp because there is a shortcut in WebStorm. Just didn't want to neglect Foundation Start if it did something unique and special.

:)

So do I need to start both? Or just one? Sorry I'm still a bit confused as it looks to me as if Foundation Watch starts Gulp.

• Lisa

Thanks Rafi - that got me on the correct track. To actually change the top bar I needed to modify the top-bar padding that you suggested AND the menu item padding (as this was making the top bar menu too thick. I'm using Sass so the item I changed was this one. Here is my modified code:

$topbar-padding: .4rem; 
$menu-item-padding: 0.3rem 1rem;

When the topbar padding and the menu item padding were the same, the bevel edge of my toolbar disappeared - hence the difference.

Thanks for all your help! I'm up and running the most current version now and able to update it. Life is good. :D

Posts Followed

Replies
  • Menu Dropdown

By Knight Yoshi

On the menu and dropdown menu pages it doesn't mention anything about any of the classes on the list items the .has-submenu, .is-dropdown-submenu-parent, .is-down-arrow classes. In fact if I copy the markup example from dropdown menu page it doesn't gi... (continued)

Last Reply by Walid Moussa almost 2 years ago

Replies
  • Beginner Mixins - "no mixin named" error

By Justin J

mixins

Hello, Unfortunately, I'm not getting to far, trying to figure out mixins. I've set up my Sass environment as described under, "Creating a Libsass Project" and everything seems to work well when using grunt and making my changes in the scss/_setti... (continued)

Last Reply by Justin J almost 2 years ago

Replies
  • Image and Text in a row

By Mikhail Svirkin

imagetext

Hello everyone! I need to place image and text in one row and text plus image in another row. IMAGE+TEXT TEXT+IMAGE IMAGE+TEXT ....... etc. Text should be around image. This is my codepen : http://codepen.io/mixa_ru/pen/GpMdGq How can I ... (continued)

Last Reply by Mikhail Svirkin almost 2 years ago

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Lisa Lisa's post over 1 year

I commented out the entire line .pipe and now it doesn't use the uncss at all. That's an OK solution but would rather be able to tell it to ignore the code in the pages? For now I'll not worry about it and move to other last minute issues. Thanks for your help.

You commented on Shane Sheppard's post over 1 year

Shane - I would also like to see that sort of menu work with Foundation 6. Does anyone have any working code they can share?

Jayson,

Not sure if this will help you but I found this on the Foundation Github site. I can't quite understand what they are saying here but perhaps you will.

https://github.com/zurb/foundation-sites-6/issues/304

I'm just trying to have a setting so I can do the following:

http://www.mywebsite.com/thepage.html#mytab1

But I think maybe this article is suggesting another way to implement it? If you can understand what they are suggesting and how to get it working, please let me know.

Thanks so much. I will read that over tomorrow.

• Lisa

Rafi - Any help with the menu opening off screen on right top bar menus? Is there something I need to set differently?

• Lisa

Rafi,

Thanks for the link. I haven't used codepen before - pretty slick! Makes it much easier to test things and I don't have to break my real code. :D

I was able to get the sublevel menu working but still have the following issues.

1) From the top bar the menu on the right opens so that the edge of the dropdown menu aligns with the left side of the description. See "Community" menu item and how the very right of the sub menu gets cut off.

2) The sub menu under Support > By Product starts to open to the right but then it figures out there isn't room and bounces to the left. Would like to just tell it to start at the left instead of that? Also on the same issue - is there a variable to have the arrow in front of the description since the 3rd level menu items are opening to the left. For example

Support
        < By Product

OK thanks for clarifying. I have been just starting Gulp because there is a shortcut in WebStorm. Just didn't want to neglect Foundation Start if it did something unique and special.

:)

So do I need to start both? Or just one? Sorry I'm still a bit confused as it looks to me as if Foundation Watch starts Gulp.

• Lisa

Thanks Rafi - that got me on the correct track. To actually change the top bar I needed to modify the top-bar padding that you suggested AND the menu item padding (as this was making the top bar menu too thick. I'm using Sass so the item I changed was this one. Here is my modified code:

$topbar-padding: .4rem; 
$menu-item-padding: 0.3rem 1rem;

When the topbar padding and the menu item padding were the same, the bevel edge of my toolbar disappeared - hence the difference.

Thanks for all your help! I'm up and running the most current version now and able to update it. Life is good. :D

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content