Menu icon Foundation

Designer

My Posts

My Comments

Gavnosis commented on Gavnosis's post over 1 year

Thank you for this. Just feels on-the-edge-crazy to overwrite a Foundation core file ;-)
Seriously, I didn’t realise it wouldn’t get overwritten (with browser sync?)
And is the reason for not wanting a second CSS file of overrides as much to do with the performance hit of two file connections in the head section of the page as it is of duplication?
The least comfortable bit of all of this is trying to accept the whole ton of files which I have to upload to a web server just to get a responsive page with a nice navigation...

Gavnosis commented on Robbert Stapel's post over 1 year

Did you ever find an answer to this? It's exactly what I was wondering how to do, too...

Gavnosis commented on Gavnosis's post over 5 years

Actually I think it's a media query, as per http://foundation.zurb.com/docs/v/4.3.2/media-queries.html

@media only screen and (min-width: 768px) {}

Gavnosis commented on Gavnosis's post over 5 years

Thank you Rafi!

...but if I set min-height as you suggest, is there a way to disregard this when the Foundation grid is anything other than class="large-12" i.e. I don't want a minimum height to be applied for smartphones or tablets - I did caveat this with "I might be over-complicating things..." ;-)

Also, are you suggesting that I add an additional class to the header, and specify max-width: 100% (And therefore remove the 'section' wrapper)?

<header class="row group fancy-background">

And then

.fancy-background {
  max-width: 100%;
  min-height: 300px;
}

I'm very happy writing CSS (and 'transitioning' to SASS!) ...but feel like I'm wearing thick gloves when I'm using Foundation's pre-built classes to achieve a responsive grid!

Posts Followed

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Gavnosis's post over 1 year

Thank you for this. Just feels on-the-edge-crazy to overwrite a Foundation core file ;-)
Seriously, I didn’t realise it wouldn’t get overwritten (with browser sync?)
And is the reason for not wanting a second CSS file of overrides as much to do with the performance hit of two file connections in the head section of the page as it is of duplication?
The least comfortable bit of all of this is trying to accept the whole ton of files which I have to upload to a web server just to get a responsive page with a nice navigation...

You commented on Robbert Stapel's post over 1 year

Did you ever find an answer to this? It's exactly what I was wondering how to do, too...

You commented on Gavnosis's post over 5 years

Actually I think it's a media query, as per http://foundation.zurb.com/docs/v/4.3.2/media-queries.html

@media only screen and (min-width: 768px) {}

You commented on Gavnosis's post over 5 years

Thank you Rafi!

...but if I set min-height as you suggest, is there a way to disregard this when the Foundation grid is anything other than class="large-12" i.e. I don't want a minimum height to be applied for smartphones or tablets - I did caveat this with "I might be over-complicating things..." ;-)

Also, are you suggesting that I add an additional class to the header, and specify max-width: 100% (And therefore remove the 'section' wrapper)?

<header class="row group fancy-background">

And then

.fancy-background {
  max-width: 100%;
  min-height: 300px;
}

I'm very happy writing CSS (and 'transitioning' to SASS!) ...but feel like I'm wearing thick gloves when I'm using Foundation's pre-built classes to achieve a responsive grid!

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content