Menu icon Foundation

My Posts

• NEW
  • Top Bar Title RTL

By Amos Shacham

rtl

Hey,   Looks like the top bar title does not conform to the "global-text-direction" setting and just float the title to the left at all times. Am I right or am I doing something wrong?   Thanks, Amos

My Comments

Amos Shacham commented on samjin's post about 4 years

I see now what you mean, but the regular grid you created is not a 12 columns grid and that too is part of the problem I think.

But I understand now what you mean - block-grid is useful for a list of items that comes one after the other, without the possibility to put them in separate rows. Best scenario for this is dynamic content.

Thanks!

Ok, thanks - that makes sense.

But what I don't understand is some of the replies here, for example even your own:

schlubadub: "[on block-grid] The borders won't line up at all for uneven heights. If you're not using borders then you probably could just use the block-grid."

Brandon Arnold: "Blockgrids are aware of how many blocks there are before they stack, so we can, through scss, insert a clear after that number (every 3 in this case). This way, even with variable height, they won;t stack."

and also yours: "block grid adjusts its formation to page width based on the classes you choose like small-block-3. This is not desirable if you want to keep the layout consistent on different devices.."

Lastly - I wonder what is the difference of building a static x-column layout with grid vs block-grid.

Thanks!

Another thing I noticed is that the block grid can span all over the screen (if not inside a 'row') while the grid maximum (default) width is 1000 pixels.

But, please help me understand - on both the grid and the block grid, it seems like different height content will have different height borders, and both don't make the height even... What am I missing?

Posts Followed

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on samjin's post about 4 years

I see now what you mean, but the regular grid you created is not a 12 columns grid and that too is part of the problem I think.

But I understand now what you mean - block-grid is useful for a list of items that comes one after the other, without the possibility to put them in separate rows. Best scenario for this is dynamic content.

Thanks!

Ok, thanks - that makes sense.

But what I don't understand is some of the replies here, for example even your own:

schlubadub: "[on block-grid] The borders won't line up at all for uneven heights. If you're not using borders then you probably could just use the block-grid."

Brandon Arnold: "Blockgrids are aware of how many blocks there are before they stack, so we can, through scss, insert a clear after that number (every 3 in this case). This way, even with variable height, they won;t stack."

and also yours: "block grid adjusts its formation to page width based on the classes you choose like small-block-3. This is not desirable if you want to keep the layout consistent on different devices.."

Lastly - I wonder what is the difference of building a static x-column layout with grid vs block-grid.

Thanks!

Another thing I noticed is that the block grid can span all over the screen (if not inside a 'row') while the grid maximum (default) width is 1000 pixels.

But, please help me understand - on both the grid and the block grid, it seems like different height content will have different height borders, and both don't make the height even... What am I missing?

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content