Menu icon Foundation

My Posts

Replies
  • Ink expander problem

By Oliver Radini

inkemail

I wonder if anyone has any input with this. The tool I use (and have to use) to send emails forces in   characters into empty cells. This is rather annoying when using Ink as it relies on empty cells (Expanders) being empty. When those cells have ... (continued)

Last Reply by Jared Bartlett about 1 year ago

My Comments

Oliver Radini commented on Oliver Radini's post about 3 years

I'm afraid I don't have a perfect solution.

In the end I added an transparent, 1 pixel square image into each expander. I set the image to not display using css, and to have no width or height. This works for some clients but not all, but in does normally ensure that the cell only takes at most 1 single pixel. It's not a great solution at all, but it is the best I ahve on it.

Oliver Radini commented on Oliver Radini's post over 3 years

Thanks @Joe Windeknecht - I'll give it a try. Is it generally considered best practice to have each row as a container? Does it tend to help with this kind of thing?

Joe - thanks, I've added an image now. Hopefully that will help to determine what is causing the problem.

Corey - thanks for the link, I've had a quick read and I think there might be some stuff there to help, thanks.

It's a fairly bespoke system to the industry I work in. I just wish it wouldn't change my html :P It would be good if there was some way around this though. Maybe setting display to none on expanders?

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Oliver Radini's post about 3 years

I'm afraid I don't have a perfect solution.

In the end I added an transparent, 1 pixel square image into each expander. I set the image to not display using css, and to have no width or height. This works for some clients but not all, but in does normally ensure that the cell only takes at most 1 single pixel. It's not a great solution at all, but it is the best I ahve on it.

You commented on Oliver Radini's post over 3 years

Thanks @Joe Windeknecht - I'll give it a try. Is it generally considered best practice to have each row as a container? Does it tend to help with this kind of thing?

Joe - thanks, I've added an image now. Hopefully that will help to determine what is causing the problem.

Corey - thanks for the link, I've had a quick read and I think there might be some stuff there to help, thanks.

It's a fairly bespoke system to the industry I work in. I just wish it wouldn't change my html :P It would be good if there was some way around this though. Maybe setting display to none on expanders?

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content