Menu icon Foundation

Coder

25 years internet and alive and kicking!

My Posts

My Comments

Oliver commented on Jason kalawe's post about 3 years

@Uzi Ashkenazi: I use the SASS Version of Bootstrap and it works really perfect and very easy together. I use the whole thing with Bower/Grunt installation setup and all automized. For me Bootstrap is the way better choice and I dont see any advantage over Foundation 6 yet. Having said that i might also not use the last tweaks and fine tune like some others. How ever I am happy and specially the tutorials, help, community and support is another world in compare with Foundation. You are always half alone with Foundation and more and more users jump to Bootstrap. I know personally a lot of users which did this already. Use this link with infos on how to setup a smooth bower/grunt/sass/bootstrap project: http://shermandigital.com/blog/bootstrap-project-with-bower-and-grunt/ works perfect for me!
@powellian: Agree in most parts with you. Foundation is nice and always was... but the lack of documentation and support kills it for me. You are right, next bootstrap 3 or 4 will be also an issue to update BUT as i said the difference is that you are not alone and you find thousands of helpful users.
There is just no argument against the massive user-base and documentation you find for bootstrap aside of the better support in third party scripts. 
In the end everybody has to make up his mind and choose what suits him best, I closed the book on Foundation!

Oliver commented on Jason kalawe's post about 3 years

Same thing here I switched months ago to Bootstrap and I am VERY happy about it. The help and support from community and officially is x100 better. It is a shame, we had a good run with Foundation but nobody here seems to care for us.... so we better RUN!

Oliver commented on Jason kalawe's post over 3 years

I feel really left alone with Foundation since quite some time. Nobody seems to care. I guess it is easier to forget about Foundation and switch to Bootstrap :(
I run like 5 projects on Foundation 5 but did not yet jump over to Foundation 6 and instead do new projects on Bootstrap as well.  

I agree, I think since some time now to move to bootstrap. Way better documentation and bigger user-base out there for help. With foundation I felt many times pretty alone. And I did a lot of projects with F5 already and used to be a big fan. But now I feel like this is the wrong choice more and more and I not even want to start on F6

+1 
now 6 month still no support on this subject. I would like to upgrade to F6 but there seems zero info about this.

Oliver commented on Oliver's post about 5 years

nobody?

Posts Followed

Following

• Uzi Ashkenazi has no published posts

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Jason kalawe's post about 3 years

@Uzi Ashkenazi: I use the SASS Version of Bootstrap and it works really perfect and very easy together. I use the whole thing with Bower/Grunt installation setup and all automized. For me Bootstrap is the way better choice and I dont see any advantage over Foundation 6 yet. Having said that i might also not use the last tweaks and fine tune like some others. How ever I am happy and specially the tutorials, help, community and support is another world in compare with Foundation. You are always half alone with Foundation and more and more users jump to Bootstrap. I know personally a lot of users which did this already. Use this link with infos on how to setup a smooth bower/grunt/sass/bootstrap project: http://shermandigital.com/blog/bootstrap-project-with-bower-and-grunt/ works perfect for me!
@powellian: Agree in most parts with you. Foundation is nice and always was... but the lack of documentation and support kills it for me. You are right, next bootstrap 3 or 4 will be also an issue to update BUT as i said the difference is that you are not alone and you find thousands of helpful users.
There is just no argument against the massive user-base and documentation you find for bootstrap aside of the better support in third party scripts. 
In the end everybody has to make up his mind and choose what suits him best, I closed the book on Foundation!

You commented on Jason kalawe's post about 3 years

Same thing here I switched months ago to Bootstrap and I am VERY happy about it. The help and support from community and officially is x100 better. It is a shame, we had a good run with Foundation but nobody here seems to care for us.... so we better RUN!

You commented on Jason kalawe's post over 3 years

I feel really left alone with Foundation since quite some time. Nobody seems to care. I guess it is easier to forget about Foundation and switch to Bootstrap :(
I run like 5 projects on Foundation 5 but did not yet jump over to Foundation 6 and instead do new projects on Bootstrap as well.  

I agree, I think since some time now to move to bootstrap. Way better documentation and bigger user-base out there for help. With foundation I felt many times pretty alone. And I did a lot of projects with F5 already and used to be a big fan. But now I feel like this is the wrong choice more and more and I not even want to start on F6

+1 
now 6 month still no support on this subject. I would like to upgrade to F6 but there seems zero info about this.

You commented on Oliver's post about 5 years

nobody?

Posts Followed

Following

• Uzi Ashkenazi has no published posts

Followers

• No Content