My Posts

My Comments

Cam Lee commented on Cam Lee's post almost 4 years

@Rafi

What I am doing is copying the component files that usually live in:
bower_components/foundation/scss/foundation/components/

And moving them into:
scsss/

which is where all my custom .scss files live, then I did exactly what you described above and importing my new custom "_buttons-override.scss"

I really want to avoid altering files unnecessarily and specifically moving them out of the bower_components directory in order to allow easy updating.

Is there some simple way to override a mixin within the default "_buttons.scss" file WITHOUT duplicating the entire component outside of the "bower_components" directory??

Basically I just want to alter one of the mixins within _buttons.scss it strikes me as odd that there isn't a way to do this without making a duplicate of the framework file outside of the framework itself.

Posts Followed

Following

No Content

Followers

• Michael Reid has no published posts

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Cam Lee's post almost 4 years

@Rafi

What I am doing is copying the component files that usually live in:
bower_components/foundation/scss/foundation/components/

And moving them into:
scsss/

which is where all my custom .scss files live, then I did exactly what you described above and importing my new custom "_buttons-override.scss"

I really want to avoid altering files unnecessarily and specifically moving them out of the bower_components directory in order to allow easy updating.

Is there some simple way to override a mixin within the default "_buttons.scss" file WITHOUT duplicating the entire component outside of the "bower_components" directory??

Basically I just want to alter one of the mixins within _buttons.scss it strikes me as odd that there isn't a way to do this without making a duplicate of the framework file outside of the framework itself.

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers

• Michael Reid has no published posts