Menu icon Foundation

Developer | Missoula, MT

My Posts

No Content

My Comments

Colin Marshall commented on Alec Stewart's post almost 3 years

Yes Jade the staging site would be great, my email is colin.michael.marshall at gmail if you want to send me the link.

@Brad Warren sorry for the frustrations you have had. The hard thing about making a framework like Foundation is that you have to account for as many use cases as possible, so we don't want to make Foundation overly opinionated so people can use it how they need to. That requires some user customization to get up and running. Don't give up on us yet though, we're constantly listening to people like yourself and improving Foundation so it's easier for developers of all levels to use.
As far as WordPress vs. Foundation goes, you can't really compare the two because Foundation is a front-end framework and WordPress is a content management system. You can actually use them together, as there are numerous WordPress starter themes that use the Foundation framework. FoundationPress and JointsWP are two I would recommend looking into.

Jade can you please provide a CodePen that demonstrates how you have it setup? thanks.

Colin Marshall commented on Craig Adams's post almost 3 years

I see a white space because the header image hasn't loaded yet. Is that what you are referring to?

@Brad Warren did you attempt the solution I gave in this thread?
Preventing FOUC with the Responsive Navigation is also explained in the Docs here:http://foundation.zurb.com/sites/docs/responsive-navigation.html#preventing-fouc

Colin Marshall commented on Imri Persiado's post over 3 years

And npm install and bower install ran successfully?

@Ian-Daly did you make any changes to your gulpfile after creating the project?

@imri-persiado are you sure that Panini can handle PHP files? See if you can reproduce the problem using a fresh project template with everything as is. So don't change the gulpfile or add php files and see if the problem remains.

Colin Marshall commented on Will's post over 3 years

@Will what happens when you change the default task to run server and watch in parallel?
// Build the site, run the server, and watch for file changes
gulp.task('default',
gulp.series('build', gulp.parallel(server, watch)));

Colin Marshall commented on Nate Carlin's post almost 4 years

Is your JavaScript transpiled with Babel? You can check this by going into your foundation.js file and searching for =>. If this is present anywhere, then your JavaScript has not been transpiled and will not work. If there are no arrow functions present then the problem is something else.

You get the same $(...).foundation is not a function error in the console described in the issue below, so this possibly related, but since you are using the Zurb Template it may be something else.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/35829135/zurb-foundation-6-not-working-on-codeigniter

Posts Followed

Replies
  • js issue

By Imri Persiado

jsgulp

Hello everyone, for some unknown reason my app.js file is changed from what it should be into a single line code when I edit something in my source code(php files). When I first compile it (npm start) I get a fresh new working copy of the js file in my ... (continued)

Last Reply by Colin Marshall over 3 years ago

Replies
  • F6 Foundation is not a function?

By Nate Carlin

F6sites

I am using Yeti Launch to create a site with the Zurb Template (I have also tested w/ CLI). When I create the project everything compiles besides one error "$ gulp.run() has been deprecated. Use task dependencies or gulp.watch task triggering instead." du... (continued)

Last Reply by Colin Marshall almost 4 years ago

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

No Content

My Comments

You commented on Alec Stewart's post almost 3 years

Yes Jade the staging site would be great, my email is colin.michael.marshall at gmail if you want to send me the link.

@Brad Warren sorry for the frustrations you have had. The hard thing about making a framework like Foundation is that you have to account for as many use cases as possible, so we don't want to make Foundation overly opinionated so people can use it how they need to. That requires some user customization to get up and running. Don't give up on us yet though, we're constantly listening to people like yourself and improving Foundation so it's easier for developers of all levels to use.
As far as WordPress vs. Foundation goes, you can't really compare the two because Foundation is a front-end framework and WordPress is a content management system. You can actually use them together, as there are numerous WordPress starter themes that use the Foundation framework. FoundationPress and JointsWP are two I would recommend looking into.

Jade can you please provide a CodePen that demonstrates how you have it setup? thanks.

You commented on Craig Adams's post almost 3 years

I see a white space because the header image hasn't loaded yet. Is that what you are referring to?

@Brad Warren did you attempt the solution I gave in this thread?
Preventing FOUC with the Responsive Navigation is also explained in the Docs here:http://foundation.zurb.com/sites/docs/responsive-navigation.html#preventing-fouc

You commented on Imri Persiado's post over 3 years

And npm install and bower install ran successfully?

@Ian-Daly did you make any changes to your gulpfile after creating the project?

@imri-persiado are you sure that Panini can handle PHP files? See if you can reproduce the problem using a fresh project template with everything as is. So don't change the gulpfile or add php files and see if the problem remains.

You commented on Will's post over 3 years

@Will what happens when you change the default task to run server and watch in parallel?
// Build the site, run the server, and watch for file changes
gulp.task('default',
gulp.series('build', gulp.parallel(server, watch)));

You commented on Nate Carlin's post almost 4 years

Is your JavaScript transpiled with Babel? You can check this by going into your foundation.js file and searching for =>. If this is present anywhere, then your JavaScript has not been transpiled and will not work. If there are no arrow functions present then the problem is something else.

You get the same $(...).foundation is not a function error in the console described in the issue below, so this possibly related, but since you are using the Zurb Template it may be something else.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/35829135/zurb-foundation-6-not-working-on-codeigniter

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content