Menu icon Foundation

Designer | Anchorage, AK

My Posts

My Comments

David Beach commented on David Beach's post over 3 years

Hey Erik:

Happy new year. I was creating another project and first downloaded to get latest Yeti Launch version. i created project, with basic template. When I did this, I noticed again that the _settings file updates were not being applied to the CSS file.

Also when you navigate to bower_components/foundation-sites/scss the settings file is and folder are missing after the install.

Also in the /scss/ root directory the _settings file does not have // in front of each line, instead it appears to say process everything.

Thanks,

Dave Beach

David Beach commented on Mike Weisz's post over 4 years

I have found pretty much the opposite experience. GitHub alone has 7,000 plus foundation extensions. The key difference with Foundation is they don't try and deliver "final element design", rather they deliver the framework, allowing the web designer/developer to easily customize their own styles. Also Foundation is easily integrated with whatever code snippet/addon you want to add (including non foundation elements) -- something other web frameworks don't do easily.

Posts Followed

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on David Beach's post over 3 years

Hey Erik:

Happy new year. I was creating another project and first downloaded to get latest Yeti Launch version. i created project, with basic template. When I did this, I noticed again that the _settings file updates were not being applied to the CSS file.

Also when you navigate to bower_components/foundation-sites/scss the settings file is and folder are missing after the install.

Also in the /scss/ root directory the _settings file does not have // in front of each line, instead it appears to say process everything.

Thanks,

Dave Beach

You commented on Mike Weisz's post over 4 years

I have found pretty much the opposite experience. GitHub alone has 7,000 plus foundation extensions. The key difference with Foundation is they don't try and deliver "final element design", rather they deliver the framework, allowing the web designer/developer to easily customize their own styles. Also Foundation is easily integrated with whatever code snippet/addon you want to add (including non foundation elements) -- something other web frameworks don't do easily.

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content