Menu icon Foundation

My Posts

No Content

My Comments

James Craine commented on James Cocker's post almost 6 years

In response to Jordan's post about finding a polyfill to handle Ecmascript 5, to get Foundation JS working - I tried to use an ES5-Shim: https://github.com/kriskowal/es5-shim/

I couldn't seem to get this to work - although I could very well be doing something wrong. Has anyone had any success with getting the F5 Javascript to work in IE8?

I do realise it's a bit ridiculous at this point trying to polyfill everything - but I'm just looking for an interim solution until our company drops IE support in April next year. Would be nice to be able to work with F5 up until then, and still have the so-so IE8 support to keep clients quiet.

James Craine commented on James Cocker's post almost 6 years

Thanks for this post - this will come in handy. Would you place those polyfils in the Head or before the closing body?

Is there any 'magic' library that can make Foundation's JS run in IE? Not sure where to start with that one and I really need to build for IE sadly.

James Craine commented on Cyrus David's post almost 6 years

I'd like to know this as well. Seems a bit inconsistent with the JS language conventions.

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

No Content

My Comments

You commented on James Cocker's post almost 6 years

In response to Jordan's post about finding a polyfill to handle Ecmascript 5, to get Foundation JS working - I tried to use an ES5-Shim: https://github.com/kriskowal/es5-shim/

I couldn't seem to get this to work - although I could very well be doing something wrong. Has anyone had any success with getting the F5 Javascript to work in IE8?

I do realise it's a bit ridiculous at this point trying to polyfill everything - but I'm just looking for an interim solution until our company drops IE support in April next year. Would be nice to be able to work with F5 up until then, and still have the so-so IE8 support to keep clients quiet.

You commented on James Cocker's post almost 6 years

Thanks for this post - this will come in handy. Would you place those polyfils in the Head or before the closing body?

Is there any 'magic' library that can make Foundation's JS run in IE? Not sure where to start with that one and I really need to build for IE sadly.

You commented on Cyrus David's post almost 6 years

I'd like to know this as well. Seems a bit inconsistent with the JS language conventions.

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content