Menu icon Foundation

My Posts

No Content

My Comments

E. Smythe commented on E. Smythe's post almost 4 years

Nils,

I ended up doing this. Sorry for the formatting problems in this post. I don't know why Zurb insists on using its own forum software.

1. Open bower.json. Change the dependency versions (foundation-sites and anything else in the "dependencies" json object) by finding the latest production tags at https://github.com/zurb/foundation-sites, https://github.com/zurb/motion-ui, etc. So for example I have at the moment: "dependencies": { "foundation-sites": "~6.1.2", "motion-ui": "~1.2.0", "owl": "~1.3.2" },
  2. bower update --force foundation-sites

3. Confirm the update to your local bower_updates/ source directory. Go to github, compare two tags (the new one you just upgraded to and the previous one you were using) to find changes. Randomly choose a change and make sure it's in your local bower_updates/ directory. How to compare two tags on github: https://help.github.com/articles/comparing-commits-across-time/
    Example: https://github.com/zurb/motion-ui/compare/v1.1.1...v1.2.0

4. npm start build, as usual, to build your project with the updated source

HTH.

If it helps... I'm using the dropdown pane inside a blockgrid http://foundation.zurb.com/sites/docs/grid.html

Thanks for the reply. small and tiny classes aren't working because some JS in foundation is applying this inline style:

top: 250px; left: -93px; width: 1414px; height: auto;

As you know inline styles take precedence over classes.

Any other ideas?

thank you!

E. Smythe commented on Alec Stewart's post almost 4 years

If you're using drilldown menu with the topbar, Brian's ideas won't help completely. The flash is still there. It's easier to only add the drilldown menu to the DOM if/when the user clicks on the topbar using javascript.

I also update bower.json:

{
  "name": "foundation-ssg",
  "version": "1.0.0",
  "authors": [
    "ZURB <foundation@zurb.com>"
  ],
  "description": "Static site generator for Foundation for Sites.",
  "main": "gulpfile.js",
  "license": "MIT",
  "ignore": [
    "**/.*",
    "node_modules",
    "bower_components",
    "test",
    "tests"
  ],
  "dependencies": {
    "foundation-sites": "~6.0.6", // Changed from 6.0.0
    "motion-ui": "~1.1.0"
  },
  "private": true
}

then ran "bower update foundation-sites"... output was this:

bower foundation-sites#~6.0.6   cached git://github.com/zurb/foundation-sites.git#6.0.6
bower foundation-sites#~6.0.6 validate 6.0.6 against git://github.com/zurb/foundation-sites.git#~6.0.6
bower foundation-sites#~6.0.6  install foundation-sites#6.0.6

but the code (e.g. bower_components/foundation-sites/js/foundation.drilldown.js) hasn't been updated.

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the reply. Here's the output I received for "bower update" in the project root:

$ bower update
bower motion-ui#~1.1.0          cached git://github.com/zurb/motion-ui.git#1.1.1
bower motion-ui#~1.1.0        validate 1.1.1 against git://github.com/zurb/motion-ui.git#~1.1.0
bower foundation-sites#~6.0.0   cached git://github.com/zurb/foundation-sites.git#6.0.6
bower foundation-sites#~6.0.0 validate 6.0.6 against git://github.com/zurb/foundation-sites.git#~6.0.0
bower owl#~1.3.2                cached git://github.com/OwlFonk/OwlCarousel.git#1.3.2
bower owl#~1.3.2              validate 1.3.2 against git://github.com/OwlFonk/OwlCarousel.git#~1.3.2
bower jquery#~2.1.4             cached git://github.com/jquery/jquery.git#2.1.4
bower jquery#~2.1.4           validate 2.1.4 against git://github.com/jquery/jquery.git#~2.1.4
bower what-input#~1.1.2         cached git://github.com/ten1seven/what-input.git#1.1.4
bower what-input#~1.1.2       validate 1.1.4 against git://github.com/ten1seven/what-input.git#~1.1.2

when I execute "git status" for my project, I don't see any changes. When I look at CHANGELOG.md, I still see the original changelog:

$ cat CHANGELOG.md
# Changelog

## Version 1.0 (November 19, 2015)

so I assume this isn't actually getting anything from the foundation github repo?

How do I know anything's been updated?

Thank you.

Thanks, Brian. That's not ideal since the menu can be seen briefly during load, as I'm sure you know. I'm really good as JS and could probably fix the underlying problem if only I knew more about Foundation plugins.

...and I see this :

.is-dropdown-menu.vertical, .is-dropdown-menu.vertical-medium {
  width: 100px; }
  .is-dropdown-menu.vertical.align-right, .is-dropdown-menu.align-right.vertical-medium {
    float: right; }
  .is-dropdown-menu.vertical > li .submenu, .is-dropdown-menu.vertical-medium > li .submenu {
    top: 0;
    left: 100%; }

but I want to use the drilldown menu and the dropdown menu both (dropdown for medium/large screens; drilldown with stacking menus on small screens)

I've tried this but it's not removing at small screenwidths:

.vertical-medium {
  // Only affects medium screens and larger
  @include breakpoint(medium) {
    @extend .vertical;
  }
}

Rafi, thanks for the reply, but that doesn't help. Did you read my post? I wrote: "As a test, I've added this to src/pages/index.html. After building and loading index.html into a browser, the code is rendered as-is ... no evaluation was done."

