Menu icon Foundation

Designer | Tucson, Arizona

I'm a photographer and kind of a web designer, although, I wouldn't really call myself either. I've been designing websites for a lot of years but don't know enough about it to do it professionally. My passion is photography and that's a constant learning process for me.

My Posts

My Comments

Brian Hughes commented on Toby Stokes's post almost 5 years

Old post, I know, but I've been trying to adjust the medium breakpoint to a smaller range but I can't get the changes to take affect. Tried making the changes in _settings.scss and in _global.scss but nothing. The @import "foundation/functions"; line was already uncommented.

What up with that?

Brian Hughes commented on Ruben Schulz's post almost 5 years

I know this is a really old post, but I can't seem to get it to work. Looks like when I add that particular query it also changes my desktop view. I wonder if there's a work-around for this little bit of stuff?

Brian Hughes commented on Brian Hughes's post about 5 years

Thanks, Rafi :) I'll read in to your links and explore a little further.

Dang, that sounds like a pain. Thanks a lot for your reply, Jonathan. My only connection to a really good developer and total php guru who knew everything about any scripting language it seemed moved to texas a few years ago. Since then I've been on my own. lol :/

Installing foundation 4 was super damned easy because of the lynda.com videos I watched. It was very clear and I could follow by example. It's what I needed and still need.

This past weekend, I had to reformat my computer. I wasn't really at a loss because sometimes I just like to start from scratch. I removed all of my ruby installs and foundation projects totally. I have my html/css files all backed up. So actually upgrading isn't an option. I would like to install new. Should I just stick with f4 or is it worth it, as a designer, to make the switch to 5 in your opinion?

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on both releases. Seems like you know your stuff.

Thanks!!

Brian Hughes commented on Leo G's post about 5 years

I don't quite understand your question...

You want to change the width of a single column or you want to change the width of a row? By default, the class row is 100% of it's parent element.

You can assign a class to what ever column you want and adding a custom width via css. I'm assuming you know that since you're working with foundation and have a grasp of css/html. Again, I'm probably misunderstanding you, but:

<div class="large-1 column my_custom_column">HTML</div>
.my_custom_column {
 width: em-calc(100); /* This will translate your pixel width in to ems */
}

Thanks, Brenda. Good luck to you too. And thanks for the replies. If I find information taking us further in to our adventure, I will surely let you know. I'll search for scout.

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Toby Stokes's post almost 5 years

Old post, I know, but I've been trying to adjust the medium breakpoint to a smaller range but I can't get the changes to take affect. Tried making the changes in _settings.scss and in _global.scss but nothing. The @import "foundation/functions"; line was already uncommented.

What up with that?

You commented on Ruben Schulz's post almost 5 years

I know this is a really old post, but I can't seem to get it to work. Looks like when I add that particular query it also changes my desktop view. I wonder if there's a work-around for this little bit of stuff?

You commented on Brian Hughes's post about 5 years

Thanks, Rafi :) I'll read in to your links and explore a little further.

Dang, that sounds like a pain. Thanks a lot for your reply, Jonathan. My only connection to a really good developer and total php guru who knew everything about any scripting language it seemed moved to texas a few years ago. Since then I've been on my own. lol :/

Installing foundation 4 was super damned easy because of the lynda.com videos I watched. It was very clear and I could follow by example. It's what I needed and still need.

This past weekend, I had to reformat my computer. I wasn't really at a loss because sometimes I just like to start from scratch. I removed all of my ruby installs and foundation projects totally. I have my html/css files all backed up. So actually upgrading isn't an option. I would like to install new. Should I just stick with f4 or is it worth it, as a designer, to make the switch to 5 in your opinion?

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on both releases. Seems like you know your stuff.

Thanks!!

You commented on Leo G's post about 5 years

I don't quite understand your question...

You want to change the width of a single column or you want to change the width of a row? By default, the class row is 100% of it's parent element.

You can assign a class to what ever column you want and adding a custom width via css. I'm assuming you know that since you're working with foundation and have a grasp of css/html. Again, I'm probably misunderstanding you, but:

<div class="large-1 column my_custom_column">HTML</div>
.my_custom_column {
 width: em-calc(100); /* This will translate your pixel width in to ems */
}

Thanks, Brenda. Good luck to you too. And thanks for the replies. If I find information taking us further in to our adventure, I will surely let you know. I'll search for scout.

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content