Menu icon Foundation

Coder

My Posts

My Comments

Francis Chung commented on polichinella's post over 3 years

Hi there, I was wondering if you ever figured this out? Thanks in advance.

Francis Chung commented on Dennis's post over 3 years

I've recently discovered Bootsnipp and it has certainly made me think about using Bootstrap rather than Foundation. Having an equivalent site to Bootsnipp for Foundation would be a massive win for the Foundation community.

Francis Chung commented on Dominik Scholz's post almost 4 years

After spending a day trying to fix the Foundation events bug, I found manually hooking up the events worked as laid out in this post (2nd answer)

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13745505/how-to-use-zurb-foundation-reveal-with-open-opened-close-closed-callback-func

Francis Chung commented on Francis Chung's post about 4 years

Hi Chris,

Thanks for looking. I think the problem was caused by the grid that was housing it.
Increasing the size from Small-6 to Small-7 seems to have fixed it.

We're having too many issues with Top-bar on mobile because of our long menu names, so we're planning to replace it was an off canvas menu.

Hi Rafi,

I've correct the URL in the original post. Sorry about that.

For your convenience, it's www.sprachspielspass.de

FYI the Top-bar is wrapped inside a grid (row columns large-9 small-6 i think).

It looks like the Top-bar menu item's font-weight being bold seems to have an effect.
Turning it off seems to fix it.

I tried to change the Media Query Hamburger menu breakpoint by increasing the width, but it didn't seem to have an effect.

Strange that some browsers will render it correctly, whilst others won't.

I did use the Row wrapper before when I was experimenting.

It was interesting that you used a class called PostFix which I never came across before.
Your example was also using collapse which I didn't use.

Also I was using Right and expand on the button. But the small class I use using was affecting a lot of things it turns out. The search bar was based on the example from the Foundation Doc that "mutated" over time :)

It would be very helpful for new comers if there was documentation explaining some of these useful css classes like Collapse & Postfix. Do you know if there are any by any chance?

I have rebased the search bar based on your codepen and also included a media query to readjust the min-height that was being applied by Foundation that makes the modal very tall on small screens.

Thanks for your help again, Rafi !

Hi Rafi,

If you click on the top right button, the reveal modal pops up.

I've tried to use the grid with columns classes to make the contents of the reveal modal (Search text & button) responsive but I haven't been able to get it to work.

It's as if those classes have no effect for items within the modal itself.

It looks like there were some Javascript errors that weirdly prevented it from working on the Homepage.

Thanks for the spot, Klevis!
All fixed now :)

Yes, it's http://sprachspielspass.de/

On the homepage, if you press the top right search/suchen button, nothing happens.
Goto any of the category pages, click again the reveal modal pops up.

Thanks.

Posts Followed

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on polichinella's post over 3 years

Hi there, I was wondering if you ever figured this out? Thanks in advance.

You commented on Dennis's post over 3 years

I've recently discovered Bootsnipp and it has certainly made me think about using Bootstrap rather than Foundation. Having an equivalent site to Bootsnipp for Foundation would be a massive win for the Foundation community.

You commented on Dominik Scholz's post almost 4 years

After spending a day trying to fix the Foundation events bug, I found manually hooking up the events worked as laid out in this post (2nd answer)

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13745505/how-to-use-zurb-foundation-reveal-with-open-opened-close-closed-callback-func

You commented on Francis Chung's post about 4 years

Hi Chris,

Thanks for looking. I think the problem was caused by the grid that was housing it.
Increasing the size from Small-6 to Small-7 seems to have fixed it.

We're having too many issues with Top-bar on mobile because of our long menu names, so we're planning to replace it was an off canvas menu.

Hi Rafi,

I've correct the URL in the original post. Sorry about that.

For your convenience, it's www.sprachspielspass.de

FYI the Top-bar is wrapped inside a grid (row columns large-9 small-6 i think).

It looks like the Top-bar menu item's font-weight being bold seems to have an effect.
Turning it off seems to fix it.

I tried to change the Media Query Hamburger menu breakpoint by increasing the width, but it didn't seem to have an effect.

Strange that some browsers will render it correctly, whilst others won't.

I did use the Row wrapper before when I was experimenting.

It was interesting that you used a class called PostFix which I never came across before.
Your example was also using collapse which I didn't use.

Also I was using Right and expand on the button. But the small class I use using was affecting a lot of things it turns out. The search bar was based on the example from the Foundation Doc that "mutated" over time :)

It would be very helpful for new comers if there was documentation explaining some of these useful css classes like Collapse & Postfix. Do you know if there are any by any chance?

I have rebased the search bar based on your codepen and also included a media query to readjust the min-height that was being applied by Foundation that makes the modal very tall on small screens.

Thanks for your help again, Rafi !

Hi Rafi,

If you click on the top right button, the reveal modal pops up.

I've tried to use the grid with columns classes to make the contents of the reveal modal (Search text & button) responsive but I haven't been able to get it to work.

It's as if those classes have no effect for items within the modal itself.

It looks like there were some Javascript errors that weirdly prevented it from working on the Homepage.

Thanks for the spot, Klevis!
All fixed now :)

Yes, it's http://sprachspielspass.de/

On the homepage, if you press the top right search/suchen button, nothing happens.
Goto any of the category pages, click again the reveal modal pops up.

Thanks.

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content