So, what am I doing wrong?

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

No Content

My Comments

You commented on E. Smythe's post almost 4 years

Nils,

I ended up doing this. Sorry for the formatting problems in this post. I don't know why Zurb insists on using its own forum software.

1. Open bower.json. Change the dependency versions (foundation-sites and anything else in the "dependencies" json object) by finding the latest production tags at https://github.com/zurb/foundation-sites, https://github.com/zurb/motion-ui, etc. So for example I have at the moment: "dependencies": { "foundation-sites": "~6.1.2", "motion-ui": "~1.2.0", "owl": "~1.3.2" },
  2. bower update --force foundation-sites

3. Confirm the update to your local bower_updates/ source directory. Go to github, compare two tags (the new one you just upgraded to and the previous one you were using) to find changes. Randomly choose a change and make sure it's in your local bower_updates/ directory. How to compare two tags on github: https://help.github.com/articles/comparing-commits-across-time/
    Example: https://github.com/zurb/motion-ui/compare/v1.1.1...v1.2.0

4. npm start build, as usual, to build your project with the updated source

HTH.

If it helps... I'm using the dropdown pane inside a blockgrid http://foundation.zurb.com/sites/docs/grid.html

Thanks for the reply. small and tiny classes aren't working because some JS in foundation is applying this inline style:

top: 250px; left: -93px; width: 1414px; height: auto;

As you know inline styles take precedence over classes.

Any other ideas?

thank you!

You commented on Alec Stewart's post almost 4 years

If you're using drilldown menu with the topbar, Brian's ideas won't help completely. The flash is still there. It's easier to only add the drilldown menu to the DOM if/when the user clicks on the topbar using javascript.

I also update bower.json:

{
  "name": "foundation-ssg",
  "version": "1.0.0",
  "authors": [
    "ZURB <foundation@zurb.com>"
  ],
  "description": "Static site generator for Foundation for Sites.",
  "main": "gulpfile.js",
  "license": "MIT",
  "ignore": [
    "**/.*",
    "node_modules",
    "bower_components",
    "test",
    "tests"
  ],
  "dependencies": {
    "foundation-sites": "~6.0.6", // Changed from 6.0.0
    "motion-ui": "~1.1.0"
  },
  "private": true
}

then ran "bower update foundation-sites"... output was this:

bower foundation-sites#~6.0.6   cached git://github.com/zurb/foundation-sites.git#6.0.6
bower foundation-sites#~6.0.6 validate 6.0.6 against git://github.com/zurb/foundation-sites.git#~6.0.6
bower foundation-sites#~6.0.6  install foundation-sites#6.0.6

but the code (e.g. bower_components/foundation-sites/js/foundation.drilldown.js) hasn't been updated.

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the reply. Here's the output I received for "bower update" in the project root:

$ bower update
bower motion-ui#~1.1.0          cached git://github.com/zurb/motion-ui.git#1.1.1
bower motion-ui#~1.1.0        validate 1.1.1 against git://github.com/zurb/motion-ui.git#~1.1.0
bower foundation-sites#~6.0.0   cached git://github.com/zurb/foundation-sites.git#6.0.6
bower foundation-sites#~6.0.0 validate 6.0.6 against git://github.com/zurb/foundation-sites.git#~6.0.0
bower owl#~1.3.2                cached git://github.com/OwlFonk/OwlCarousel.git#1.3.2
bower owl#~1.3.2              validate 1.3.2 against git://github.com/OwlFonk/OwlCarousel.git#~1.3.2
bower jquery#~2.1.4             cached git://github.com/jquery/jquery.git#2.1.4
bower jquery#~2.1.4           validate 2.1.4 against git://github.com/jquery/jquery.git#~2.1.4
bower what-input#~1.1.2         cached git://github.com/ten1seven/what-input.git#1.1.4
bower what-input#~1.1.2       validate 1.1.4 against git://github.com/ten1seven/what-input.git#~1.1.2

when I execute "git status" for my project, I don't see any changes. When I look at CHANGELOG.md, I still see the original changelog:

$ cat CHANGELOG.md
# Changelog

## Version 1.0 (November 19, 2015)

so I assume this isn't actually getting anything from the foundation github repo?

How do I know anything's been updated?

Thank you.

Thanks, Brian. That's not ideal since the menu can be seen briefly during load, as I'm sure you know. I'm really good as JS and could probably fix the underlying problem if only I knew more about Foundation plugins.

...and I see this :

.is-dropdown-menu.vertical, .is-dropdown-menu.vertical-medium {
  width: 100px; }
  .is-dropdown-menu.vertical.align-right, .is-dropdown-menu.align-right.vertical-medium {
    float: right; }
  .is-dropdown-menu.vertical > li .submenu, .is-dropdown-menu.vertical-medium > li .submenu {
    top: 0;
    left: 100%; }

but I want to use the drilldown menu and the dropdown menu both (dropdown for medium/large screens; drilldown with stacking menus on small screens)

I've tried this but it's not removing at small screenwidths:

.vertical-medium {
  // Only affects medium screens and larger
  @include breakpoint(medium) {
    @extend .vertical;
  }
}

Rafi, thanks for the reply, but that doesn't help. Did you read my post? I wrote: "As a test, I've added this to src/pages/index.html. After building and loading index.html into a browser, the code is rendered as-is ... no evaluation was done."

So, what am I doing wrong?

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content