Menu icon Foundation

My Posts

My Comments

E. Smythe commented on E. Smythe's post 3 months

Thanks for the reply. In the screenshot you included, I don't see height.... just font-size and display: inline-block. Did you mean font-size? I wonder how other people are aligning these. Also, if they had a height, why would that affect the vertical alignment?

E. Smythe commented on Alec Stewart's post over 1 year

Which solutions did you try? If they are not working, I suspect your implemented them incorrectly. Maybe you can share your code so we can check?

E. Smythe commented on E. Smythe's post almost 2 years

Still no answer?

E. Smythe commented on Rafi Benkual's post almost 2 years

I'll pay you the same hourly rate that you paid to use Foundation.
Actually, I did pay them for support. I think it was $99 per incident? Thanks, I'll send you my paypal email address.

By helping find bugs, you helped contribute to a large open source project used by thousands (millions?) of people. That's gotta be worth something! :)
It sure is. Until they launch F7, rending all contributions useless.

Who will give me back the many hours I lost by debugging Foundation 6 bugs?

It's not possible to hide the menu for large screens without it "flashing". That is, it shows on first load and only after the DOM is loaded does it hide. Why?

Here's how I worked around a significant problem with it:

<div id="fp-hamburger-small" class="title-bar">
      <button class="menu-icon" type="button"></button>
      <div class="title-bar-title">menu</div>
      {{!-- the mobile drilldown menu is added dynamically in app.js on first click here. this is because, when it was part of the initial DOM, i was not able to hide it initially without significant trouble. the menu *must* be shown on first load else it never displays properly as of Foundation 6.1.1. I tried many, many things over many hours on different days. this is the best solution for now. --}}
    </div>

and then...

var firstBurgerClick = true;
var navMenuPrefix =
  '<div id="fp-small-navmenu"><ul id="fp-small-navmenu-ul" class="vertical menu" data-drilldown>',
  navMenuSuffix = '</ul></div>';

$(function() { // on doc ready,
  $("#fp-hamburger-small").on('click', function() {
    if (firstBurgerClick) {
      firstBurgerClick = false;
      $(this).parent().append(navMenuPrefix + $("#jaxWasHere").html() + navMenuSuffix);
      $("#fp-small-navmenu").foundation(); // init the plugin
    }

Fun, right?

E. Smythe commented on Russel Porosky's post almost 2 years

@Rafi Benkual, what do you say about the critique that new releases are fixing bugs while introducing new ones? i.e., two steps forward, one step back? (or maybe even two steps back, one step forward...depending on the release in question)

I'm not going to go through my specific examples

Maybe I'll give just one. I make extensive use of dropdown panes (NOT dropdown menu) : http://foundation.zurb.com/sites/docs/dropdown.html inside accordions: http://foundation.zurb.com/sites/docs/accordion.html

The panes display fine in 6.0-6.0.6. As soon as I upgrade to 6.1.x -- any version -- the panes display GIANT WIDTH AND GIANT FONTSIZE on everything but Firefox desktop...mobile, tablet, desktop Chrome, etc (Well I didn't test with every possible platform and browser, but enough to know there's a bug).

No changes to my codebase. At all.

I have other examples, too.

At first I was afraid to upgrade. Now I'm at the point that I won't upgrade. I don't have the time or resources to regression test everything because of upgrading Foundation.

I hope these issues are not just in our heads.

They are not. I'm not going to go through my specific examples, what are different than yours, but I'm not happy and considering the same path you've taken.

Posts Followed

Replies
  • So Long and Farewell

By Russel Porosky

bug

I used to love Foundation. It made all the things (well, most of them) nice and easy with a relative minimum of class name overhead. My designers would have their way with things and I never worried about whether or not those things would be troublesome. ... (continued)

Last Reply by Designer about 1 year ago

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on E. Smythe's post 3 months

Thanks for the reply. In the screenshot you included, I don't see height.... just font-size and display: inline-block. Did you mean font-size? I wonder how other people are aligning these. Also, if they had a height, why would that affect the vertical alignment?

You commented on Alec Stewart's post over 1 year

Which solutions did you try? If they are not working, I suspect your implemented them incorrectly. Maybe you can share your code so we can check?

You commented on E. Smythe's post almost 2 years

Still no answer?

You commented on Rafi Benkual's post almost 2 years

I'll pay you the same hourly rate that you paid to use Foundation.
Actually, I did pay them for support. I think it was $99 per incident? Thanks, I'll send you my paypal email address.

By helping find bugs, you helped contribute to a large open source project used by thousands (millions?) of people. That's gotta be worth something! :)
It sure is. Until they launch F7, rending all contributions useless.

Who will give me back the many hours I lost by debugging Foundation 6 bugs?

It's not possible to hide the menu for large screens without it "flashing". That is, it shows on first load and only after the DOM is loaded does it hide. Why?

Here's how I worked around a significant problem with it:

<div id="fp-hamburger-small" class="title-bar">
      <button class="menu-icon" type="button"></button>
      <div class="title-bar-title">menu</div>
      {{!-- the mobile drilldown menu is added dynamically in app.js on first click here. this is because, when it was part of the initial DOM, i was not able to hide it initially without significant trouble. the menu *must* be shown on first load else it never displays properly as of Foundation 6.1.1. I tried many, many things over many hours on different days. this is the best solution for now. --}}
    </div>

and then...

var firstBurgerClick = true;
var navMenuPrefix =
  '<div id="fp-small-navmenu"><ul id="fp-small-navmenu-ul" class="vertical menu" data-drilldown>',
  navMenuSuffix = '</ul></div>';

$(function() { // on doc ready,
  $("#fp-hamburger-small").on('click', function() {
    if (firstBurgerClick) {
      firstBurgerClick = false;
      $(this).parent().append(navMenuPrefix + $("#jaxWasHere").html() + navMenuSuffix);
      $("#fp-small-navmenu").foundation(); // init the plugin
    }

Fun, right?

You commented on Russel Porosky's post almost 2 years

@Rafi Benkual, what do you say about the critique that new releases are fixing bugs while introducing new ones? i.e., two steps forward, one step back? (or maybe even two steps back, one step forward...depending on the release in question)

I'm not going to go through my specific examples

Maybe I'll give just one. I make extensive use of dropdown panes (NOT dropdown menu) : http://foundation.zurb.com/sites/docs/dropdown.html inside accordions: http://foundation.zurb.com/sites/docs/accordion.html

The panes display fine in 6.0-6.0.6. As soon as I upgrade to 6.1.x -- any version -- the panes display GIANT WIDTH AND GIANT FONTSIZE on everything but Firefox desktop...mobile, tablet, desktop Chrome, etc (Well I didn't test with every possible platform and browser, but enough to know there's a bug).

No changes to my codebase. At all.

I have other examples, too.

At first I was afraid to upgrade. Now I'm at the point that I won't upgrade. I don't have the time or resources to regression test everything because of upgrading Foundation.

I hope these issues are not just in our heads.

They are not. I'm not going to go through my specific examples, what are different than yours, but I'm not happy and considering the same path you've taken.

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content