Menu icon Foundation

My Posts

No Content

My Comments

Erik M commented on Kevin Coyle's post over 1 year

Hey Kevin!

You did the perfect workaround, but I think it would be best if it was configurable as well. An Alpha version actually did contain that functionality on a settings page, but we removed that page altogether to keep things more streamlined. The feedback is useful, so thank you for letting us know. You may see this in future versions.

Thanks,
Erik

Erik M commented on Raymond Burket's post over 1 year

Well it certainly helps us when these are reported! Thank you for the assistance and the kind words. It is our pleasure to bring the framework to such a great community. The complete download has been updated to 6.1.1.

Thank you again, and keep rockin it :)
- Erik

Erik M commented on Raymond Burket's post over 1 year

I will look into this and see what is going on this evening. Apologies for the trouble there guys!

Erik M commented on Ryan Card's post over 1 year

The problem is that the scss path isn't included in the sass compiler. The import path is "scss", like it's looking for the file "util/util", which would be at "scss/util/_util.scss". You can fix this as shown in the screenshot below:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.hipchat.com/70190/2160448/nTpEbRMlsdGc1pX/upload.png

Erik M commented on Jeremy Alexander's post almost 2 years

Hey Dayo!

You can always email me, erik@zurb.com too if you have a specific question. I'm always happy to help :)

Thanks,
Erik

Hey Jeremy,

You should be able to upload what is in the .zip to a production website. It would be even better if what was in the .zip file was minified for production. We are experimenting with adding a toggle for production in Yeti Launch, which will do just that. As of right now however, it will just be regular unminified code in those zip files.

However you guys brought up something really interesting. If Yeti Launch was given an SSH key, and a path, it could actually upload the zip directly to a production server (without ever leaving the app!). Is that something you guys would be interested in?

Thanks,
Erik

Hey Dayo,

We considered adding a "zip project" button that users could manually click, but I imagined that 99% of the time a user would want to immediately follow the zipping with an upload to Notable. That is why the deploy to notable button ultimately performs two tasks:
1. Zips the project
2. Triggers the Notable modal

We don't want it to be annoying with popups, so apologies for that. We ultimately just feel that Notable helps create a tight feedback loop between people working on projects together, which creates better products. We use it here every day, same way we use Foundation. What are you using the zip file for if you are not uploading to Notable? Perhaps there is a way to better support whatever your workflow is.

Thanks!
Erik

If you have version 1.0.1 of Yeti Launch (available at http://foundation.zurb.com/develop/yeti-launch.html) then you can just let Yeti Launch do all of that work. It has buttons to deploy projects to Notable, and it will only include the necessary files (not bower components or other dependencies).

Hope that helps,
Erik

Erik M commented on Mitt's post almost 2 years

Can you try running npm install with sudo in front of it?

I am seeing EACCES in the error log, which is a permissions issue. Something doesn't have permission to write. Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Erik

Erik M commented on Marc McGee's post almost 2 years

I will customize our gulpfile that generates the custom downloads to not include the sourcemaps. They really won't add anything to custom downloads since the download does not come with the scss the maps refer to.

Thanks for letting us know, that one flew under the radar.
Erik

Posts Followed

• Yeti Launch Webserver Port

By Kevin Coyle

yeti

Thanks for a great platform and framework! I'm having some issues with using Yeti Launch. It seems that there is a process on my mac using port 8000 so the application errors out when trying to start the webserver on that port. As a workaround I hav... (continued)

Last Reply by Erik M over 1 year ago

Replies
  • "Complete" Download

By Raymond Burket

download

Greetings and I love Foundation! I've downloaded the "Complete" version. I noticed the JS and CSS files both list the version as 6.05, but the docs are at version 6.1.1. Is there a way to get the complete version at 6.1.1? Thank you for sharing this am... (continued)

Last Reply by Rafi Benkual over 1 year ago

Replies
  • Problem downloading and starting server

By Mitt

npmerrornpm start

... ... ... 709 silly gentlyRm containing path /usr/local is under npm's control, in /usr/local 710 silly gentlyRm deletion target /usr/local/share/man/man7/npm-registry.7.7 is under /usr/local 711 verbose gentlyRm vacuuming from /usr/local/share/man... (continued)

Last Reply by Mitt almost 2 years ago

Replies
  • Custom download oddity

By Yan Wong

foundation 6downloadcustom

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding, but when I click on "Download Custom Build" from http://foundation.zurb.com/sites/download.html/, with all the boxes ticked (I just changed some colour settings) the index.html file produces an entirely unstyled page, and lot... (continued)

Last Reply by Yan Wong almost 2 years ago

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

No Content

My Comments

You commented on Kevin Coyle's post over 1 year

Hey Kevin!

You did the perfect workaround, but I think it would be best if it was configurable as well. An Alpha version actually did contain that functionality on a settings page, but we removed that page altogether to keep things more streamlined. The feedback is useful, so thank you for letting us know. You may see this in future versions.

Thanks,
Erik

You commented on Raymond Burket's post over 1 year

Well it certainly helps us when these are reported! Thank you for the assistance and the kind words. It is our pleasure to bring the framework to such a great community. The complete download has been updated to 6.1.1.

Thank you again, and keep rockin it :)
- Erik

You commented on Raymond Burket's post over 1 year

I will look into this and see what is going on this evening. Apologies for the trouble there guys!

You commented on Ryan Card's post over 1 year

The problem is that the scss path isn't included in the sass compiler. The import path is "scss", like it's looking for the file "util/util", which would be at "scss/util/_util.scss". You can fix this as shown in the screenshot below:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.hipchat.com/70190/2160448/nTpEbRMlsdGc1pX/upload.png

You commented on Jeremy Alexander's post almost 2 years

Hey Dayo!

You can always email me, erik@zurb.com too if you have a specific question. I'm always happy to help :)

Thanks,
Erik

Hey Jeremy,

You should be able to upload what is in the .zip to a production website. It would be even better if what was in the .zip file was minified for production. We are experimenting with adding a toggle for production in Yeti Launch, which will do just that. As of right now however, it will just be regular unminified code in those zip files.

However you guys brought up something really interesting. If Yeti Launch was given an SSH key, and a path, it could actually upload the zip directly to a production server (without ever leaving the app!). Is that something you guys would be interested in?

Thanks,
Erik

Hey Dayo,

We considered adding a "zip project" button that users could manually click, but I imagined that 99% of the time a user would want to immediately follow the zipping with an upload to Notable. That is why the deploy to notable button ultimately performs two tasks:
1. Zips the project
2. Triggers the Notable modal

We don't want it to be annoying with popups, so apologies for that. We ultimately just feel that Notable helps create a tight feedback loop between people working on projects together, which creates better products. We use it here every day, same way we use Foundation. What are you using the zip file for if you are not uploading to Notable? Perhaps there is a way to better support whatever your workflow is.

Thanks!
Erik

If you have version 1.0.1 of Yeti Launch (available at http://foundation.zurb.com/develop/yeti-launch.html) then you can just let Yeti Launch do all of that work. It has buttons to deploy projects to Notable, and it will only include the necessary files (not bower components or other dependencies).

Hope that helps,
Erik

You commented on Mitt's post almost 2 years

Can you try running npm install with sudo in front of it?

I am seeing EACCES in the error log, which is a permissions issue. Something doesn't have permission to write. Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Erik

You commented on Marc McGee's post almost 2 years

I will customize our gulpfile that generates the custom downloads to not include the sourcemaps. They really won't add anything to custom downloads since the download does not come with the scss the maps refer to.

Thanks for letting us know, that one flew under the radar.
Erik

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content