Menu icon Foundation

My Posts

• Foundation on iPhone X

By kevin neal

Iphone x

How well does the default set up of foundation work with the iPhone X in landscape orientation, is there anything extra we should be doing to accommodate the notch? If so will zurb be adding this, or is it not going to be an issue?   Thanks

Last Reply by Taylor Anthony 20 days ago

My Comments

kevin neal commented on kevin neal's post 29 days

Figured it out - it was nothing to do with being sticky.
I'd forgotten that z-index stacking order is relative to the parent element, so just had to bring the triangle and menu icon into the same parent 

kevin neal commented on kevin neal's post about 1 month

Ah yes thank you!

kevin neal commented on Dalyn Newby's post about 2 months

take a look in the flex box utilities section  https://foundation.zurb.com/sites/docs/flexbox-utilities.html

kevin neal commented on Eskil Ryssmo's post about 2 months

Take a look at using a Block Grid, this is perfect for making equally sized grids

kevin neal commented on Lolo Adele's post 2 months

I just install on a staging server then work remotely using VPN, its not as smooth as working locally but is very flexible

kevin neal commented on kevin neal's post 3 months

Yeah I've already watched that and followed what Kevin did, but it didn't help with the scrollmagic plugin that are in scrollmagic/scrollmagic/uncompressed/plugins

kevin neal commented on Stefano Ravagni's post 3 months

Vertical alignment is a lot easier on the latest version of foundation 6
but you could try adding some css to the images
position: relative;
top: 50%;
transform: translateY(-50%);
so long as the row has a height this should vertically centre

kevin neal commented on kevin neal's post 3 months

I should say I realise its still possible to use equalizer, just wondering if there is now a better way

kevin neal commented on Elisandro Martinez's post 3 months

even some of googles own sites are in the 60's like developers.google.com.

Its still handy for highlighting areas that can be improved, but i personally wouldn't jeopardise user experience in pursuit of a higher score :)

kevin neal commented on Elisandro Martinez's post 3 months

The highest I've got is 68, usually my sites end up being around 60

Posts Followed

Replies
  • Grid system

By Eskil Ryssmo

emailgrid

Hi,  Worked on getting a 3x3 grid system, but when i scale it down to mobile it just looks wrong.  I understand that the row tag is making everything start a new row, but i dont know any other ways to do this. my code looks like this:  ... (continued)

Last Reply by Adam009 about 1 month ago

Replies
  • PageSpeed Insights

By Elisandro Martinez

Googleoptimization

A colleague suggested that I run my website through Google's PageSpeed Insight optimizer.  I ran my site through the optimizer and my site scored a 40.  I then ran many sites through the optimzer including foundation.zurb.com and it scored 64! ... (continued)

Last Reply by john cris 25 days ago

Replies
  • Basic, centered DIV using XY?

By Designer

centeredcenterxy

I don't understand what I'm missing. I went through the XY doc but I can't for the life of me get a simple div to be centered--it's always offset on one side or another. I ditched the offset method because it wasn't working, but the auto cell do... (continued)

Last Reply by Adam009 about 1 month ago

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on kevin neal's post 29 days

Figured it out - it was nothing to do with being sticky.
I'd forgotten that z-index stacking order is relative to the parent element, so just had to bring the triangle and menu icon into the same parent 

You commented on kevin neal's post about 1 month

Ah yes thank you!

You commented on Dalyn Newby's post about 2 months

take a look in the flex box utilities section  https://foundation.zurb.com/sites/docs/flexbox-utilities.html

You commented on Eskil Ryssmo's post about 2 months

Take a look at using a Block Grid, this is perfect for making equally sized grids

You commented on Lolo Adele's post 2 months

I just install on a staging server then work remotely using VPN, its not as smooth as working locally but is very flexible

You commented on kevin neal's post 3 months

Yeah I've already watched that and followed what Kevin did, but it didn't help with the scrollmagic plugin that are in scrollmagic/scrollmagic/uncompressed/plugins

You commented on Stefano Ravagni's post 3 months

Vertical alignment is a lot easier on the latest version of foundation 6
but you could try adding some css to the images
position: relative;
top: 50%;
transform: translateY(-50%);
so long as the row has a height this should vertically centre

You commented on kevin neal's post 3 months

I should say I realise its still possible to use equalizer, just wondering if there is now a better way

You commented on Elisandro Martinez's post 3 months

even some of googles own sites are in the 60's like developers.google.com.

Its still handy for highlighting areas that can be improved, but i personally wouldn't jeopardise user experience in pursuit of a higher score :)

You commented on Elisandro Martinez's post 3 months

The highest I've got is 68, usually my sites end up being around 60

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers