Menu icon Foundation

My Posts

My Comments

Brian Martin commented on Brian Martin's post almost 4 years

Any takers?

Am I crazy to think from a UX perspective that hitting the back button (to return to search results or whatever the user was previously on) is a bit of a confusing experience if you have to scroll through 10+ History results just for simply scrolling up and down a page?

Trust me I'm down to use this technique if its truly, widely accepted, but it logs EVERY individual section of the page as a seperate history event when you scroll up or down which REALLY clogs up my history.

Just my two cents, if there's a better SEO option for Single page websites I'm all ears!

:)

Nathaniel, your site looks pretty amazing, but it renders the back button somewhat useless. I got pretty confused when I looked at my "history" and was loading each individual section of the page based on the scroll position.

Was this a mistake? Would love to see this work without all the strange "back button history" problem.

Brian Martin commented on Brian Martin's post almost 6 years

Was your site built on SCSS? Maybe that might have something to do with it... I'm going for pure CSS overwrites and having no luck.

Clayton, really do appreciate the reply but I'm still unable to overwrite the code for some reason. Anyone else know of any hacks for this?

Is that CSS?

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Brian Martin's post almost 4 years

Any takers?

Am I crazy to think from a UX perspective that hitting the back button (to return to search results or whatever the user was previously on) is a bit of a confusing experience if you have to scroll through 10+ History results just for simply scrolling up and down a page?

Trust me I'm down to use this technique if its truly, widely accepted, but it logs EVERY individual section of the page as a seperate history event when you scroll up or down which REALLY clogs up my history.

Just my two cents, if there's a better SEO option for Single page websites I'm all ears!

:)

Nathaniel, your site looks pretty amazing, but it renders the back button somewhat useless. I got pretty confused when I looked at my "history" and was loading each individual section of the page based on the scroll position.

Was this a mistake? Would love to see this work without all the strange "back button history" problem.

You commented on Brian Martin's post almost 6 years

Was your site built on SCSS? Maybe that might have something to do with it... I'm going for pure CSS overwrites and having no luck.

Clayton, really do appreciate the reply but I'm still unable to overwrite the code for some reason. Anyone else know of any hacks for this?

Is that CSS?

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

• No Content

Followers