Menu icon Foundation

Designer

My Posts

Replies
  • Topbar Breakpoint problem

By Paddy Ogee

breakpointtopbar

Hello, I am having a problem with topbar breakpoint. I have 2 sites using the same _settings.scss files. The breakpoint is set to 64em. However, for some reason on one site, the mobile version disappears at 40em, and the normal menu does not actual... (continued)

Last Reply by Rafi Benkual over 3 years ago

My Comments

Paddy Ogee commented on Paddy Ogee's post over 4 years

Any takers on this one?

Just to add... the height expands on load then goes back to the correct height. I have inspected using chrome tools etc but can't spot what is causing the behaviour.

Sussed it! I had changed to compiling with sass but forgot to remove the foundation.css file - that was the reason for the garbled result.

Hey Steve, sorry I am not picking these up. I thought I had email notification set up.

Anyway, the copdepen example isn't what I was looking for. The breakpoint should be at 64em/1024px

I have:

$topbar-breakpoint: 1024px; // Change to 9999px for always mobile layout
$topbar-media-query: "only screen and (min-width: 1024px)";

but as mentioned the small hamburger icon etc disappears at 40em/640px it should stay until 64em

Still exhibiting this strange behaviour.

Any other takers on this one? Still an issue.

Thanks Steve. Sorry I took so long to reply. Things got in the way.

I have tried many different way to sort this.

This is a work in progress but: https://sky-blue-trading.myshopify.com is the site.

Be great if I can get it sorted

Thanks

Paddy Ogee commented on Paddy Ogee's post almost 5 years

Thanks everyone for replying. This really helped. I did try the above and nothing happened. However, it then forced me to go back to basics, so I reloaded 'everything' required from the 5.0.3 download and all worked. I can't tell you specifically what caused it but suspect that I may have inadvertently left the 5.0.2 foundation folder up with 5.0.3 foundation.min.js

Anyway it is now resolved, so thanks to you all!

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Paddy Ogee's post over 4 years

Any takers on this one?

Just to add... the height expands on load then goes back to the correct height. I have inspected using chrome tools etc but can't spot what is causing the behaviour.

Sussed it! I had changed to compiling with sass but forgot to remove the foundation.css file - that was the reason for the garbled result.

Hey Steve, sorry I am not picking these up. I thought I had email notification set up.

Anyway, the copdepen example isn't what I was looking for. The breakpoint should be at 64em/1024px

I have:

$topbar-breakpoint: 1024px; // Change to 9999px for always mobile layout
$topbar-media-query: "only screen and (min-width: 1024px)";

but as mentioned the small hamburger icon etc disappears at 40em/640px it should stay until 64em

Still exhibiting this strange behaviour.

Any other takers on this one? Still an issue.

Thanks Steve. Sorry I took so long to reply. Things got in the way.

I have tried many different way to sort this.

This is a work in progress but: https://sky-blue-trading.myshopify.com is the site.

Be great if I can get it sorted

Thanks

You commented on Paddy Ogee's post almost 5 years

Thanks everyone for replying. This really helped. I did try the above and nothing happened. However, it then forced me to go back to basics, so I reloaded 'everything' required from the 5.0.3 download and all worked. I can't tell you specifically what caused it but suspect that I may have inadvertently left the 5.0.2 foundation folder up with 5.0.3 foundation.min.js

Anyway it is now resolved, so thanks to you all!

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content